Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NytmereZ

How many times do you get stunned as Jason

Recommended Posts

To point out how much Jason is a piñata  I want everyone to start to count how many times you get stunned as Jason I’m getting stunned 10-15times per game at the minimum also not even 30 seconds apart , 4 knives, 3 shotguns, 5 flairs, tons of firecrackers  then bats, axes, even pots and pans are stunning , lots of weapons put back in this patch as well as more sprays, now, I still kill the lobby, but it makes it not fun, you basically have to skip the cool kills.

I’m at 10-15 depending on the group, blocking doesn’t work for Jason , I got blasted with AJ  holding a machete while I was in combat block, it went right though and took off my mask in one shot, pretty sad.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not every lobby is the same, and honestly unless I am super drunk I rarely find myself in situations where I am getting swarmed. The last time I allowed myself in that situation, the lobby was under staffed and Tommy wasn’t called, so I figured.. why not? Entered the cabin and kept slashing until I depleted all of their knives weapons and health sprays, killed one, and then the connection was mysteriously lost.  Coincidence? I think not. 

In an average game I am probably getting hit 5-10 times. I don’t really think about it unless they are using machetes or axes. One on one I almost never get hit anymore except for the freebies like busting through doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just wanting to get people to post their average number there are 4 knives alone in a map that alone is 4 stuns so your number is 5-10 that isn’t bad at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t count knives as stuns, personally. They’re just a pain in the ass. There isn’t anything you can do about those unless you go around slashing everybody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It largely depends on the group of players you're dealing with. If they're trolls, expect to be stunned, A LOT.  However, if you get lucky and that's not the case, expect very few stuns. Also I think it depends on how you play as Jason. You can use different tactics to avoid getting stunned, sometimes. I do agree though, it is sad that a scrawny teenager can stun Jason in one hit with a frying pan. Something definitely needs to be done, and has needed to be done for so long now. I think it's high time for a Jason buff, especially since the latest update added back health sprays, (AKA counselor buff), now we need a Jason buff to balance it out, at least somewhat anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I don’t count knives as stuns, personally. They’re just a pain in the ass. There isn’t anything you can do about those unless you go around slashing everybody. 

Well knives do tend to lead to melee stun..  I know im guilty of doing it and so are many others.  

 

For me.. the stuns come in bunches when swarmed.  Typically, in a bad swarm i might get stunned 5-15 times.  Spending about 2-4 mins stunned.

Now.. how many times i've stunned Jason is another story.  Especially since the engine upgrade.   So much so, that i now sort of hold back from doing it.

I end up feeling bad for the Jason player..  This is usually when a average or newer Jason player is playing.

 

Hopefully gun alters this..    I know the PRO BEAT down Jason players will resist every step of the way.   But combat in this game seriously needs to be altered in Jason favor.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make this study more interesting, let's also add whether or not you utilized block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know. Lately, it seems for every lobby where the players have their shit together there is three or four lobbies where players don’t even try to accomplish a single thing. It takes ten seconds to call Tommy. Somebody ALWAYS seems to spawn close by it, but I will often find the cabin ransacked and the radio untouched. Sure, for those times when I come across a professional kill squad a Jason buff would be nice, but in most cases (for me) I don’t need the extra help. All they need to do is make it a lot harder to take the mask off. It should be a minimum of 10 hits. I’ve had it come off with two, and it wasn’t even by Bugzy or Tommy, but Fox. That’s bullshit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I don’t know. Lately, it seems for every lobby where the players have their shit together there is three or four lobbies where players don’t even try to accomplish a single thing. It takes ten seconds to call Tommy. Somebody ALWAYS seems to spawn close by it, but I will often find the cabin ransacked and the radio untouched. Sure, for those times when I come across a professional kill squad a Jason buff would be nice, but in most cases (for me) I don’t need the extra help. All they need to do is make it a lot harder to take the mask off. It should be a minimum of 10 hits. I’ve had it come off with two, and it wasn’t even by Bugzy or Tommy, but Fox. That’s bullshit. 

They can rectify this by just letting Jason pick up the mask and put it back on... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BFizzle said:

To make this study more interesting, let's also add whether or not you utilized block.

Yes , I use block all the time... doesn’t work that great, get stunned right though it most of the time, in one on one combat Jason is at a huge disadvantage, but we all know this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Yes , I use block all the time... doesn’t work that great, get stunned right though it most of the time, in one on one combat Jason is at a huge disadvantage, but we all know this.

1 v 1, no way, especially if they are trying to square up with you rather than being safe and kiting.  In this situation, the counselor will eventually HAVE TO HIT JASON.   Just spacing him out, try to bait him into a commitment.  Usually whoever commit first loses, and since they will HAVE TO COMMIT at some point, you don't, just deny the hit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People like you wouldn’t even play the game if you couldn’t troll Jason “Jason hunter” LOL!  Instead of trying to make it look like Jason isn’t a bitch(if he wasn’t you wouldn’t play) post up how many times you stun Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t often get stunned. I’d say maybe 3-10 times per match? Something like that. However, it’s not a problem for me. I never get swarmed. I don’t want to sound like a “GIT GUD” douche but I think anyone who’s getting stunned a lot isn’t playing as Jason very well OR they just happen to be in a lobby with people who are good at the game. 

