[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes [PS4/XB1] (DEDICATED SERVERS) - 09.10.2018

I’m digging the new update! Jason leaving and force quitting the match is just a price we have to pay. You can’t play without him. 

That being said, it’s SO NICE to see everyone with a good ping!! Thank you thank you thank you!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems like once you're in a match, friends can't join you , one of mine kept on getting this "Bypass Failed! Server is not accepting new player sessions."

And when i made a party to play with that friend , we had to wait 2 mins for nothing , closing the party will result "canceling" , which will never stop and you won't be able to fix it , to play other matches , unless you restart the game .

I have a feeling that there's more to find , and i am horrified into finding out whats next.????

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That's the problem; Jason quits = game ends.

Wow, can non-blondes have blonde moments? That should have said HOST quits, not Jason. Sorry guys, don't know what fuck I was thinking when I wrote that.

48 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

Seems like once you're in a match, friends can't join you , one of mine kept on getting this "Bypass Failed! Server is not accepting new player sessions."

And when i made a party to play with that friend , we had to wait 2 mins for nothing , closing the party will result "canceling" , which will never stop and you won't be able to fix it , to play other matches , unless you restart the game .

I have a feeling that there's more to find , and i am horrified into finding out whats next.????

Yeah I've noticed that too. You can't simply join a friend's lobby and just spectate if the match is going. I also don't think you can join on them if they're in the waiting lobby. Though I haven't tested that.

Something strange happened.

Wtf?

I'm playing f13th game on official server EU 5 minutes later then they kicked me and my friends too... Also all everyone.

Error!

You were kicked!

I just had a weird glitch happen. I’ve been playing for the past week and haven’t had this happen until now. 

I’m set to play as Tiffany in the menu screen but I spawned as Mitch. Still survived though. Just wish I was Tiffany.. like I chose . 

Played a lot of games today and didn't get any interaction lock ?.  Also didn't get the usual 200-500 ms ping spike when Jason would be near.  Wasn't able to join any matches from a PS4 community, kept getting the bypass server fail message.  Quick match connected <30 seconds multiple times.  When Jason would quit it kicked me back to the main menu but found another server <60 seconds. Didn't have any problems cancelling a search when a lobby would end & the insta-search started.  May be placebo effect from not having the interaction lock but it felt like block was working again (didn't get any stuns through blocking like I usually do), although it could've been due to the ping issues being fixed. 

Pretty happy with day one of the servers, I almost wish I could change my name on here now.  ALMOST.  

I'm enjoying the dedicated servers. I'm getting matches under 30 seconds now. There is no lagging anymore and no connection timeouts so far! The host migration is such a breath of fresh air! Finally i don't have to wonder if the game is going to end because of some sore loser rage quitter! Now that the game is a lot more stable we need new content more than ever! I just noticed they took Pamela's crazed laugh out of the game at the end of the match! Is this a glitch or intentional? I don't really care what it is i just want her laugh back in the game it added that creepy vibe at the end of matches!

13 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Are you guys ever going to address the fact Jason is terrible to play currently and his grab is absolute trash?

You fixed him and made him fun to play again previously then completely broke him again with the new engine update when you added the new grab animation.

The animation is great but the grab mechanics are back to being broken. Counselors can run circles around you to troll you because if you're on even a slight arch to Jason when he makes his lunge, he misses. It's so easy to avoid and makes Jason frustrating for even good Jason's to play.

And the boat change is absolutely mind boggling. Do you guys even play your own game? 

If Jason stops the car, you can still get out and escape. If you get grabbed as you get out, pocket knife or someone hitting him can get you free. You still have a CHANCE.

With the boat, if Jason stops the boat, you're dead. You can't use a knife or attack in the water. You can't dodge him like a shift. It's a death trap.

So the entire POINT of the boat not alerting Jason on startup was so you COULD potentially get out on it without him noticing. You guys even SAID YOURSELVES it has less parts to get to start it because it's high risk, high reward.

If Jason sees it going, you're dead. But if he doesn't, free escape. That's the definition of high risk, high reward.

Alerting Jason to the boat startup means anyone attempting the boat escape will die unless the Jason is a low water speed Jason like Savini and they suck.

You guys just completely removed a means of escape.

I don't get the logic in this at all. And then you guys get perplexed and frustrated at US when we complain about this stuff like we're the problem....

