Jason Todd Voorhees

Which Jason do you Main? (Statistic Poll 2018)

Who is your Main Jason?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jason do you Main Online?

• Part 2 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 3 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 4 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 5 Jason (Roy Burns)
    • Part 6 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 7 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 8 Jason Voorhees
    • Part 9 Jason Voorhees
    • Savini Jason Voorhees

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/01/2019 at 05:00 PM

3 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Your a rarity to see then!

Wut

Part 5 over Part 9???? What!?

Nice! Someone else who detailed their reasons behind why they pick their Jason's!

I mean, I prefer Part 9 for his shift ability and I prefer the overall look of Jason and he has better kills with his battle ax. (Doesn’t matter anymore since any Jason can have any weapon) I don’t care for the -Trap thing either. I only ever place one trap at the phone and one at the 4 seater. I don’t even use the third one unless the phone gets taken and I have to use that one there. 

I’m only doing Part 5 now bc I’m getting a little trap happy and placing them in very unusual spots :D. That’s hard to do with only 3 traps and I don’t want to have 7 traps like Part 2 Jason. 5 is enough for me: One at the phone, one at the car, and three anywhere I want. I LOVE hearing the trap sound and seeing I caught someone out on a trail by a campsite or right behind a cabin. It’s so satisfying that someone steps into one when I basically just throw them down randomly where I please.

I voted part 3 like always. I prefer characters that are flexible and able to tackle the various challenges that present themselves during a match. This goes for my play style in the majority of games I play. Need to go brute force and tunnel a counselor I can got that, need to gaurd dog an objective got that to.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:31 AM, Kodiak said:

On Xbox, pitchfork because I'm like 20 levels off weapon swapping. On Steam, haven't played since weapon swapping came out but it would've been the machete :)

Lucky.....I couldn't get Savini because kickstarter wouldn't take my card :(

Part 4 Jason is my pick.

I do well with him, and have a lot of fun.

I find his early game aggressive style can do well at disrupting good counselors early game set ups.

The trick with part 4 and any -trap Jason is to have good map awareness, and never tunnel a counselor longer than a morph regens.

His weapon strength is great against group attacks, and know how to bait counselors to go for a swing only to counter it. 

Another reason why I pick part 4 over more so called balanced Jason’s like part 3 or Part 8 is he has normal Stalk, and can run. 

On 9/14/2018 at 5:01 PM, BigJay said:

My favorite Jason to play has to be Uber Jason. I love his strengths and his weaknesses are not that crippling. Pre-Uber Jason is pretty decent. I like to play him once in a while. I love the Reboot Jason's sprinting strength but I hate that he has a morph weakness. The FvJ Jason has to be the worst Jason in the game. Worse than Part 7 Jason before the big update. The Part 5 hallucination Jason is average but I seldomly find myself playing as him. 

You must be playing the Earth-35 multiverse version.

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, dandop1984 said:

Part 4 Jason is my pick.

I find his early game aggressive style can do well at disrupting good counselors early game set ups.

The trick with part 4 and any -trap Jason is to have good map awareness, and never tunnel a counselor longer than a morph regens.

His weapon strength is great against group attacks, and know how to bait counselors to go for a swing only to counter it. 

Another reason why I pick part 4 over more so called balanced Jason’s like part 3 or Part 8 is he has normal Stalk, and can run. 

Now that's a solid validation.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, dandop1984 said:

Part 4 Jason is my pick.

I rarely see Part 4 Jason nowadays. I used to main him when he was first released but I went back to Part 3.

I just can’t get the hang of him...if I wanted destruction and stalk then I’d play Part 8. Part 8 also has a good shift and water speed so the boat is easy pickings.

You have to get kills early with Part 4 because once the objectives start going you are screwed.

I’ve player against some really good Part 4 Jason players however

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I rarely see Part 4 Jason nowadays. I used to main him when he was first released but I went back to Part 3.

I just can’t get the hang of him...if I wanted destruction and stalk then I’d play Part 8. Part 8 also has a good shift and water speed so the boat is easy pickings.

You have to get kills early with Part 4 because once the objectives start going you are screwed.

Wait really? I play Part 4 when I wanna piss people off which is nearly every 2 days lol.

I'm generally a Part 9 with Machete user, started off using him because nobody else seemed to, now i quite like him. I'll generally switch to Part 3 or Part 5 if i get the chance though

10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Wait really? I play Part 4 when I wanna piss people off which is nearly every 2 days lol.

The main Jason is Part 3. I see all the other Jasons pretty frequently, but Part 4 and Part 9 I don’t see a lot. 

Now late last year you saw NOTHING but Part 4 and Part 8...now I don’t see those Jasons as often. Ever since the Part 7 buff I tend to see him pop up a lot as well. 

10 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

The main Jason is Part 3. I see all the other Jasons pretty frequently, but Part 4 and Part 9 I don’t see a lot. 

Now late last year you saw NOTHING but Part 4 and Part 8...now I don’t see those Jasons as often. Ever since the Part 7 buff I tend to see him pop up a lot as well. 

