Jason Todd Voorhees

Which Jason do you Main? (Statistic Poll 2018)

Who is your Main Jason?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jason do you Main Online?

• Part 2 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 3 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 4 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 5 Jason (Roy Burns)
    • Part 6 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 7 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 8 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 9 Jason Voorhees
    • Savini Jason Voorhees

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/01/2019 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Could've used a different one. If you don't have multiple credit cards, could have bought a walmart prepaid credit card and try that. There's always a way!

I want thinking of that at the time. :(

When I got the game at release I’d only play 3 and 8. I prefer playing as Jason unless I’m going against a fight crew multiple games in a row. Now, unless I’m doing random just for fun I exclusively use part 9 with the pig splitter. I feel that people think he sucks because of his 3 traps.  While they are not ideal I do the same thing every match.  I double trap the phone, and then I keep the last one to either retrap the phone, or put it on the Tommy power box. Early game I morph around and break doors and windows to the big houses as I’m taking out power boxes, and most importantly I collect knives. I’m pretty good with the spawns for them.  I generally won’t even go after anybody unless I end up morphing right on top of them. 

Once I get my shift though it’s on. The distance it has is fantastic. It’s so far and fast that I catch people out of my sense range, and once I get stalk it’s the best. Since it has such a short cooldown i usually always have it up, and I feel people don’t realize how good it is. I’ve had so many people run into my arms just standing around corners.   9 is also very good at catching cars. Since I have so few traps a car is bound to get started and I love chasing them down. I always want at least one of the cars to start because if I stop  

His only issue is groups of good players. Since he doesn’t have the + weapon strength it can take a lot of hits to make a thick skin limp. I’ve had the game since release and I don’t know what + stun resistance is. I get stunned just as much as every other Jason which is pretty much whenever I am attacked.  Other then that though I love him, wish he didn’t look as rotted though. 

26 minutes ago, ScottySizzle said:

When I got the game at release I’d only play 3 and 8. I prefer playing as Jason unless I’m going against a fight crew multiple games in a row. Now, unless I’m doing random just for fun I exclusively use part 9 with the pig splitter. I feel that people think he sucks because of his 3 traps.  While they are not ideal I do the same thing every match.  I double trap the phone, and then I keep the last one to either retrap the phone, or put it on the Tommy power box. Early game I morph around and break doors and windows to the big houses as I’m taking out power boxes, and most importantly I collect knives. I’m pretty good with the spawns for them.  I generally won’t even go after anybody unless I end up morphing right on top of them. 

Once I get my shift though it’s on. The distance it has is fantastic. It’s so far and fast that I catch people out of my sense range, and once I get stalk it’s the best. Since it has such a short cooldown i usually always have it up, and I feel people don’t realize how good it is. I’ve had so many people run into my arms just standing around corners.   9 is also very good at catching cars. Since I have so few traps a car is bound to get started and I love chasing them down. I always want at least one of the cars to start because if I stop  

His only issue is groups of good players. Since he doesn’t have the + weapon strength it can take a lot of hits to make a thick skin limp. I’ve had the game since release and I don’t know what + stun resistance is. I get stunned just as much as every other Jason which is pretty much whenever I am attacked.  Other then that though I love him, wish he didn’t look as rotted though. 

I believe the plus stun resistance makes stuns shorter. Or at least it's supposed to. I've never tested it to see if it actually does. Never been big on J9 myself, but you bring up some really fun play ideas.

I used to go 3 or 4, I had this psychological fear of walking Jason's after my very first match getting 0/7 with part 6.

But recently I've been playing as part 6, and I've got to say I think he's pretty good. His shift and stalk cool downs are quick and I like to use stalk a lot, I find it helps so much against groups of aggressive fighting counselors. 

8 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I used to go 3 or 4, I had this psychological fear of walking Jason's after my very first match getting 0/7 with part 6.

But recently I've been playing as part 6, and I've got to say I think he's pretty good. His shift and stalk cool downs are quick and I like to use stalk a lot, I find it helps so much against groups of aggressive fighting counselors. 

Part 6 is a really good Jason, he is my favorite walking Jason other than Savini. Part 6 heavily relies on his shift and throwing knifes because he has a painfully long morph cooldown. Part 6 is one of the best walking Jasons. Some people say Part 8 but I prefer Part 6 any day.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I believe the plus stun resistance makes stuns shorter. Or at least it's supposed to. I've never tested it to see if it actually does. Never been big on J9 myself, but you bring up some really fun play ideas.

It works depending on the weapon tbh.

I mained Part 4, for the longest time. Tried Part 3...now I main Part 6. I’m not the best Jason...yet I enjoy the challenge. 

I used to main Part 8, but I'm so sick of seeing him myself as a counselor that I now main Savini Jason. 9 times out of ten Part VIII seems to be the teamster's Jason of choice as well. No longer a fan. :D

Savini Jason gets a great reception from the new players as well. So it's a cool experience for them. Until they all get wiped out that is. :D 

• Like 1

I probably have killed more counselors as Jason 9 than any other. Once shift comes online, it's hard to not just fuck up the lobby. 

