Alien_Number_Six

Question: Does the game still end if the host leaves with the dedicated servers?

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Because I was given a warning that if I left the game would end.

More information needed, was you Jason at the time? If yes that sounds logical

Match host left right after getting killed in a match I was in last night. The red arrow moved to my name for a few rounds until everyone eventually got put back to the main menu. 

Also noticed, every time the game ended and got sent back to main menu, about 6 of the 8 players that was in the previous session return once a session is found. I ended up playing around 10 matches last night with most of the same people. 

One player in the lobby act as host ( changing map ) but there is no host even you leave the game if you are counselor the game goes on but, if you are Jason the game stop and counselor is considered to have escaped.

5 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

One player in the lobby act as host ( changing map ) but there is no host even you leave the game if you are counselor the game goes on but, if you are Jason the game stop and counselor is considered to have escaped.

Well, that’s absolutely stupid. One of the main selling points that Ben made for choosing dedicated servers over host migration was the ability to assign a new player as Jason if the first Jason player left. Another lie for the lie pile. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

Well, that’s absolutely stupid. One of the main selling points that Ben made for choosing dedicated servers over host migration was the ability to assign a new player as Jason if the first Jason player left. Another lie for the lie pile. 

I’d be pissed if that happened. I rather that the match end, honestly. Jason rage quits because he is about to get killed so that means I have to get killed instead? I call bullshit on that. Plus, how would that even work if the Jason that quit was a Savini? I don’t own a Savini. 

Picking a new Jason would never work. If I were a counselor and got picked to be the new Jason mid-game, the first thing I’d do is remember what people were doing before I got selected and intercept them. The game ending is the best result we can expect. It’s annoying, and for the life of me, I don’t know why people don’t take 30 seconds to change their preferences, but everyone remaining gets free points, so there’s not much to complain about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

What? Do you actually expect that one of the remaining  counselors in the running match becomes Jason? Seriously? How should that even work?

Ofc the match will end once Jason leaves. It´s called a win for the counselors including XP.

Got any source to back up your claim? Probably not.

Why would the promise something like that?. PC has dedicated servers since release and the match ends when jason leaves since then. So not really a surprise...

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

Here ya go, buddy. I'm hoping you have the ability to find it in this big scary-looking block of text.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9937-dedicated-servers-update-and-why-host-migration-wont-happen/

i remember them talking about this and i thought it was an interesting idea at the time but i think ending the game is the better play.

yeah, it's kind of annoying when you've got the sweater, a knife, crackers, a spray and the cops are on their way when jason bails, but at least you get the xp. people would whine constantly if they suddenly became jason... and it would probably end up being a shit show anyway. if the jason quit, he probably sucked so the new player is going to get thrown in to a fucking mess which is even more reason for people to complain. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

I know what can i say.

On 9/13/2018 at 1:32 PM, matisangry said:

i remember them talking about this and i thought it was an interesting idea at the time but i think ending the game is the better play.

yeah, it's kind of annoying when you've got the sweater, a knife, crackers, a spray and the cops are on their way when jason bails, but at least you get the xp. people would whine constantly if they suddenly became jason... and it would probably end up being a shit show anyway. if the jason quit, he probably sucked so the new player is going to get thrown in to a fucking mess which is even more reason for people to complain. 

Well, it doesn’t make a difference to me whether or not the game swaps Jason players because I stopped playing a long time ago. It’s just the principle of the devs making yet another false promise. I shouldn’t be surprised, though.

In that same post, another reason they give for going with dedicated servers over host migration is the fact that host migration would take too long; around six months versus one or two for dedicated servers. 

Buuuuut here we are well over a year after that post was made and dedicated servers were just put out. Dedicated servers that aren’t working right in many accounts, mind you. I mean, they’ve been working on dedicated servers for about a year and a half, you’d think they would run flawlessly after that. Not Gun or Illfonic, though! They have a tradition to keep!

Sorry, that’s the end of my 133rd rant about this game. 

It would've been a 'shit' promise to keep, they probably came to that conclusion down the road. It is correct that the game ends when jason leaves. 

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

It would've been a 'shit' promise to keep, they probably came to that conclusion down the road. It is correct that the game ends when jason leaves. 

Yeah, this is definitely one promise that I’m glad they backtracked on. Nobody wants to clean up a rage quitter’s mess. Well, except for TestedTwice, apparently. He’d be the one lone player out of thousands that would love that shit show. 

On 9/13/2018 at 12:25 PM, TestedTwice said:

Here ya go, buddy. I'm hoping you have the ability to find it in this big scary-looking block of text.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9937-dedicated-servers-update-and-why-host-migration-wont-happen/

That was actually a little bit challening. Had to highlight the post, who in his right mind posts darkgrey font on a lightgrey background? :P

Anyways: "With dedicated servers we can swap Jason with host migration we can´t"

We can. Wich means it is possible. Not that it is going to happen. That would sound something like this "Wich dedicated servers, a remaining player will become Jason if the original Jason player leaves during a match" Welcome to the world of Gun Media where every hope is false hope.

Also why do it different to the PC where we had no Jason swap with dedicated servers from release on? That would be a bit weird tbh.

On 9/12/2018 at 7:10 AM, kohagan said:

People leave and its not ended the game. There is no host with dedicated servers. 

Actually, there kind of is. Notice the red arrow on one person's gamertag in the lobby. They can select the maps and such. If they leave, that is why it backs out after the game to switch hosts unless they quit during match. That is why when searching for a game, you get in a lobby with most of the same people.

14 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Actually, there kind of is. Notice the red arrow on one person's gamertag in the lobby. They can select the maps and such. If they leave, that is why it backs out after the game to switch hosts unless they quit during match. That is why when searching for a game, you get in a lobby with most of the same people.

Yeah, I didn't really take that into account the first time i played when dedicated dropped. Thanks for clearing that up. 

• Thanks 1

Had the host quit as soon as I grabbed him with Jason last night.     Game didn't end.

It was an amazing moment...lol   (It was the moment of truth)

I then kicked the dead hosts body around, took some screen shots, and PM'd it to the lvl 150 host that couldn't take a death.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Had the host quit as soon as I grabbed him with Jason last night.     Game didn't end.

It was an amazing moment...lol   (It was the moment of truth)

I then kicked the dead hosts body around, took some screen shots, and PM'd it to the lvl 150 host that couldn't take a death.  

???

On 9/13/2018 at 1:50 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

Plus, how would that even work if the Jason that quit was a Savini? I don’t own a Savini. 

Simple, they just have to give everyone Savini Jason. ?

I am am just kidding by the way..