Part 7 is GOAT.

On 9/23/2018 at 11:20 AM, JennyMyers1984 said:

I see lots of part 4s. At least 1 or 2 in every lobby. I’m on ps4.

Getting early kills with part 4 helps, and he’s probably the best spawn killing Jason in the game. I find when I play part 4 the objectives rarely get started, cause I’m efficient at killing, and disrupting counselors. Part 4 running and destruction combo suits my playstyle, as I spend every chance I can destroying doors, but never lose sight of the objectives or counselors.

3 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I see lots of part 4s. At least 1 or 2 in every lobby. I’m on ps4.

Getting early kills with part 4 helps, and he’s probably the best spawn killing Jason in the game. I find when I play part 4 the objectives rarely get started, cause I’m efficient at killing, and disrupting counselors. Part 4 running and destruction combo suits my playstyle, as I spend every chance I can destroying doors, but never lose sight of the objectives or counselors.

If Part4 didn't have the crippling -trap and -shift, no question he would be the best Jason in the game, I'd say even over Savini thanks for the utility of "can run".

On 9/24/2018 at 9:51 PM, GeneiJin said:

If Part4 didn't have the crippling -trap and -shift, no question he would be the best Jason in the game, I'd say even over Savini thanks for the utility of "can run".

Agreed. Part 4 has arguably the best strengths, but they are unfortunately crippled with the two worst weaknesses. 

If you are against counselors who choose flight over flight (for example, Vanessas who tank traps and then run to safety to waste both your trap and your morph) you will have a lot harder of a time, even when going for a spawn kill, since she can create a lot of distance before Jason can get Shift.

If you are against mostly repair counselors, or counselors who prefer combat, that is where Part 4 has a bigger advantage, granted you are well versed in countering conselor combat as Jason.

I still rank him above Part 7, because of how slow Part 7 is without rage. Yes Part 7 has normal shift now, but every other walking Jason has +Shift or +Destruction (or both in Savini's case) to compensate for only being able to walk. Part 7 having to walk with no shift bonus and taking 6 hits to mow down barricaded doors makes him weak against looping. Part 2 is probably the next easiest to loop, but has great map control to compensate.

If I had to update my tier list on Jasons I'd probably say...

Good: Savini > J3 > J5 >J8 (8 is super overatted IMO)

Decent: J6 > J9 (-Morph isn't horrible when you use your +Shift to traverse the map and save your morphs)

Weak: J2 > J4 > J7

At the end of the day, the bottom 3 are very easy to loop, and while killsquads are trouble for J9, the same can be said for any of the other Jason if the kill squad knows what they are doing. After the well balanced Jasons comes Jasons with clear weaknesses, which I then base off of who deals with looping best while maintaining some kind of decent balance between their strengths and weaknesses. 

To end the summary, the gap between Savini and J7 isn't even a huge one, and all Jasons are viable. The balance in counselor is where things are way different.

Alot of it depends on your play style really. I actually would put J7 in the mid tier. The minus traps sucks but can be overcome. 

My list won't include Savini as I don't have him so I have no experience playing him.

1) J3. His lack of meaningful weaknesses and solid strengths make him the best to me.

2) J8. Same reason as J3. J3 edges him out due to running and weapon strength. 

3) J7. He tops the mid tier to me. His only real weakness is the minus traps.

4) J5. He'd rank higher but the ease with which he loses his mask can be crippling. 

5) J9.His plus shift/stalk is a really nice combo and alot of fun. His minus traps and lower HP is why he lands at number 5.

6) J6. Top of the low tier his plus shift while nice can't make up for the lower HP and minus morph to me.

7) J4. As has been said already. If the counselors want to fight he's a beast and probably the best. If they want to run and push objectives you're in trouble. His low trap count with minus shift is just too devastating to rank him higher.

😎 Lastly poor J2. He used to be my favorite. I loved his plus morph/trap combo. Unfortunately minus along with lower HP hurt him so badly. He has nothing to help him combat multiple counselors. He's the king of map control but once he finds a counselor he'll have trouble finishing them.

Part 9, Savini, Part 5. In that order. The rest I barely use. I used to main Part 8 as well, but I got sick of him. Now it's Part 9 with the machete, Savini with the pig splitter, and Part 5 with the battle axe. Part 9 is definetely my favorite, that +shift is lovely.

Here's my Jason tierlist assuming everyone is doing their best. I never played as Savini so I can't actually Rank him. The buffed Part 7 has the highest potential in a match with +Sense IMO. You never have to get Lucky as Part 7 to win. While Part 4 seems to requires the most Luck to win. 
A: Part 7
B: Part 6 Part 5 Part 8
😄 Part 3 Part 9
😧 Part 2 Part 4
N/A: Savini

It's still Part 8 for me. He's the Jason I perform the best with most of the time. However, I use every Jason to great effect most of the time. I always change it up.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Lucky.....I couldn't get Savini because kickstarter wouldn't take my card :(

Could've used a different one. If you don't have multiple credit cards, could have bought a walmart prepaid credit card and try that. There's always a way!