Sign in to follow this  
GhostWolfViking

1st match with dedicated servers. 5 players Teaming up with Jason first QP match.

Xbox One. Just played in a Quick Play match after months of not playing.

I see dedicated servers added to the console version.

A group of players in party chat decided to team up and troll me.

Jason won't kill them. I run out the clock as Vanessa while 5 players and Jason are trying to kill me. ?

Quickly reminded why I stopped playing.

The community goes out of their way to put the last nail in the coffin.

Salt system needs to be removed.

Not sticking around in games with trolls trying to ruin the game for everyone in QP.

Then receive a penalty for leaving a match like that.

It's a joke that my only option is to suicide and then quit.

• Like 7

Well let's see how long dedicated servers last since they made it clear they could care less about giving is new content. Now this and DBD suck 

Look on the bright side.

If it were 5 Vanessas against Jason. The Jason would probably quit after realizing he'd probably be killed or just trolled for 20 minutes.

?

Either way. Your point does stand, the toxic community is the gasoline added to the already lit fire by Gun/Illfonic.

Party match was supposed to be a tool to be make it easier for friends to play with each other. Unfortunately its also a tool for trolls to do the same.

• Haha 1

It's such a shame the devs don't care about their community and product to ban these teaming cheaters. Dedicated servers really helped make this game playable again but if they would oban the cheaters as well, I think the game would be golden. 

This is such a fun game but it has one of the most toxic online communities I ever been apart of. 

Haven't experienced any instances like this since I started playing yesterday. If you do, may as well just window suicide and find a new game. It's not a big deal, the easy and simple solution is to just find a new lobby. One match wont spoil your day.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Xbox One. Just played in a Quick Play match after months of not playing.

I see dedicated servers added to the console version.

A group of players in party chat decided to team up and troll me.

Jason won't kill them. I run out the clock as Vanessa while 5 players and Jason are trying to kill me. ?

Quickly reminded why I stopped playing.

The community goes out of their way to put the last nail in the coffin.

Salt system needs to be removed.

Not sticking around in games with trolls trying to ruin the game for everyone in QP.

Then receive a penalty for leaving a match like that.

It's a joke that my only option is to suicide and then quit.

Dude..  

Just quit the game and find a new one... and forget about it.

Really don't see why this requires a topic?  Do you need a support group or something...like wtf?

Shit, if i posted something everytime i landed in a shitty lobby with peters and trolls and had to quit.  My post count would be over 10 000.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Does quitting now when you're not Jason still give you salt points now with dedicated servers? Like if I find myself in a lobby with counselors teaming or a Vanessa running over people on purpose could I just quit without getting salt points? 

18 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Does quitting now when you're not Jason still give you salt points now with dedicated servers? Like if I find myself in a lobby with counselors teaming or a Vanessa running over people on purpose could I just quit without getting salt points? 

I assume you still get salt, but it won't be as much as if you were hosting a server. I'm thinking potentially that the quitting as host salt points are gone now that dedicated servers are here. 

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I assume you still get salt, but it won't be as much as if you were hosting a server. I'm thinking potentially that the quitting as host salt points are gone now that dedicated servers are here. 

Do you know if we still get out XP if we quit after we die or escape? I assume you would since we have dedicated servers now and if the host quits the game won't end. 

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Look on the bright side.

If it were 5 Vanessas against Jason. The Jason would probably quit after realizing he'd probably be killed or just trolled for 20 minutes.

?

Either way. Your point does stand, the toxic community is the gasoline added to the already lit fire by Gun/Illfonic.

Party match was supposed to be a tool to be make it easier for friends to play with each other. Unfortunately its also a tool for trolls to do the same.

Correct Jason would be dead in 5 minutes, the game started to go downhill when they introduced dance emotes along with nerfing the crap out of Jason , there will always be trolls in any game, but gun/illfonic seem to like  to do things that attract more.

• Like 3

Noticed that part 7 jason during the round had a glitched outfit or skin.

White patches and see through on some areas of his body.

Maybe a bug with the new patch or is there a way to glitch Jason skins?

I did take a long break from the game after the announcement about no more content.

Had been waiting for dedicated servers before continuing online.

Good to see I can finish a match and hopefully get my last 2 achievements for Jason completed.

12 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Jason won't kill them. I run out the clock as Vanessa while 5 players and Jason are trying to kill me. 

