Jump to content
[IllFonic]Courier

Patch Notes [PS4/XB1] (DEDICATED SERVERS) - 09.10.2018

Recommended Posts

General Changes and Bugfixes [PS4/XB1]

Note: These patch notes are for both the PS4 and XB1

  • The patch for the PS4 and XB1 are now both live!


The PS4 patch will be the only platform receiving this update today.

The XB1 patch is still undergoing the certification process and we hope to have this completed as soon as possible. We’ll let you all know when the XB1 patch is ready to go and update this page with the release!

Console Dedicated Servers
In this patch, we are releasing the long awaited dedicated servers for the PS4 and XB1!

Head over to Quick Play and check it out!

General

  • Addressed several issues that were causing players to be interaction locked

Jason

  • Fixed an issue with Part 5 Jason’s Shift Duration being lower than intended
  • Sense is no longer automatically cancelled when Jason enters the water
  • Jason’s pickaxe kill “Canopener” now appears as “Neck Twisted” instead of “Decapitated on the scoreboard
  • Fixed an issue where window environment kills may temporarily become inaccessible if Jason grabs a counselor that is in the process of vaulting through the window

Counselors

  • Counselors that have been pulled out of a vehicle will now display the correct struggle animation
  • Small items (medical sprays, firecrackers, etc.) are no longer usable for the counselor that is performing the sweater stun
  • Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause the player to become stuck if the player opened the map while vaulting through a window

Vehicles

  • Added additional countermeasures to prevent players from being able to stand on top of cars
  • Made adjustments to the car escape volumes to prevent vehicles from falling off the map
  • Starting a boat will once again alert Jason via sound effect
  • Fixed an issue where the repair mini game prompt may temporarily not appear if the player is rapidly toggling the repair interact button repeatedly
  • Fixed an issue that caused Jason to be able to walk through cars under certain conditions
  • Fixed an issue where the reverse camera on the vehicles may sometimes not be working properly

Maps
General

  • Addressed several counselor exploit locations
  • The medical spray static spawns on the Crystal Lake Large map and the Packanack Large map will once again properly spawn medical sprays
    • Note: The location of static spawners for medical sprays have been adjusted on each map (including Crystal Lake Large and Packanack Large) for this patch and the previous patch.

Jarvis House

  • Fixed an issue where a car battery may spawn in an unreachable location

Pinehurst

  • Fixed an issue where the boat may disappear upon exiting through any of the Pinehurst boat escape volumes

Single Player Challenges

  • Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck when activating a stalker point while entering combat stance at the same time

 

  • Thanks 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Console Dedicated Servers
In this patch, we are releasing the long awaited dedicated servers for the PS4 and XB1!

Head over to Quick Play and check it out!

Image result for all yeah  gif

All yeah

Image result for happy dance gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look forward to getting a few rounds in, tonight, to see how it plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Fuck yeah, when’s it dropping?

It's already down. I went to lainch the game and had an update. I came here to ask about it but the question was already answered. 

@ShiftySamurai I see the notes address the med spray spawn problems for Crystal Lake and Packanack, but Higgins Haven also had this issue as well for both large and small variations. Was that also addressed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason being able to hear the boat start means the boat is a guaranteed death trap now. 

Getting thrown out of a boat by Jason is instant death, it needed a silent start to give the players a chance to escape.

Who is still going to use the boat as a viable escape with this change?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Jason being able to hear the boat start means the boat is a guaranteed death trap now. 

Getting thrown out of a boat by Jason is instant death, it needed a silent start to give the players a chance to escape.

Who is still going to use the boat as a viable escape with this change?

Yeah I said that when they added it for PC. Unfortunately they went ahead and added it anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Jason being able to hear the boat start means the boat is a guaranteed death trap now. 

Getting thrown out of a boat by Jason is instant death, it needed a silent start to give the players a chance to escape.

Who is still going to use the boat as a viable escape with this change?

And the notes say he can “hear the boat start AGAIN”..... Which he never could hear it before. Not ever.  Not since release. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in qp you play one game with a good group, game over, returns to main menu and automatically searching for new lobby.. 1 match, then I've been waiting for a new lobby for 10 minutes.. Something good, something bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChaosLordWesker said:

Jason being able to hear the boat start means the boat is a guaranteed death trap now. 

