[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes [PS4/XB1] (DEDICATED SERVERS) - 09.10.2018

45 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I was just kicked for being idle for more than 120 seconds with no warning. I was trying out new emotes and clicking my flashlight to make sure I wasn’t considered idle yet still got kicked with no 60 second or 30 second warning. Trash. 

There’s a warning, never seen it lol.

10 hours ago, Kevinheaven15 said:

I 100% I’ve been playing this game since day 1 and it’s gotten so ridiculously hard to escape, it’s nesrly impossible unless whoever is playing Jason sucks at the game. They need to add more pockets knives and medical sprays it’s not even as fun playing as it was before. And the boat situation is ridiculous. 

Is this a joke post....?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I was just kicked for being idle for more than 120 seconds with no warning. I was trying out new emotes and clicking my flashlight to make sure I wasn’t considered idle yet still got kicked with no 60 second or 30 second warning. Trash. 

I’ve had that happen to me when I was stuck in the car and couldn’t get out of it because the driver potatoed the car and I was stuck in the passenger seat.

Don’t know why everybody is having these horror stories, I tried out the servers last night and they are running smoothly. No bad pings or host disconnects. The only annoying thing is sometimes it will kick you to the loading screen and search for a new lobby. Won’t do it between EVER match though.

10 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Uh, no. It SHOULD be hard to escape. It wouldn’t be much of a challenge if it wasn’t. NO more sprays. NO more knives. People need to stop using them as a crutch for their shitty gameplay. I like finding them but as it is I always find two sprays in Higgins main house alone with sometimes a third in one of the drawers. Just one example.  It’s ridiculous. I’m sick of people thinking they’re god’s gift to the game because they got out of my grab twice due to having a second knife. If they were really as good as they think they are they wouldn’t have even been grabbed the first time. Escaping isn’t impossible even against Jasons that don’t “suck”.  I’ve done it plenty of times. I’ve been killed plenty, too, but that’s the name of the game!

You’d be an idiot as a counselor to not take a spray or knife when you find it, crutch or not. Sometimes you HAVE to rely on crutches in an asymmetrical game. It is asymmetrical so of course the “weaker side” is going to have a bit of crutches to help them through the game, that’s the point. 

I can survive bare bones if need be, I’ve done it before I can do it again against ANY Jason if I try hard enough because I’m confident in my abilities as a counselor. Just helps when you have a spray and a knife.

You won’t break free of a grab UNLESS you put yourself in a spot where Jason cannot find a kill or you get lucky because you are a high composure/strength counselor like Tommy, Jenny, or Adam. Some counselors NEED knives if they get grabbed like Chad, Tiffany, and Vanessa because they aren’t breaking free anytime soon unless Jason screws around with them.

Live or die...doesn’t effect me, it’s just a game. I play to have fun.

• Like 1

Just now, JennyMyers1984 said:

You’d be an idiot as a counselor to not take a spray or knife when you find it, crutch or not. Sometimes you HAVE to rely on crutches in an asymmetrical game. It is asymmetrical so of course the “weaker side” is going to have a bit of crutches to help them through the game, that’s the point. 

I can survive bare bones if need be, I’ve done it before I can do it again against ANY Jason if I try hard enough because I’m confident in my abilities as a counselor. Just helps when you have a spray and a knife.

You won’t break free of a grab UNLESS you put yourself in a spot where Jason cannot find a kill or you get lucky because you are a high composure/strength counselor like Tommy, Jenny, or Adam. Some counselors NEED knives if they get grabbed like Chad, Tiffany, and Vanessa because they aren’t breaking free anytime soon unless Jason screws around with them.

Live or die...doesn’t effect me, it’s just a game. I play to have fun.

You missed my point. The answer isn’t adding more sprays and knives if you’re having a hard time. The answer is to practice more and get better. There is already more than enough items on hand to get the job done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You missed my point. The answer isn’t adding more sprays and knives if you’re having a hard time. The answer is to practice more and get better. There is already more than enough items on hand to get the job done. 

When did I say to add more sprays or knives? Oh that’s right, I never did. What I said was the reason why what you call “crutches” are in an asymmetrical game. The weaker side sometimes needs the crutches to get throught the game. Doesn’t make them garbage:

As I said, you can survive bare bones against ANY Jason...doesn’t matter gow good they are. Give them the run around and force them to chase another counselor or they’ll get objectives done.

9 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

When did I say to add more sprays or knives? Oh that’s right, I never did. 

That’s right, because the post that you quoted from me was in response to somebody other than you, who DID say to add more sprays and knives. As I said, you missed my point. 

There are three outcomes once a match ends, regardless of Jason quitting:

The match ends normally and returns to the lobby

The match ends and returns to the main menu, finding a new lobby immediately 

The match ends and returns to the main menu, indefinitely “checking sessions for room” until you restart the game

13 hours ago, Kevinheaven15 said:

I 100% I’ve been playing this game since day 1 and it’s gotten so ridiculously hard to escape, it’s nesrly impossible unless whoever is playing Jason sucks at the game. They need to add more pockets knives and medical sprays it’s not even as fun playing as it was before. And the boat situation is ridiculous. 

Welcome to the forums.

"Nearly impossible" means there is still a chance. Counselors and Jason players alike get better over time. It sounds like you've run into some really good Jason players lately. Consider changing your tactics in the game, and you'll be less likely to get killed as much.

The thing is, if you face off against a really good Jason, all the pocketknives and sprays in the world won't make a difference, because if he wants to kill you, he'll find a way. On the counselor side, if they wanna survive, they'll find a way.

