[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes [PS4/XB1] (DEDICATED SERVERS) - 09.10.2018

For those who are having troubles finding servers in Europe with PS4, try to change your internet DNS address 8.8.8.8 (primary) and secondary 8.8.4.4. There is many videos in youtube to show how to do it if you don’t know. It worked instantly for me and I have had troubles many weeks with finding any EU-based servers. After the change it took maybe 8 seconds and I was in a full lobby. Someone who understands more about the logic behind this trick could explain more. I am sorry but I cannot.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha, hey buddy not sure if you saw the post above mine. I don’t know if it will help but if a fix is being circulated maybe it could help whoever is on the problem figure out why it’s a problem. If it’s a scam or prank it probably should be deleted rather than catch anyone who is just trying to play the game. 

I tried it just like 30 minutes ago and it worked; changed dsn, found EU-server lobby in 30 secs. Though only for one match... After game ended, was back in the lobby and couldn't find another one. Extremely frustrating.

@Oopee92 where are you situated, Is it consistent and what DNS are you using?

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If it’s a scam or prank it probably should be deleted rather than catch anyone who is just trying to play the game. 

It's not a scam. The 8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for secondary are Google public DNS addresses. I was having issues with my PS4 connecting to wifi and PSN, changing my DNS to these settings was suggested to me by several people. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It's not a scam. The 8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for secondary are Google public DNS addresses. I was having issues with my PS4 connecting to wifi and PSN, changing my DNS to these settings was suggested to me by several people. 

Good to know, I wasn’t sure, network stuff isn’t my thing and I’m to lazy to use google.

I really do hope they get it fixed soon, this going on for so long is frustrating even though I’m not experiencing it directly.

9 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

I tried it just like 30 minutes ago and it worked; changed dsn, found EU-server lobby in 30 secs. Though only for one match... After game ended, was back in the lobby and couldn't find another one. Extremely frustrating.

@Oopee92 where are you situated, Is it consistent and what DNS are you using?

Yes it worked only for one match and after that I needed to do the DNS change again to find another lobby. I am living in Oulu, Finland. To clarify my previous post, I have very poor WiFi mobile broadband (download varies between 1-25 mbps and have NAT 3 type). I have had similar matchmaking/server crash issues before with other games and then I was recommended to change my DNS to the aforementioned Google DNS, for example. My trial and error analysis suggests that the problems in Friday the 13 matchmaking relate to players' network speed and type. Probably faster DNS servers helps somehow especially when player is suffering from slow internet speed? Friend of mine here in Finland has high-speed broadband +200 mbps and he can find servers quite easily. These are just my reflections without any deeper expertise in IT but hopefully they can help someone having similar troubles.

• Like 1

I'm going to add this info to the ongoing investigation on the topic. Hopefully this will help the team get things sorted.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm going to add this info to the ongoing investigation on the topic. Hopefully this will help the team get things sorted.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for letting us know, it’s appreciated.

Thanks @mattshotcha

Though the dsn change in't working for me anymore. I have a good connection though.. Getting very frustrating.

And another thing.. After the ds launched, I'm having trouble with joining friend or community -sessions without invite (if under US-servers) Something about bypassing server..? Had no trouble during the p2p lobby days.

Are you guys making any progress with the invite to game problem. If you are in a game party and then go to the game lobby you cannot invite anyone to join. It will show them trying to load in but they cannot join. You have to back out of the game lobby and add them to game party then go back in. 

On 1/2/2019 at 7:37 PM, Cer1alkill3r said:

Are you guys making any progress with the invite to game problem. If you are in a game party and then go to the game lobby you cannot invite anyone to join. It will show them trying to load in but they cannot join. You have to back out of the game lobby and add them to game party then go back in. 

This is happening since the implementation of the dedicated servers and the developers don't seem to care at all. Really annoying.