Sounds like a Jason hunting party. If you had been Jason, they likely would have hunted you.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

People have gotten used to using 3rd party tools to communicate discretely. I've noticed a lot of games (this one included) are not being played as intended anymore. People play these games to win with unfair advantages.

7 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

It's such a shame the devs don't care about their community and product to ban these teaming cheaters. Dedicated servers really helped make this game playable again but if they would oban the cheaters as well, I think the game would be golden. 

This is such a fun game but it has one of the most toxic online communities I ever been apart of. 

There probably aren't enough staff being allocated to comb through the mountain of evidence to ban cheaters. Most of them are working on other projects for the companies.

6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Haven't experienced any instances like this since I started playing yesterday. If you do, may as well just window suicide and find a new game. It's not a big deal, the easy and simple solution is to just find a new lobby. One match wont spoil your day.

Something can spoil one's day if they let it. Mind over matter.

• Like 1

why even bother committing suicide? just leave the match and find a new one. 

yeah, there are a lot of toxic dickheads in this game... but then again... there have been toxic dickheads in literally every online game i've ever played. hell... there are toxic dickheads on every online forum or social media platform i visit. 

it only bothers you if you let it. 

if i get in to a lobby full of idiots, i immediately leave and find a new one. no big deal... especially with dedicated servers up and running. you can literally be in a new lobby within a minute or two. 

21 hours ago, matisangry said:

why even bother committing suicide? just leave the match and find a new one

No salt for quitting after death :)

On 9/15/2018 at 10:57 AM, HuDawg said:

Dude..  

Just quit the game and find a new one... and forget about it.

Really don't see why this requires a topic?  Do you need a support group or something...like wtf?

Shit, if i posted something everytime i landed in a shitty lobby with peters and trolls and had to quit.  My post count would be over 10 000.

I have to agree here with you here. OP has a point though. I'm a backer and played ever since, and l play QP all the time. I'm too lazy to use the invite system on Xbox to get into private lobbies. Anyway, last night was the first time I was in a lobby with a bunch of shit talkers. They just randomly started shit talking after I was killed in game. I just quit the game and moved on. I'm level 150 and generally when I die, I'm use my phone or read a book or something until the next match, so I honestly don't always play hard so to speak. They were acting fools saying I didn't know Friday lore or whatever. It was a pathetic attempt at trolling. Funny thing is, I'm 44 years old, and have seen all of the films in the franchise in the movie theater except the first (I was 7 at the time. Anyway, they were just trolling with little effect, so you know, just move to another lobby. People are shitty sometimes.

Happy with the dedicated servers.

Played for quickplay for a few hours and enjoy being able to complete a full match.

If Jason kills me I wait for him to get his kill then search for a new match. No penalty. ?

Going for 1,000 matches as Jason online. I don't stick around in spectate mode anymore.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:29 PM, NytmereZ said:

Correct Jason would be dead in 5 minutes, the game started to go downhill when they introduced dance emotes along with nerfing the crap out of Jason , there will always be trolls in any game, but gun/illfonic seem to like  to do things that attract more.

Illfonic should be fukken ashamed of themselves for what this game has turned into. This is supposed to be survival-horror, not Dance Dance Revolution.

• Like 1

a bunch of us decided to try a few games and see how things have been.  76 players on Steam, 5 which were us lol.  God that’s depressing.  Anyway we of course encountered some pretty angry/troll players.  Lot of slurs being thrown around from them.  So we decided to use the car and run them over.  After all this time I still laugh when I see the car slam into them.  Screaming, swearing, slurring and then silence.  Still satisfying.  The best is when they lost their minds and realized that their bigot fest was ruined.  This game is and always has been a haven for trolls.  You just have to adapt and realize that the game that was supposed to be will never be.  Play or don’t, just realize what it’s become.

On 9/15/2018 at 5:58 AM, Phoenix44 said:

Well let's see how long dedicated servers last since they made it clear they could care less about giving is new content. Now this and DBD suck 

they can't give us new content if they could they would 

16 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

they can't give us new content if they could they would 

This! They put alot of work into Uber Jason, I'm sure they wanted to release him. At this point reworking game mechanics, and patches are all we get. Maybe they can address the horrid perk roll system? Probably the only chance of new content will be if the lawsuit ends, and they come out with F13 part 2?