• Thanks 1

Part 7 is my third pick. Since he got his quality of life update I enjoy playing him alot. I used him before the update but I always found it damn hard to do effectively. 

4 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I probably have killed more counselors as Jason 9 than any other. Once shift comes online, it's hard to not just fuck up the lobby. 

Haha and that stun resistance!

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Part 7 is my third pick. Since he got his quality of life update I enjoy playing him alot. I used him before the update but I always found it damn hard to do effectively. 

I stay getting Kills with Part 7 Jason!

Interesting to see the poll numbers and it goes to show how much people rely on their traps and shift to catch counselors.

I do well with part 4, and rely on my map awareness to keep objectives under control, and I rarely have to shift grab anymone. 

However I do think for the benefit of the average player they could buff minus trap Jason’s. Just give them 4 traps. That would go a long way, or replace the weakness altogether with a useless weakness like grip strength. 

I know some people think not all Jason’s should be the same, but the average player won’t want to handicap themselves, when they can just pick a balanced part 8 Jason 

1 minute ago, dandop1984 said:

I know some people think not all Jason’s should be the same, but the average player won’t want to handicap themselves, when they can just pick a balanced part 8 Jason 

It depends on the quality of the lobby.  If it was the typical QP lobby, I'll still steamroll it regardless of the Jason.  However, in a lobby that will test you in every aspect counselors can push Jason, every advantage a Jason choice will give you will be needed. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 9:48 PM, God Damn Angela said:

Part 2. 

I love having traps and morphing all over the place.

Also Part 2 is one of my 3 fave movies in the franchise.

I like part 2 as well, great movie and fun Jason to play! He's weak in the slashing department, but I use him to eat up pocket knives on grabs so that's not a big deal. His plus traps and morph is awesome, I run with the pig splitter for the throat slash kill. He's among my favorites, he might be weak but he makes up for it by grabbing as many throwing knives as you can find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

I like part 2 as well, great movie and fun Jason to play! He's weak in the slashing department, but I use him to eat up pocket knives on grabs so that's not a big deal. His plus traps and morph is awesome, I run with the pig splitter for the throat slash kill. He's among my favorites, he might be weak but he makes up for it by grabbing as many throwing knives as you can find.

I'm still not high enough to weapon swap but I really want to, not that I dislike the Pickaxe but there are weapons I'm more interested in. So long as you are good at avoiding getting hit, and with morphing, his weaknesses are basically nulled. -Water Speed only matters if there is a boat and people get it going AND you morph to the wrong place, but this rarely if ever happens. -Shift is really the only one I have an issue with sometimes, but that's only when it comes to cars and if I morph incorrectly. Shifting at close range isn't really affected by the weakness. But yeah, he definitely isn't the strongest Jason but I find him to be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, God Damn Angela said:

I'm still not high enough to weapon swap but I really want to, not that I dislike the Pickaxe but there are weapons I'm more interested in. So long as you are good at avoiding getting hit, and with morphing, his weaknesses are basically nulled. -Water Speed only matters if there is a boat and people get it going AND you morph to the wrong place, but this rarely if ever happens. -Shift is really the only one I have an issue with sometimes, but that's only when it comes to cars and if I morph incorrectly. Shifting at close range isn't really affected by the weakness. But yeah, he definitely isn't the strongest Jason but I find him to be a lot of fun.

You are gonna get there don't worry! Just grind through this double xp!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 5:51 PM, thrawn3054 said:

How was Part 7 updated? I remember he was viewed as the weakest Jason for months but I must've missed the news of a boost to him?

6 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

How was Part 7 updated? I remember he was viewed as the weakest Jason for months but I must've missed the news of a boost to him?

He has normal shift instead of minus shift. They also replaced grip strength with weapon strength. He's not the best Jason in my opinion, but he's a solid choice now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

He has normal shift instead of minus shift. They also replaced grip strength with weapon strength. He's not the best Jason in my opinion, but he's a solid choice now.

Part 7 with the wood axe is surprisingly really fun to use. I feel like he’s still in the lower tier but he’s not a bad Jason like he was before.

40 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Part 7 with the wood axe is surprisingly really fun to use. I feel like he’s still in the lower tier but he’s not a bad Jason like he was before.

I place him more mid tier as his only real weakness is the minus traps. Of course that could just be me being biased as I really love his look. My favorite weapon on him when not using the machete is the pig splitter. There's something about J7 with it that I think is incredibly intimidating. 

8 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

8 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I wouldn't say he was the weakest tbh and I got around his shift problem easily lol.

5 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I wouldn't say he was the weakest tbh and I got around his shift problem easily lol.

To be fair - I've never really played Part 7. I'm one of the very few Friday fans that has never liked the look of Part 7 Jason. Never liked skeletal Jason. 

3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

To be fair - I've never really played Part 7. I'm one of the very few Friday fans that has never liked the look of Part 7 Jason. Never liked skeletal Jason. 

That saddens me. 😭