Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

Level 150 and still can’t figure out bear traps!

For the life of me I can’t figure out how players always place a trap down all in one fluent motion almost like they gently place it as they set it!!? 

I always have to “Drop” it on the floor then kneel down to set the trap!! 🤔🤔

I'm pretty sure you just hold down the attack button to place the trap. When placing the trap in front of the door, if facing the door, there has to be a certain distance between you and the door to place it. 

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Whaaaaat??? 🤷‍♂ Bumper? 

What system do you play on? On PS4 it'd be R2. If you're using a PC then idk.

I always hold down on the “d pad” to drop it then the x prompt comes on as I’m standing over it then I hold x to crouch and set it! But that’s not how I see players doing it

2 hours ago, BFizzle said:

What system do you play on? On PS4 it'd be R2. If you're using a PC then idk.

PS4 

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I always hold down on the “d pad” to drop it then the x prompt comes on as I’m standing over it then I hold x to crouch and set it! But that’s not how I see players doing it

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

PS4 

In that case, you have to hold down the R2 button.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

In that case, you have to hold down the R2 button.

Unreal over a year and I finally figured this out LMFAO 😬 🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Unreal over a year and I finally figured this out LMFAO 😬 🍺🍺🍺

No problem man. As a matter of fact, I didn't learn how to set traps myself for quite a while 😄

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Sometimes you just have to ask. I finally figured out how to brake the car a few weeks ago. Still don’t know the horn. 

To blow the horn I believe it's L1 on ps4, either that or R1 I think. Damn, it's been a while since I played! Gotta get back on soon.

3 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

No problem man. As a matter of fact, I didn't learn how to set traps myself for quite a while 😄

Well I always did it in the wrong way lol

tip if didnt know: to get it close to door where jason cant get around it, come at the door walking parallel from left to right. stop just a tad past middle of door then right bumper hold to place trap. this will put it dead center and flush against the door. no side stepping jasons laughing at you saying nice try.

35 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

You can also place them outside the door if you want a completely unavoidable trap.

the only issue is when jason broke all the windows, is breaking in the front so you try to go out the back door and run right into the trap that someone else set that you didnt see outside the door. Yes I have done that and was bitter from my blindness.. lmao

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

the only issue is when jason broke all the windows, is breaking in the front so you try to go out the back door and run right into the trap that someone else set that you didnt see outside the door. Yes I have done that and was bitter from my blindness.. lmao

I'd only do it on a one door cabin. Obviously it's still possible for another counselor to run into it but Jason can't break the door down without stepping in an outside trap.

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'd only do it on a one door cabin. Obviously it's still possible for another counselor to run into it but Jason can't break the door down without stepping in an outside trap.

Wrong. They can combat stance from the side of the door and then shift inside. 

13 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

But it will take him a bit more time. Especially if the camera follows the counselor.

13 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

It will take longer to get lined up and I find your weapon sticks more often.You are right though it is possible to get around. 

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It will take longer to get lined up and I find your weapon sticks more often.You are right though it is possible to get around. 

3 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

But it will take him a bit more time. Especially if the camera follows the counselor.

Yeah, but think about it: if you do this in a small cabin and he traps both windows he has you caught pretty good. He has just turned your trap to his advantage if he knows how to combat stance the door. 

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Yeah, but think about it: if you do this in a small cabin and he traps both windows he has you caught pretty good. He has just turned your trap to his advantage if he knows how to combat stance the door. 

In which case he wasted two traps just to get me. And if I stun him go out the window eat the trap and heal up. At which point he's wasted two traps, burned a shift use, and possibly morph if he's that determined to avoid my trap. That is most definitely a trade I'd make. 

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

In which case he wasted two traps just to get me. And if I stun him go out the window eat the trap and heal up. At which point he's wasted two traps, burned a shift use, and possibly morph if he's that determined to avoid my trap. That is most definitely a trade I'd make. 

“Waste” is in the eye of the beholder. It’s totally worth it if you’re one of the last people. I wouldn’t depend upon being able to stun a Jason that is experienced enough to combat stance the side of a door. Your scenario depends upon many factors that may not be in play in any one game. You’re expecting to have both a knife and a spray.  Maybe you didn’t find one or the other or maybe you used them already. 

@CountYorgaVampir You're correct alot of factors can change the outcome. I'm not depending on a knife though. I'm assuming I'll get the stun off if needed. Be it by melee, firecrackers, or a gun. If there's a back window that's trapped I'll use that one and likely free myself before they can stop me. If I don't have spray and can't tank the trap the stun becomes more important.  Of course none of this is full proof. In the worst case scenario I die and they used up a shift and traps to get me. It's still a trade I'm okay with making.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

@CountYorgaVampir You're correct alot of factors can change the outcome. I'm not depending on a knife though. I'm assuming I'll get the stun off if needed. Be it by melee, firecrackers, or a gun. If there's a back window that's trapped I'll use that one and likely free myself before they can stop me. If I don't have spray and can't tank the trap the stun becomes more important.  Of course none of this is full proof. In the worst case scenario I die and they used up a shift and traps to get me. It's still a trade I'm okay with making.

By the same token, the Jason would be more than happy with making the trade to deprive you of all of the items you would need to use to escape your predicament. Using two traps likely won’t slow down an experienced player from cleaning out the entire lobby for very long. As I said, you won’t find newbie players combat stancing doors to bypass traps. 

53 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

By the same token, the Jason would be more than happy with making the trade to deprive you of all of the items you would need to use to escape your predicament. Using two traps likely won’t slow down an experienced player from cleaning out the entire lobby for very long. As I said, you won’t find newbie players combat stancing doors to bypass traps. 

A med spray and a well timed melee attack would be all you need, but point taken.