Sign in to follow this  
TheHansonGoons

Status screen

Since the update, this has really bothered me:

I used to be able to quickly check my map, objectives completed, etc whenever hopping out of a window, opening drawers, running, etc. Now it seems like i have to be standing still. Why?

It was helpful for checking to see where the cops spawn as I hope out of a window. Or opening a drawer and finding an item, I could check where to run with it. Even just checking what is done if going inside a cabin. 

Has anyone else noticed this? How do you guys feel about it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I heard someone else mention this the other day, though I haven't really experimented with it myself yet. It's odd that they would do that though.

13 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

I heard someone else mention this the other day, though I haven't really experimented with it myself yet. It's odd that they would do that though.

I agree. Seems like such a meticulous detail that maybe I am one of the few that cares about it. Yet at the same time it helps with multitasking. Barricading a door and checking objectives completed does save a couple seconds

This is a different topic, but can people not join already going QP games and spectate now? Its only been one person that I have tried it with, but they got errors each time. As soon as the game ended and we were back in lobby, she joined just fine. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I agree. Seems like such a meticulous detail that maybe I am one of the few that cares about it. Yet at the same time it helps with multitasking. Barricading a door and checking objectives completed does save a couple seconds

This is a different topic, but can people not join already going QP games and spectate now? Its only been one person that I have tried it with, but they got errors each time. As soon as the game ended and we were back in lobby, she joined just fine. 

You are not alone this is a very strange change to the game as I always used those opportunities to view the map also.... and want it back in the game.

on the other topic it doesn’t seem spectating is possible with the dedicated servers... if you send a invite while the lobby has an open slot a player can join but must be quick...... as the dedicated servers are constantly filling lobbies...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You are not alone this is a very strange change to the game as I always used those opportunities to view the map also.... and want it back in the game.

on the other topic it doesn’t seem spectating is possible with the dedicated servers... if you send a invite while the lobby has an open slot a player can join but must be quick...... as the dedicated servers are constantly filling lobbies...

That's what I thought. Have tried it with a couple different people now. Figured it was something with dedicated servers and people not being able to join and specatate. Thanks.

Also glad to hear I am not the only person irritated with this change.

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That's what I thought. Have tried it with a couple different people now. Figured it was something with dedicated servers and people not being able to join and specatate. Thanks.

Also glad to hear I am not the only person irritated with this change.

Yep.  This team has told us they can't even add a rock or a tree, but they've managed to make some really unnecessary and annoying changes.  

Par for the course.

• Like 1

I really wish the “guys or gals ” or “guy or gal ” working on the game would stop making changes to the things that worked fine ....( must be job security at this point.)

someone may need to put together a known issues after the patch post with a very lengthy list of things they should be working on and copy community manager / developers at illfonic. 

Since they change things that don’t need to be...

• Like 2

I picked up on this playing over the weekend also, but I rationalized it as making the game a bit harder on the counselors. I also think it has to do with preventing some glitch where viewing the map screen while interacting with anything freezes you into that action. There was something about it in the patch notes.

Edited by The_Gray_Ghost_

8 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

I picked up on this playing over the weekend also, but I rationalized it as making the game a bit harder on the counselors. I also think it has to do with preventing some glitch where viewing the map screen while interacting with anything freezes you into that action. There was something about it in the patch notes.

My friend earlier reasoned it as giving Jason that little buff, but I feel your latter reason of preventing bugs is probably the best scenario of why they would change it. Though the interaction bug was even more prevalent in the few hours I played today than before. Especially nearly everytime I started and drove a car. the action button icon wouldnt leave.

Either way, I still hate it and wish it could be reverted.

5 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

My friend earlier reasoned it as giving Jason that little buff, but I feel your latter reason of preventing bugs is probably the best scenario of why they would change it. Though the interaction bug was even more prevalent in the few hours I played today than before. Especially nearly everytime I started and drove a car. the action button icon wouldnt leave.

Either way, I still hate it and wish it could be reverted.

I completely agree I like to multi task and check on what objective needs to be pushed or if there’s any parts marked. I made a strong habit of doing so.

If they really wanted to buff Jason in a meaningful way.

Remove his marker from the minimap at all times.

No more shift tracking and stalk might become only slightly more useful.

They made the change to try to "fix" the interaction lock bug. Instead of actually fixing it, they decided to "work around it" by taking away the ability to use the map screen during animations. Unfortunately, counselors still lock when using the shot gun, so they failed.

3 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

They made the change to try to "fix" the interaction lock bug. Instead of actually fixing it, they decided to "work around it" by taking away the ability to use the map screen during animations. Unfortunately, counselors still lock when using the shot gun, so they failed.

I got attack locked last night twice, both times were when the car was stopped. I can do anything but take a swing at Jason. I found climbing through a window actually unlocked and allowed to swing again.. weird... First ive had this happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I got attack locked last night twice, both times were when the car was stopped. I can do anything but take a swing at Jason. I found climbing through a window actually unlocked and allowed to swing again.. weird... First ive had this happen.

Dropping and picking back up your weapon fixes it as well.

13 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

ahhh, good to know. thanks man!

Np. It can still cost you. Especially if you're trying to save someone but at least there's a quick fix.