[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes [PS4/XB1] (DEDICATED SERVERS) - 09.10.2018

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

For fuck sake. These servers sound like shit. We can’t stay in the same lobby if we find a good group anymore???!! And you still get kicked if Jason quits??!!!! How is this better??!!! It’s WORSE!

Yup.

• Like 1

Still though...I feel like I've been released from captivity. As long as the games end, I'm happy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yeah. They end. By still kicking you if Jason quits. Lol. So it fixes nothing. 

Well the game can't keep playing if there's no Jason lol

5 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Yeah. They end. By still kicking you if Jason quits. Lol. So it fixes nothing. 

True. Even if you get to finish the game you still have to find another game. I havent found a single new after completion. After a game (one) +10 minutes of searching and no new game

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Well, in qp you play one game with a good group, game over, returns to main menu and automatically searching for new lobby.. 1 match, then I've been waiting for a new lobby for 10 minutes.. Something good, something bad.

What? Host quitting is still kicking you out of lobbies, but only this time, it's automatically searching instead of you hitting quick play. 

Am I missing something I'm not seeing? It sounds like these dedicated servers didn't make much of a difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

What? Host quitting is still kicking you out of lobbies, but only this time, it's automatically searching instead of you hitting quick play. 

Am I missing something I'm not seeing? It sounds like these dedicated servers didn't make much of a difference.

My point excacly. Either way you get kicked out, only now its a 100% or money back guaranteed!

14 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

True. Even if you get to finish the game you still have to find another game. I havent found a single new after completion. After a game (one) +10 minutes of searching and no new game

Are you in the salt mines?

55 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Well, in qp you play one game with a good group, game over, returns to main menu and automatically searching for new lobby.. 1 match, then I've been waiting for a new lobby for 10 minutes.. Something good, something bad.

Okay so I have a question...I play in a group of about 3-4 people. Since at the end of the game we all get kicked from the lobby, do we all still stay in a party together and it searches for quick play lobbies or do we have to send invites all over again? Haven’t tested it out yet, probably will get on later tonight.

19 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Okay so I have a question...I play in a group of about 3-4 people. Since at the end of the game we all get kicked from the lobby, do we all still stay in a party together and it searches for quick play lobbies or do we have to send invites all over again? Haven’t tested it out yet, probably will get on later tonight.

That I dont know. Havent tested in group/party, only qp by my lonesome

22 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Are you in the salt mines?

Not that I'm aware of... I seldom quit during game. Afew here can confirm that I'm not a quitter

6 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

That I dont know. Havent tested in group/party, only qp by my lonesome

Let's try it.

pyegow1964 is ps name 

Please fix! Patch update is taking a step in the right direction, but there always seems to be some sort of feature that was fine before that ends up altered in the worst way possible! :wacko:

• Like 1

Jason player just quit and the game ended... almost how it normally does except there was no score displayed and went immediately back to the lobby. There is definitely inconsistency with this. All the well because I was interaction locked anyway, yep. Lol. So limiting the display of the map does not prevent interaction locking. Ok. 

I haven’t played the update yet, but a friend is telling me the update (PS4) doesn’t have actual dedicated servers, just host migration. Can anyone confirm / deny this?

33 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Not that I'm aware of... I seldom quit during game. Afew here can confirm that I'm not a quitter

Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to imply you were, I was just spitballing a reason why. Ten minutes seems like a long ass time to be waiting.

So the game seems to run more smoothly but Jason doesn't seem to stun for shit now. I also don't care for the getting kicked every couple of games. It sucks to have to leave a good lobby.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to imply you were, I was just spitballing a reason why. Ten minutes seems like a long ass time to be waiting.

No offence taken, all cool bro

Sweater girl not being able to use spray and firecrackers (and knives?) seems like a potential game changer. One quick and well executed  shift grab/choke and that’s all she wrote 

18 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Sweater girl not being able to use spray and firecrackers (and knives?) seems like a potential game changer. One quick and well executed  shift grab/choke and that’s all she wrote 

They mean during the sweater animation. People were dropping the items to cancel out so they could hit Jason to his knees.

Lol fist game.... 4 A-Holes on Pinehurst hanging out outside the map on a rock by the bottom of the map near Jasons shack all level 150s dance and hitting each other with bats???

what a bunch of dumb dicks.

knives wouldn’t hit them and they wouldn’t back into the map...

2 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Are you guys ever going to address the fact Jason is terrible to play currently and his grab is absolute trash?

You fixed him and made him fun to play again previously then completely broke him again with the new engine update when you added the new grab animation.

The animation is great but the grab mechanics are back to being broken. Counselors can run circles around you to troll you because if you're on even a slight arch to Jason when he makes his lunge, he misses. It's so easy to avoid and makes Jason frustrating for even good Jason's to play.

And the boat change is absolutely mind boggling. Do you guys even play your own game? 

If Jason stops the car, you can still get out and escape. If you get grabbed as you get out, pocket knife or someone hitting him can get you free. You still have a CHANCE.

With the boat, if Jason stops the boat, you're dead. You can't use a knife or attack in the water. You can't dodge him like a shift. It's a death trap.

So the entire POINT of the boat not alerting Jason on startup was so you COULD potentially get out on it without him noticing. You guys even SAID YOURSELVES it has less parts to get to start it because it's high risk, high reward.

If Jason sees it going, you're dead. But if he doesn't, free escape. That's the definition of high risk, high reward.

Alerting Jason to the boat startup means anyone attempting the boat escape will die unless the Jason is a low water speed Jason like Savini and they suck.

You guys just completely removed a means of escape.

I don't get the logic in this at all. And then you guys get perplexed and frustrated at US when we complain about this stuff like we're the problem....

This post should be on every page of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Lol fist game.... 4 A-Holes on Pinehurst hanging out outside the map on a rock by the bottom of the map near Jasons shack all level 150s dance and hitting each other with bats???

what a bunch of dumb dicks.

knives wouldn’t hit them and they wouldn’t back into the map...

Maybe it was Wes and his crew. They are playing in secret today. That is probably their big f u to people who play this game.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

They mean during the sweater animation. People were dropping the items to cancel out so they could hit Jason to his knees.

Darn. I was hoping they were trying to make killing Jason a challenge again. 

On 9/10/2018 at 3:39 PM, Manny1985 said:

Maybe it was Wes and his crew. They are playing in secret today. That is probably their big f u to people who play this game.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

@[IllFonic]Courier @ShiftySamurai

Right on the area that I circled couldn’t find a way to get to the bastards!

• Like 1