PlayerAgainstTheMachine

That moment when even the servers doesn't work.

So we got an update today and the update came with dedicated servers. Yay finally, well seems like even the servers doesn't work properly in this game. When you search for a quick play match the game starts searching but then it keeps looking for session. You gotta A: Wait like 20 minutes if you got luck or B: Cancel the search and see that it keeps cancelling and restart the game and see if you got luck now.

This is ridiculous, I've restarted like 10 times the game to see if I can finally play a match and the game just refuses. And please don't say "itz cuz ppl dnt instaled te update llet so itz ard to find a match" C'mon, I can't even cancel the search or something, besides the game puts me on the US servers (I saw it because I could play only 1 match today because of this shit) so it shouldn't have any problem to find matches. And when I try to join a friend match the game throws me a bypass error. Great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't had any issues other then the cancel session search problem. Are you outside the U.S.? If so that might be part of the problem. They said it would take a while to roll out to all territories. 

1 minute ago, JasonLives86 said:

Yes, I've heard other people have this issue too. I'm just going to wait until it hopefully sorts itself out before I play.

I'd give it a couple of days. I guess it's back to the new Spider-Man game in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I haven't had any issues other then the cancel session search problem. Are you outside the U.S.? If so that might be part of the problem. They said it would take a while to roll out to all territories. 

Actually yes. But even out of the U.S the game shouldn't have problems since it connect me to the U.S servers. Besides the cancelling loop it's a bug and it have nothing to do with the region where you play.

Yes I know the canceling is a bug. I'm saying that if you're region is outside the US that might be why it's having trouble connecting you.

52 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Yes I know the canceling is a bug. I'm saying that if you're region is outside the US that might be why it's having trouble connecting you.

Precisely. I mean, they did warn people that the update isn’t going to work automatically on a global level. Folks are either being too impatient or not reading closely enough, or both. At least wait until tomorrow before bitching about it. 

• Haha 1

Yes, it's possible that something went screwy when the update came down. Just as it's possible that there have been kinks during the roll out of the servers. The point is we don't know. I'm not saying because it's working for me that nothing is wrong. I'm simply pointing out they explicitly said the roll out would take time, and your region just might not be running properly yet. You're correct it could be a fault in the programming. Given Illfonic's track record I'd even say that could be likely. But we don't know yet. Save the outrage for when we know it's warranted. 

• Like 1

I played for hours today and only once came into contact with the endless match finding and endless canceling bug once. I just restarted the game and it works. It’s an easy fix for a minor inconvenience. 

The dedicated servers are new and the update is barely a day old so of course it’s gonna have its kinks and bugs. It happens. Good luck trying to find a match ?. It’s annoying but I’m still happy with the update :) 

I actually was expecting this. I was expecting the servers to not work from the beginning and also members of this forum trying to justify the umpteenth issue after an update

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Works for me from my games this morning. I was in in US server but the game really did run better despite that. Quite surprised and happy it finally happened. 

The servers work fine for me, but I’m curious as to balance changes they might have made. In the last 3 games straight, my bat didn’t stun Jason at all.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JackTV said:

The servers work fine for me, but I’m curious as to balance changes they might have made. In the last 3 games straight, my bat didn’t stun Jason at all.

I noticed that as well. There seems to be a drop in the stun chance from weapons.

There was no point to decrease stun chance. Without sucker punch it's useless to even lose time to get a weapon.
Nobody was hurted by the stun chance as it was before. Our gameplay were perfect from that point of view. But there is no point to complain anymore....

I’m all for Jason getting a buff, personally. It doesn’t bother me, I was just caught off-guard that it did it three games in a row. 

9 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I’m all for Jason getting a buff, personally. It doesn’t bother me, I was just caught off-guard that it did it three games in a row. 

While I'm not sure it's a good change. If indeed there was a change and it's not just some funky RNG. They could at least mention it. As you pointed out it sucks when you should have got a stun and die instead. 

The servers, like everything Illfonic touches, is inconsistent. Sometimes it never finds a lobby and you’ll be in a “checking sessions for room” loop that will cause you to have to restart the game, even if you cancel. If you don’t find a lobby within a minute, close and restart. I quickly found that you’ll likely find a lobby within 30 seconds or never 

I’m proud to report I haven’t had any issues,  not often I can say anything positive about this game... due to Jason being a joke along with all the trolls 

To everyone experiencing the issue here's a work around:

The canceling stuff does work if you cancel when the system is still looking for dedicated servers. It starts looking for space in sessions at 25 seconds. So you can wait for 23-24 seconds cancel and start again. I found a lobby at my 3rd attempt. 

EDIT: Nevermind, now it starts looking for space in the session even earlier. Lol from bad to worse

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So we got an update today and the update came with dedicated servers. Yay finally, well seems like even the servers doesn't work properly in this game. When you search for a quick play match the game starts searching but then it keeps looking for session. You gotta A: Wait like 20 minutes if you got luck or B: Cancel the search and see that it keeps cancelling and restart the game and see if you got luck now.

This is ridiculous, I've restarted like 10 times the game to see if I can finally play a match and the game just refuses. And please don't say "itz cuz ppl dnt instaled te update llet so itz ard to find a match" C'mon, I can't even cancel the search or something, besides the game puts me on the US servers (I saw it because I could play only 1 match today because of this shit) so it shouldn't have any problem to find matches. And when I try to join a friend match the game throws me a bypass error. Great.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME.

One match in two hours. It is really bad, just unplayable.

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

The servers, like everything Illfonic touches, is inconsistent. Sometimes it never finds a lobby and you’ll be in a “checking sessions for room” loop that will cause you to have to restart the game, even if you cancel. If you don’t find a lobby within a minute, close and restart. I quickly found that you’ll likely find a lobby within 30 seconds or never 

So is happening to you too? Wow....... I wonder if they are aware of this.

26 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So is happening to you too? Wow....... I wonder if they are aware of this.

I'm pretty sure they are aware of what's going on. It is gonna take a little time to get it working as intended.