Sign in to follow this  
Dolemite

Mother's Laugh Is Now Missing

Pam doesn't laugh anymore when you finish the match. As far as I know this is on consoles and PC. It sucks.

It seems what you guys were trying to do, if I'm not mistaken (and I could be!), was add some L/R channel action with her voice when the match ends, and in the process you managed to eliminate Pam's laugh. Again, "fixing" something that didn't need it, ala the grab "upgrade" that no one seems to like.

It bums me that Pam's laugh is gone, as it was way creepy. Please fix it ASAP.

P.S. Please buff Jason, kthx.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

P.S. Please buff Jason, kthx.

Yeah, i cant believe how many Jason deaths I have seen this week(I got lucky to escape one by bad sweater user close to a rock). Still not sure if its just player skill or balance though. I got killed by Jason quick a few too..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Pam doesn't laugh anymore when you finish the match. As far as I know this is on consoles and PC. It sucks.

Mrs. V has stopped laughing because of everything going on with this game. Also, she doesn't find her son getting smacked around like a pinata funny.

All joking aside, I'm hoping the development team will get this fixed at some point.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah, i cant believe how many Jason deaths I have seen this week(I got lucky to escape one by bad sweater user close to a rock). Still not sure if its just player skill or balance though. I got killed by Jason quick a few too..

It’s not player skill, I hate to break for those who think itsJason got weaker yet again with this patch, stuns happen even more now(didn’t think it was possible) and now you are hitting the floor(instead of standing) 9 times out of 10, a chain stunning is even more easy now , knives are spawning houses right next to each other(I had 2 knives in under 1 minute multiple games, although I can confirm there are still 4 in the game, stil to many IMO bbut that is the only thing that is the same as it was at launch, cars  are being repaired much faster(30 seconds is some cases and it happened at least 4 times) as the gas and battery are also spawning in houses across from each other, I know this as I  am putting the cars together myself , because most of the time people just beat on Jason the whole game,   Until he gets killed, which for me is so easy it’s got boring , this is just a short list of what I’ve noticed. 

Devs aren’t going to to do anything but cater to the majority of people who still play this game which are Jason hunters, the game geeks who love to troll and dance around Jason , and let’s not forget the 8 year old kids, so sad what  gun and illfonic did to one of the most iconic killers in movie history.... SHAME ON YOU!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

tumblr_op88tcWGgJ1v4nzkvo1_400.gif

So glad I uninstalled. I feel bad for those who still have hope.

Why are you still on the forums if you don't like the game then?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I suppose its the cliche train wreck syndrome where you should look away, but you can't help but watch.

I'm around a lot less than usual and did once enjoy the game. I used to cling to hope that this game would be stabilized and working at the very least, lawsuit stuff aside even when people were clamoring for the existing mode to have additions to it, when the only addition they added was the body blocker mechanic and the item UI locator for counselor.

Yet there have been things that have gone on for over a year now that lead the evidence to one conclusion...not happening.

The 3 things you need to make any game work.

1. First...it should actually be stable and work with very little in the way of crashing

2. Next...it should be mostly bug free. Sure some bugs will always pop up from time to time, but gamebreaking bugs should be thoroughly fixed and fixed quickly...not over 6-8 months with no results in sight or results ending up being the playerbase left with even more bugs.

3. Third...in any PVP affair, the balance argument always has its merits, yet here where its 7vs1, the skill should be placed in the hands of the Counselor. Meaning Jason should be easier to use for anyone, since you know...he's the killer, the one experienced in you know...killing off people constantly. However its clear the devs either went for the 'balanced' approach like this were 7vs7 instead of 7vs1 or just went straight Counselor should be easier. Meaning Jason should be more skillful to not only kill the counselors, but freaking save himself from being killed by armies of counselors looking to kill him, stun him into oblivion. I realize playing Counselor can be a joyless experience if the Jason player is actually good or Jason tunnels you. However against even a decent pair of counselors. Jason has very little chance. Against 7 decent counselors, he has no chance and is not fun to play regardless of a top tier Jason or a weaker, challenging one. Shouldn't be that way and they've never really addressed it other than a phantom 'speed' increase for Jason, a couple more knives and a new grab that's made his grab much more vulnerable to be stunned. I mean composure doesn't even matter as a a weaker stat, so why play as any counselor not named Chad, Vanessa, etc when you can simply out move the killer at close or far range with no real downside? Especially when a pop from a weapon refills stamina? Tripping doesn't even matter as a real offset. Now if they fell to the ground...now we're talking but nah...too op for Jason if they could fall to the ground occasionally.

Rather than...

- Adding invincible frames for Jason after stun

- Decreasing his stun time per time he's stunned

- Making him much harder to stun when demasked as a buff, instead of just the recharge on ability/door wipe that leads to stuns

- Making his melee have...

