[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes [PS4/XB1] (DEDICATED SERVERS) - 09.10.2018

6 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I DID say earlier that I don’t believe more knives and spray should be added...just the fact that you called them a crutch when everybody uses them. 

When the game is already overloaded with sprays and knives and a person still thinks that there needs to be more on top of that, when they over rely on those items as a substitute for improving upon their actual game play... THAT is what I mean by using them as a crutch. 

Glad for Dedicated Servers, good job.

BUT:

1) Jason stops the car and i exit. And Boom, interaction lock. I had to drop down my bat, pick it up again.

2) I usually check the map when i vault a window or calling jarvis/police/opening/barricade door or whatever. I can not see the map in these cases anymore and it was convenient for me. Why you removed that option? 

3) Canceling session takes forever. I had to restart the game every time.

Please fix this issues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Xenofon1313 said:

Glad for Dedicated Servers, good job.

BUT:

1) Jason stops the car and i exit the car. And Boom, interaction lock. I had to drop down my bat, pick it up again.

2) I usually check the map when i vault a window or calling jarvis/police or whatever. I can not see the map in these cases and it was convenient for me. Why you removed that option? 

3) Cancelling session takes forever. I had to restart the game every time.

Please fix this issues.

Yep same here i used to check the map also whenever i went through a window. You also forgot Pamela's laugh is missing now. What i wanna know is this a ps4 glitch or is the same thing happening on the PC?

There is no feedback thread about this update ?

3wTc1SO.jpg

First time I've play since the update. On PS4. In France.

And I turned off the game  after taking this picture.

4 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

There is no feedback thread about this update ?

3wTc1SO.jpg

First time I've play since the update. On PS4. In France.

And I turned off the game  after taking this picture.

They added a clock feature? Man, I hope their lawyers are awake!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

When the game is already overloaded with sprays and knives and a person still thinks that there needs to be more on top of that, when they over rely on those items as a substitute for improving upon their actual game play... THAT is what I mean by using them as a crutch. 

The game is hardly overloaded with knives and sprays. There are four knives in the game. That's hardly overloaded. As for the sprays there's no exact count. At least not that I've encountered. The only problem I see with sprays is them not spawning in their proper locations. I feel like the numbers are pretty much right at the moment. 

17 hours ago, HighlifeTHC said:

Why wouldn’t you? I mean if u all get into a party and search you will all get into the same lobby

Ever since the last update, we can't. It keeps kicking him from all of my sessions.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

The game is hardly overloaded with knives and sprays. There are four knives in the game. That's hardly overloaded. As for the sprays there's no exact count. At least not that I've encountered. The only problem I see with sprays is them not spawning in their proper locations. I feel like the numbers are pretty much right at the moment. 

Last game on Crystal Lake I played. Spawned at the shooting range. Found a spray. Went to the camp site next to it. Found a spray. Continued on to the garage. Found a spray. Circled down the road to the boathouse. Found a spray in the boathouse. Later, found a spray inside the fuse house. That’s five sprays that just one person found. Bet there was at least one in the latrine, too. (And Although I didn’t find any this round, it is relatively commonplace to stumble across two knives.)

It may not be overloaded with them, but I’d say that we have more than enough. If you still don’t think so then you’re the perfect candidate for the hypochondriac perk. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FaultierAura said:

Ever since the last update, we can't. It keeps kicking him from all of my sessions.

Are u starting ur party together from the main menu looking for a lobby?

3 hours ago, SDA said:

They added a clock feature? Man, I hope their lawyers are awake!

Why would you let it go for ten minutes? Just close the game and start it again. I timed it. It takes 39.5 seconds to get to the quick play screen. 

44 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Last game on Crystal Lake I played. Spawned at the shooting range. Found a spray. Went to the camp site next to it. Found a spray. Continued on to the garage. Found a spray. Circled down the road to the boathouse. Found a spray in the boathouse. Later, found a spray inside the fuse house. That’s five sprays that just one person found. Bet there was at least one in the latrine, too. (And Although I didn’t find any this round, it is relatively commonplace to stumble across two knives.)

It may not be overloaded with them, but I’d say that we have more than enough. If you still don’t think so then you’re the perfect candidate for the hypochondriac perk. 

I said there was enough. All I said was they need to fix the spawn locations back to the bathrooms rather then s random log near nothing else.

This update kind of broke my game. I am on PS4 and after this patch I wasn’t able to join any lobbies. Quick Play didn’t find a single lobby even after 20 minutes of searching, and joining someone’s session in either my friend list or a community said something like: “Bypass failed. Server is not accepting new player Sessions.” I tried re-installing the game but this did not fix the problem. Anyone else got this same problem? Please tell me how to fix this issue if you know how!

Well, at least the game doesn't end when the nominal host leaves. But searching for game still takes a while, either long times searching for games or having to restart the game because simply cancelling a search won't work. And you get thrown out of lobby after the games randomly from time to time for no apparent reason. I haven't successfully joined a lobby in Public matches yet either. 

Not trying to bitch, just sharing my experience. 

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I said there was enough. All I said was they need to fix the spawn locations back to the bathrooms rather then s random log near nothing else.

I prefer the randomness of the spawns, but I still find sprays in bathrooms. It’s just not guaranteed except for specific bathrooms on specific maps. People should be forced to do without from time to time. It only helps their game in the long run. 