• Like 1

I don't know. As counselor, I survive or escape just about every other game or so. I make some pretty rash choices a lot of the time too, like going after a propeller repair on the boat with low repair skill counselors. Adding sprays? I've had times where I had three at a time and dropped some for repair parts. Personally, I think Ol' Jason needs his grab fixed, doors need to actually break when he smashes through them, and he should be able to smash windows as counselors are going through them. He was hobbled a bit in the last patch or two. No. No more sprays. I would say just practice a bit more.

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

That’s right, because the post that you quoted from me was in response to somebody other than you, who DID say to add more sprays and knives. As I said, you missed my point. 

Well then explain to me your point? Because what you said was “Escaping isn’t impossible” and than “you don’t need spray and knives to escape” which is true to some degree. Just SOMETIMES people need those crutches to survive in an asymmetrical game.

Of course there doesn’t need to be anymore knives and especially sprays. Since I usually run the medic perk I’ve found upwards to 10 stacked sprays (so I found five sprays). I don’t ever need more than the two normally if I need it at all. I usually keep them for my teammates if they need to be healed. Knives on the other hand don’t need to be buffed either. I remember last year when there was TONS of knives I found SIX in one match by myself.

To counter your “point” however...no you don’t need any items in your inventory to survive and practice does make the match go better for yourself but items help A LOT and don’t need a nerf or a buff.

13 minutes ago, FaultierAura said:

It would be awesome news if I could play with my UK friend..

Why wouldn’t you? I mean if u all get into a party and search you will all get into the same lobby

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Well then explain to me your point? Because what you said was “Escaping isn’t impossible” and than “you don’t need spray and knives to escape” which is true to some degree. Just SOMETIMES people need those crutches to survive in an asymmetrical game.

Of course there doesn’t need to be anymore knives and especially sprays. Since I usually run the medic perk I’ve found upwards to 10 stacked sprays (so I found five sprays). I don’t ever need more than the two normally if I need it at all. I usually keep them for my teammates if they need to be healed. Knives on the other hand don’t need to be buffed either. I remember last year when there was TONS of knives I found SIX in one match by myself.

To counter your “point” however...no you don’t need any items in your inventory to survive and practice does make the match go better for yourself but items help A LOT and don’t need a nerf or a buff.

Sigh. As I said, you missed my point, and since you seem to lack reading comprehension I won’t bother explaining my point a third time. My initial post was tailored for the person I responded to, but you are bound and determined to argue with me over something I never said so... whatever. We’re done.  I have better things to do. 

13 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Sigh. As I said, you missed my point, and since you seem to lack reading comprehension I won’t bother explaining my point a third time. My initial post was tailored for the person I responded to, but you are bound and determined to argue with me over something I never said so... whatever. We’re done.  I have better things to do. 

It’s open discussion...anybody can respond doesn’t matter who it was tailored for when anybody can quote you and add on.

I was only adding to the discussion. I wasn’t ARGUING against you but only adding to what you had to say if you knew how to actually read was I was saying. 

Glad to know you have a fiesty nature, I’m the same way too so please try again with the snarky comments.

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

what you said was “you don’t need spray and knives to escape”

I never said that. NEVER. 

23 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

. I wasn’t ARGUING against you .

Yes. Yes you were. 

I don’t mind people adding to the conversation, only when they take my words out of context and accuse me of saying things that I never said.

29 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I never said that. NEVER. 

Yes. Yes you were. 

I don’t mind people adding to the conversation, only when they take my words out of context and accuse me of saying things that I never said.

“Uh, no. It SHOULD be hard to escape. It wouldn’t be much of a challenge if it wasn’t. NO more sprays. NO more knives. People need to stop using them as a crutch for their shitty gameplay. I like finding them”

Taken directly from what you said. I added on by say that sometimes people need the crutches to survive in an ASYMMETRICAL game, so the weaker side needs crutches sometimes. That’s all I said

3 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

“Uh, no. It SHOULD be hard to escape. It wouldn’t be much of a challenge if it wasn’t. NO more sprays. NO more knives. People need to stop using them as a crutch for their shitty gameplay. I like finding them”

Taken directly from what you said. I added on by say that sometimes people need the crutches to survive in an ASYMMETRICAL game, so the weaker side needs crutches sometimes. That’s all I said

As i said, you’re taking my words out of context because you’re blatantly disregarding what the original poster had to say. I never said get rid of all sprays and knives. I said no to devs adding MORE of them. I shouldn’t even had to explain this to you. The original poster seems to have gotten it. 

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

It’s open discussion...anybody can respond doesn’t matter who it was tailored for when anybody can quote you and add on.

Jenny ?

Thicc ^^

8 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

As i said, you’re taking my words out of context because you’re blatantly disregarding what the original poster had to say. I never said get rid of all sprays and knives. I said no to devs adding MORE of them. I shouldn’t even had to explain this to you. The original poster seems to have gotten it. 

The only thing I agree with what the original poster said was about the boat situation. Jason shouldn’t be able to hear the boat start.

I DID say earlier that I don’t believe more knives and spray should be added...just the fact that you called them a crutch when everybody uses them. 

Whatever...may have been a misunderstanding between us. Sorry about it

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Was just Jason in a match, boat escaped with no sound whatsoever. 

Had the same thing happened on my last Jason match

ps4

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Was just Jason in a match, boat escaped with no sound whatsoever. 

That’s strange. I killed one easy because the boat made a start up sound. Which is as I expected, that the boat is a death trap now. I’m hoping that they rethink this and revert it in the next update. If there is one. 

On 9/10/2018 at 10:08 AM, The Milwauking Dead said:

And the notes say he can “hear the boat start AGAIN”..... Which he never could hear it before. Not ever.  Not since release. 

Not true.

There's an easy way to solve this dispute. Does anyone have any footage they can post from the earlier days when the boat sounds could be heard?