I 100% I’ve been playing this game since day 1 and it’s gotten so ridiculously hard to escape, it’s nesrly impossible unless whoever is playing Jason sucks at the game. They need to add more pockets knives and medical sprays it’s not even as fun playing as it was before. And the boat situation is ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevinheaven15 said:

I 100% I’ve been playing this game since day 1 and it’s gotten so ridiculously hard to escape, it’s nesrly impossible unless whoever is playing Jason sucks at the game. They need to add more pockets knives and medical sprays it’s not even as fun playing as it was before. And the boat situation is ridiculous. 

Uh, no. It SHOULD be hard to escape. It wouldn’t be much of a challenge if it wasn’t. NO more sprays. NO more knives. People need to stop using them as a crutch for their shitty gameplay. I like finding them but as it is I always find two sprays in Higgins main house alone with sometimes a third in one of the drawers. Just one example.  It’s ridiculous. I’m sick of people thinking they’re god’s gift to the game because they got out of my grab twice due to having a second knife. If they were really as good as they think they are they wouldn’t have even been grabbed the first time. Escaping isn’t impossible even against Jasons that don’t “suck”.  I’ve done it plenty of times. I’ve been killed plenty, too, but that’s the name of the game!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Why would you want the match to continue if Jason leaves? That’s kind of pointless isn’t it?

No actually I would like to have some driving practise so if you want to leave you can but why can't you stay and get some skills if Jason leaves?

9 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

People aren't using the right words. The issue is that when Jason quits, it’s closing the lobby, not just ending the match. Nobody is arguing for a sandbox, Jasonless match. This forces people to find another lobby and is cycling into an infinite session search with a cancel glitch that requires the game to be restarted. Leave it to trash Illfonic to make us wait for an overcooked steak with a steaming pile of shit as the side. Delicious!

I'm arguing for a sandbox but that would be new and it's all too late anyway.

11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That's the problem; Jason quits = game ends.

Yeah but that’s not shutting a long baby down that’s always been like a laughable instant win and still get xp for! It even happens on dbd 

48 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

No actually I would like to have some driving practise so if you want to leave you can but why can't you stay and get some skills if Jason leaves?

You can get driving practice playing games like GTA. The driving mechanics are virtually the same. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone, if you are experiencing long load times, please let me know. We’ve been investigating an issue with this, and the main thing that seems to be common amongst players facing this issue is that they are based in EU and have a PS4 NAT type of 2.

I would appreciate if anyone affected by this could DM me so we can gather as much data as possible. 

• Like 4

Ahhhhh...Finally. That's good to know. 

Since I am a PC Player and Console Player I can give some answers to some of you :

@JennyMyers1984 , if everyone gets kicked out of the Lobby , you will stay in your Group.

Yeah , you can't join games that are being played , but you can join if the match hasn't started yet and there is still room for you. You can also still join between the intro and the Lobby waiting time.

If someone has some Questions , feel free to ask me.

Edit : Very important info : If you search for a Lobby longer than 1 Minute and 30 seconds youself will be the host and there will be no dedicated Server Benefits. And if you wait longer than 40 seconds , it could also lead you to other Country Servers. Atleast that's how it works on PC. 

If the Lobby host doesn't have a ping next to his Name , that means he is Hosting the Lobby.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey everyone, if you are experiencing long load times, please let me know. We’ve been investigating an issue with this, and the main thing that seems to be common amongst players facing this issue is that they are based in EU and have a PS4 NAT type of 2.

I would appreciate if anyone affected by this could DM me so we can gather as much data as possible. 

@ShiftySamuraiYa dude. I’m experiencing exactly what u stated above. I got a nat type 2 and I’m in Europe 

• Like 1

I’ve been trying to get into a match for almost 15 minutes now and did not succeed. Took me like 10 mins before to find one a few hours ago. 

Update: i have been trying to find me another game for over 45 mins now and it won’t find one. 

13 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Wow, can non-blondes have blonde moments? That should have said HOST quits, not Jason. Sorry guys, don't know what fuck I was thinking when I wrote that.

That's what we're saying... there is no host quits anymore because there isn't a host. Only JASON quoting can end a match. And that makes total sense. 

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Well ppl can change it to an open NAT type 1 then its only a setting, will this solve the issue ? 

I was just kicked for being idle for more than 120 seconds with no warning. I was trying out new emotes and clicking my flashlight to make sure I wasn’t considered idle yet still got kicked with no 60 second or 30 second warning. Trash. 

After a match ended instead of returning to the lobby I end up in the Malin  Menu where it starts to serch for  a room but it never works. I have to close the game and start it up again and if I am lucky it will find a server but that usually also fails. Right now it has ben searching for over eight minutes. And trying to cancel the search won’t work because it only shows the cancelling prompt. And again I am forced to close the game and start it up, if I have any  desire left to play, that is.

• Like 1