And as for what others say about long wait times, I’m not seeing it. On my end games are beginnIng faster than they ever have. 

2 hours ago, ScorpionX said:

This update kind of broke my game. I am on PS4 and after this patch I wasn’t able to join any lobbies. Quick Play didn’t find a single lobby even after 20 minutes of searching, and joining someone’s session in either my friend list or a community said something like: “Bypass failed. Server is not accepting new player Sessions.” I tried re-installing the game but this did not fix the problem. Anyone else got this same problem? Please tell me how to fix this issue if you know how!

Let me guess @ScorpionX you are in Europe right? I have the same problems. I’m in Germany. Everyone I know of with these issues is located in the EU and most likely has a NAT type 2. Shifty already mansioned the problem in this same post/thread couple pages back so the devs know about this problem already and can hopefully fix it. Like I said... same shit here dude. I couldn’t play all day yesterday and then in the evening it worked perfectly and I would find a lobby within seconds... now again I’ve been trying to find a lobby for about an hour with no success. The other problem about joining your friends I have too. It seems to work while they are in the lobby screen but not once their game is actually running. It’s so weird.

53 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I prefer the randomness of the spawns, but I still find sprays in bathrooms. It’s just not guaranteed except for specific bathrooms on specific maps. People should be forced to do without from time to time. It only helps their game in the long run. 

And as for what others say about long wait times, I’m not seeing it. On my end games are beginnIng faster than they ever have. 

I haven't seen long waits either. As for the sprays I don't think I've found any in a bathroom since they bungled it back in July.

8 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I haven't seen long waits either. As for the sprays I don't think I've found any in a bathroom since they bungled it back in July.

They’re certainly rare, but it’s still worth checking, imo. They remain common in the main house bathrooms. 

8 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Yep same here i used to check the map also whenever i went through a window. You also forgot Pamela's laugh is missing now. What i wanna know is this a ps4 glitch or is the same thing happening on the PC?

Yeah the change to the map check is really g-damn annoying. I'm on PC so I've been able to "enjoy" that new feature for a month now but you can't check maps when opening drawers or locking doors either.

4 hours ago, FaultierAura said:

Uh oh..you may have been infected with the same bug us PC users had to endure after the June 6th patch. It would only allow 2 people in a party to enter a lobby and even that wasn't 100%. Any more than that and they would be kicked. Could only run a private match if we had more than 2 players. The bug lasted for two months until the August patch fixed it. I hope to god you guys don't have to wait that long for it to fixed.

About PKs and Health Sprays: I rarely find them anymore. I left the game for a few months and I assumed they changed their spawn locations and how many spawn in the matches. PKs I’ve found maybe 5 total in over 30 matches over this past week. Usually in drawers but twice I’ve stubbled across them at a campsite way out of the way from any cabins are I was just wandering around being the last girl left. 

Health Sprays I rarely find. I’m still used to running to the Restroom Cabin on Camp Crystal or any of the indoor bathrooms in the Main Houses and finding at least two there. I’ve never once found any there and I spawn at the start of the match at these places and haven’t found anything. Maybe a map or a walkie talkie but that’s it. I don’t know how everyone else seems to find them or where they spawn now but I’ve never found one except for in an odd drawer in some corner cabin or at a campsite in the middle of nowhere. 

I’m personally fine with this as I’m usually running Tiffany and I have her set up to run circles around Jason and hide if I need to. I’m pretty good at surviving despite being gone for a few months but I think I’ve just run into some pretty novice Jason’s. I usually escape with the car, despite spilling gas everywhere at Tiffany haha. I’m fine with the number and frequency of PKs and Health Sprays in the matches I’ve played. They’re scarce but I rarely need them anyway. 

As for Jason and how he is, I’ve noticed the grab animation has changed and the lunge is longer in terms of time if you miss but I’ve never had a problem with grabbing anyone. I don’t have extend-o arms anymore which I like but it’s not too short either. It’s perfect IMO. I’ve had no trouble playing as Jason and I wouldn’t change anything about him even when I’m facing off against him. 

The only thing I would change would just be some audio bugs and delays. Footsteps, the intro Chad scream, Pamela’s laugh at the end is missing, and I’ve noticed a weird animation thing when I grab a counselor who has a PK. Normally you grab, they are lifted, they stab you with the PK, you react and flinch as they are let go and they run while you take the PK out and Pamela yells at you. Now I’ve noticed every time it’s grab, stab, run, react to getting stabbed and Pamela yells. It’s very choppy and the counselor has a few extra seconds to run away than previously. Not that it matters much to me as I’m usually back on their tail in a matter of seconds haha. Just something I noticed. 

1 hour ago, Xenofon1313 said:

I think with that patch the bouncing deaths is more exiting than ever! 

Watch this video ?

https://youtu.be/AAogQYuAUYA

Super Duper Flying Corpses have been around since launch!

i must be pretty lucky because finding games has been a breeze since the last update. I'm averaging about 40 seconds between rounds with the longest wait being just over a minute. 

it's still blowing my mind that I'm playing game after game without connection time outs or hosts quitting. 

i do agree the map checking change is a bit annoying though. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

The big bathroom on crystal lake and the upstairs on higgens will have them every once and awhile.. never in the back bathrooms in cabins still..