Sign in to follow this  
NytmereZ

How many times do you get stunned as Jason

17 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i think, in most cases, you have to be a good counselor to be able to stun jason that much. stunning him because you can can be an effective (albeit potentially fatal) strategy. i know it's not a popular opinion, but teabagging can be an effective strategy, too. why? both of these things can piss off the jason player and when people are pissed, they tend to stop thinking rationally and start making stupid decisions. i will do both depending on the situation. for example, i played a round as vanessa the other day and by knocking the jason player down and teabagging him (literally two squats) , i got him to tunnel me for six minutes which was long enough for two people to repair and escape in the boat AND call the cops. 

with that being said, there's a difference between strategically taking your shots or dropping your nuts on his forehead and standing at the exit having a dance party while you wait for level 6 jason to show up for the sole purpose of humiliation.  

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think that could be an effective strategy, it does make sense.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I generally dislike slashing and don't kill that way unless needed. Also any knife in my neck is one less used on my traps. I've found the knives don't usually cost you much extra time.

Even the worst counselor player on the map has the potential to make a "impact" when left alive.  Jason can't be everywhere at once, so when you're in position for a guaranteed kill, it's better to just "remove" him/her effectively as possible, alleviating a possible threat.  I'll usually "fuck around" when it's perhap 1-2 left when everything is still under wraps, but until then, I want to contain the map as quickly as I can.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, Fair Play said:

If a player whines about being slashed, and I know they are carrying a pocketknife, I will slash them anyway.

I make no excuses if a Jason manages to slash me to death and it's a failure on my part.  Slashing has a role and many players will do better to stop complaining about it and learning to deal with it instead.

10 hours ago, matisangry said:

i know it's not a popular opinion, but teabagging can be an effective strategy, too. why? both of these things can piss off the jason player and when people are pissed, they tend to stop thinking rationally and start making stupid decisions. i will do both depending on the situation. for example, i played a round as vanessa the other day and by knocking the jason player down and teabagging him (literally two squats) , i got him to tunnel me for six minutes which was long enough for two people to repair and escape in the boat AND call the cops.

If a Jason loses his better judgment just from a few crouches or emotes, then he deserves to lose control of the map.

Just now, GeneiJin said:

I make no excuses if a Jason manages to slash me to death and it's a failure on my part.  Slashing has a role and many players will do better to stop complaining about it and learning to deal with it instead.

My sentiments exactly.

6 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Even the worst counselor player on the map has the potential to make a "impact" when left alive.  Jason can't be everywhere at once, so when you're in position for a guaranteed kill, it's better to just "remove" him/her effectively as possible, alleviating a possible threat.  I'll usually "fuck around" when it's perhap 1-2 left when everything is still under wraps, but until then, I want to contain the map as quickly as I can.

I see where you're coming from. Most QP lobbies don't present a threat so I'm not worried about them delaying the inevitable. Sometimes it comes back to bite me. But I prefer a more methodical approach. 

18 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I see where you're coming from. Most QP lobbies don't present a threat so I'm not worried about them delaying the inevitable. Sometimes it comes back to bite me. But I prefer a more methodical approach. 

I make the assumption that there is maybe at least one player of my caliber in the lobby, so I tackle every game initial with the same approach.