1. Longer range

2. Wider hit cone

3. Knock counselors back or do SOMETHING to them so they can't just swing through his swings...like it does now

Nope none of the above stuff happened over the course of a year.

I mean salute to those who still enjoy this experience a year after. To me its not. The only way I'd come back is if the general consensus is the game has improved, stabilized, etc. Yet from what we've gotten from the powers that be. This game is more or less hampered by both the lawsuit (can't add a rock or a tree, but a boat sound is legit) and by Illfonic's inability to fix the game without making more issues pop up.

I mean no offense to you obviously. I have no personal issue with the devs. I've just decided im done until proven otherwise and I have a feeling unless im just in the mood for nostalgia sake. I won't be reinstalling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Kinda like a guy that makes fun of his pos car. Don't have another replacement and still love it deep down.. ?

Tyrant666 your post is spot on, and I’m glad you also noticed the “speed increase “ or lack of LOL! , I still play the game, I am a HUGE fan of Friday the 13th movies(I’m a F13 nut, have all the box sets, toys, shirts, masks etc)  this was the game I always wanted and at launch WAS the game I always wanted, all the nerfs done to Jason is just disgraceful, I am a very good Jason and will wipe the lobby out 8 times out of 10, but I go into it knowing that I’m going to get put on my ass , stunned, beat on for half the match. It takes the enjoyment out of being Jason , being Jason is a chore and to kill the whole lobby you have to sacrifice most of the good kill animations and go for the quick kill , I can’t say how many times I’ve had to quickly punch somebody head off because if I didn’t  I would get stunned and drop the person I grabbed. Being a counselor is just to easy, I don’t even run perks or hit Jason anymore to try and make it more enjoyable, while  the self proclaimed pros of this game, brag about how much skill they have(this game takes zero skill as a counselor)but run characters such as Vanessa , with all epic or legendary perks, seems everyone runs medsprays, sucker punch, thick skin, because they have “so much skill” LOL! 

We all know that they aren’t going to work on game mechanics for this game at this point, so why not give the players the option of playing a hard level, all they would have to do is let Jason start with all his powers, in no way would that be new content, maybe have 3 levels, normal, hard and very hard where Jason has all abilities at all times, I’ve played against cheaters who already hacked the game to have all powers at all times, this is something that could be easily done, but again , they won’t do It because it makes to much sense.

• Like 3

I have actually noticed Jason stunning less post update. Of course that's just what's happened to me so it could just be a run of bad luck.

13 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I have actually noticed Jason stunning less post update. Of course that's just what's happened to me so it could just be a run of bad luck.

No I noticed the same first couple of games after patch. Wrench/bat/pipe were usually guaranteed stuns. Ive had a couple times now where it took 3 hits to stun, unless i was lagging and didn't see a block... Then again as Jason ive been hit with a pot or pan and gotten stunned first time. luck of the draw.. lol

3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

No I noticed the same first couple of games after patch. Wrench/bat/pipe were usually guaranteed stuns. Ive had a couple times now where it took 3 hits to stun, unless i was lagging and didn't see a block... Then again as Jason ive been hit with a pot or pan and gotten stunned first time. luck of the draw.. lol

Well at least it's not just me lol.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

With the engine update back in May came nerfs to many weapons, namely the durability of wrenches.  While still good,  bats has received a reduction in stun chances, still reliable for the most part, but will fail you at times when before it didn't.  Pan's have very good stun now, but will break in 1-2 swings.   I may be wrong, but I don't think there were any additional changes to weapons since then.

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

With the engine update back in May came nerfs to many weapons, namely the durability of wrenches.  While still good,  bats has received a reduction in stun chances, still reliable for the most part, but will fail you at times when before it didn't.  Pan's have very good stun now, but will break in 1-2 swings.   I may be wrong, but I don't think there were any additional changes to weapons since then.

It's entirely possible it's just been a run of bad luck. Usually though a bat with sucker punch was a guaranteed stun.

7 hours ago, TooLate1957 said:

Is the outro now playing just Pamela talking without laughing or is there just no Pamela voice at all? 

She still talks but no laugh. I'm assuming this is a ps4 glitch because PC users haven't complained about this. I give the devs props for finally giving us dedicated servers but they really need to stop adding new glitches with each update. This should be a hot fix hopefully we don't have to wait 2 months from now to get a new update.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

She still talks but no laugh. I'm assuming this is a ps4 glitch because PC users haven't complained about this. I give the devs props for finally giving us dedicated servers but they really need to stop adding new glitches with each update. This should be a hot fix hopefully we don't have to wait 2 months from now to get a new update.

Glitches make the community alive.

Those are bugs I can live with, also I’m seeing allot of multi mixed  Jason skins in the walk off screen, again I can deal, it doesn’t affect the game.