I mean, I’m still surrounded by counselors and then Jason grabs me and THEY STILL DONT HIT HIM to release me most of the time when I’m playing as a counselor. I don’t think I’ve seen any gangbanging of Jason at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

People like you wouldn’t even play the game if you couldn’t troll Jason “Jason hunter” LOL!

You realize I also play Jason and have my pref set to Jason?  I put myself out to the same potential bullying, which IMO is not trolling as it serves a tactical advantage to give time for others (which usually doesn't amount to anything in QP :rolleyes:) LOL.

3 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Instead of trying to make it look like Jason isn’t a bitch(if he wasn’t you wouldn’t play) post up how many times you stun Jason.

How many time I stun the Jason Player?   That is entirely dependent on the quality of that Jason player, as a good Jason will deny getting hit and punish effectively.  If it's some n00b or a bad Jason, I don't know, maybe 15-20 from just me.  When I'm Jason, I take about maybe 5-7 Stuns throughout the game total (this includes PKs, fireworks, and gunshots).  Could I take more, sure, but I'd say that is my overall average.

A "bitch" Jason will get bullied.  A stud Jason will be respected and to be proceeded with caution, even by me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other then the need for quick block being fixed to work properly again, a Jason player being stunned is their own fault. You letting them hit you is on you and nobody else. As to how often I get stunned, I would guess 10 or less. Not counting pocket knives, because those can't be avoided unless you slash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Other then the need for quick block being fixed to work properly again, a Jason player being stunned is their own fault. You letting them hit you is on you and nobody else. As to how often I get stunned, I would guess 10 or less. Not counting pocket knives, because those can't be avoided unless you slash.

I gave up on block for a bit when they fucked it up after patch, but im back to using it again. just have to anticipate better and sometimes you look foolish blocking too early, but atleast I'm not taking damage and they eventually will run out of stamina. The interaction lock is there too every once and awhile, but is well known and someone will be nice to give you a quick wack to unlock and continue game..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Other then the need for quick block being fixed to work properly again, a Jason player being stunned is their own fault. You letting them hit you is on you and nobody else. As to how often I get stunned, I would guess 10 or less. Not counting pocket knives, because those can't be avoided unless you slash.

They are crippled, holding a prop, or unarmed?  Slash away my friend, lol.  Why even bother with the PKs (followed by healing) if they can't do anything about slashing? lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

They are crippled, holding a prop, or unarmed?  Slash away my friend, lol.  Why even bother with the PKs (followed by healing) if they can't do anything about slashing? lol.

I generally dislike slashing and don't kill that way unless needed. Also any knife in my neck is one less used on my traps. I've found the knives don't usually cost you much extra time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, Jason's job is to kill for mother. Access, anticipate, adapt.

20 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

They are crippled, holding a prop, or unarmed?  Slash away my friend, lol.  Why even bother with the PKs (followed by healing) if they can't do anything about slashing? lol.

If a player whines about being slashed, and I know they are carrying a pocketknife, I will slash them anyway.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 10:46 AM, JasonLives86 said:

It largely depends on the group of players you're dealing with. If they're trolls, expect to be stunned, A LOT.  However, if you get lucky and that's not the case, expect very few stuns.

so if you're getting stunned a lot... it's not because you're a bad jason... or because you're up against really good counselors... it's because the lobby is filled with trolls?

sorry. that doesn't make any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, matisangry said:

so if you're getting stunned a lot... it's not because you're a bad jason... or because you're up against really good counselors... it's because the lobby is filled with trolls?

sorry. that doesn't make any sense.

Well, not exactly. Your skill as Jason does come into play as well, but I think we can all agree that trolls are far more likely to stun you repeatedly than most players, at least that's been the case in my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JasonLives86 said:

Well, not exactly. Your skill as Jason does come into play as well, but I think we can all agree that trolls are far more likely to stun you repeatedly than most players, at least that's been the case in my experience.

i guess i don't see jason killers or players that don't shy away from confrontations with jason as trolls. i mean... there are exceptions, obviously, but a solid jason should be able to combat most of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i guess i don't see jason killers or players that don't shy away from confrontations with jason as trolls. i mean... there are exceptions, obviously, but a solid jason should be able to combat most of that. 

That's very true. I wouldn't say all those players are trolls, because they can actually be really good counselors. The difference is a troll will stun you repeatedly just to be doing it, just because they can, to try to trigger/annoy you, rather than doing so when they absolutely have to in order to get away. On top of that, they tea bag you and dance just to rub it in your face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JasonLives86 said:

That's very true. I wouldn't say all those players are trolls, because they can actually be really good counselors. The difference is a troll will stun you repeatedly just to be doing it, just because they can, to try to trigger/annoy you, rather than doing so when they absolutely have to in order to get away. On top of that, they tea bag you and dance just to rub it in your face.

i think, in most cases, you have to be a good counselor to be able to stun jason that much. stunning him because you can can be an effective (albeit potentially fatal) strategy. i know it's not a popular opinion, but teabagging can be an effective strategy, too. why? both of these things can piss off the jason player and when people are pissed, they tend to stop thinking rationally and start making stupid decisions. i will do both depending on the situation. for example, i played a round as vanessa the other day and by knocking the jason player down and teabagging him (literally two squats) , i got him to tunnel me for six minutes which was long enough for two people to repair and escape in the boat AND call the cops. 

with that being said, there's a difference between strategically taking your shots or dropping your nuts on his forehead and standing at the exit having a dance party while you wait for level 6 jason to show up for the sole purpose of humiliation.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×