Getting thrown out of a boat by Jason is instant death, it needed a silent start to give the players a chance to escape.

Who is still going to use the boat as a viable escape with this change?

First game I got out with the boat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's already down. I went to lainch the game and had an update. I came here to ask about it but the question was already answered. 

@ShiftySamurai I see the notes address the med spray spawn problems for Crystal Lake and Packanack, but Higgins Haven also had this issue as well for both large and small variations. Was that also addressed? 

Med sprays were still screwed up on the pc patch too. Missing from most maps unless find in drawer..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys ever going to address the fact Jason is terrible to play currently and his grab is absolute trash?

You fixed him and made him fun to play again previously then completely broke him again with the new engine update when you added the new grab animation.

The animation is great but the grab mechanics are back to being broken. Counselors can run circles around you to troll you because if you're on even a slight arch to Jason when he makes his lunge, he misses. It's so easy to avoid and makes Jason frustrating for even good Jason's to play.

 

 

And the boat change is absolutely mind boggling. Do you guys even play your own game? 

If Jason stops the car, you can still get out and escape. If you get grabbed as you get out, pocket knife or someone hitting him can get you free. You still have a CHANCE.

With the boat, if Jason stops the boat, you're dead. You can't use a knife or attack in the water. You can't dodge him like a shift. It's a death trap.

So the entire POINT of the boat not alerting Jason on startup was so you COULD potentially get out on it without him noticing. You guys even SAID YOURSELVES it has less parts to get to start it because it's high risk, high reward.

If Jason sees it going, you're dead. But if he doesn't, free escape. That's the definition of high risk, high reward.

Alerting Jason to the boat startup means anyone attempting the boat escape will die unless the Jason is a low water speed Jason like Savini and they suck.

You guys just completely removed a means of escape.

 

I don't get the logic in this at all. And then you guys get perplexed and frustrated at US when we complain about this stuff like we're the problem....

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ikarikh said:

Are you guys ever going to address the fact Jason is terrible to play currently and his grab is absolute trash?

You fixed him and made him fun to play again previously then completely broke him again with the new engine update when you added the new grab animation.

The animation is great but the grab mechanics are back to being broken. Counselors can run circles around you to troll you because if you're on even a slight arch to Jason when he makes his lunge, he misses. It's so easy to avoid and makes Jason frustrating for even good Jason's to play.

There's no thought behind it.  Just change for change's sake.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't return you to the same quick play lobby, but it found next game in like 3 seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pyegow said:

It doesn't return you to the same quick play lobby, but it found next game in like 3 seconds. 

/facepalm

I don't comprehend these devs....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came back hoping that there would be some change to the approach of this game... smh. Twice now when the Jason player quit, everyone was kicked out of the lobby and back to “searching for dedicated servers.” How is this indicative of actual dedicated servers if the Jason player is tied to the lobby existing? Care to explain? Complete disappointment, yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok... continuation from previous post... waited for a new game for +10 minutes, then canceled. Canceling took forever so had to boot. Again same thing. Got a game quick (nice), after game ended searched for a new game for 10 minutes wothout finding one. Canceled... still canceling... 10 min . later canceled..@ShiftySamurai wanna check that out? PS4

Ps. / edit: So I wouldnt seem like a total prick, thanks for the DS guys. Nice to see that you havent totally abandoned us...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pyegow said:

It doesn't return you to the same quick play lobby, but it found next game in like 3 seconds. 

It will here and there. That broke on pc many moons ago too. Sucks when you get in with a good group and then everyone gets split to separate lobbies after.. Sometimes it will keep together for a couple games. Hit or miss..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I came back hoping that there would be some change to the approach of this game... smh. Twice now when the Jason player quit, everyone was kicked out of the lobby and back to “searching for dedicated servers.” How is this indicative of actual dedicated servers if the Jason player is tied to the lobby existing? Care to explain? Complete disappointment, yet again.

Oh for f***s sake....what happened to pushing a new player to be Jason if this happened?

Sigh......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Well, in qp you play one game with a good group, game over, returns to main menu and automatically searching for new lobby.. 1 match, then I've been waiting for a new lobby for 10 minutes.. Something good, something bad.

Wait. So you can’t stay in the same lobby anymore???!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Wait. So you can’t stay in the same lobby anymore???!!!!

Thats how its been on pc forever in quickplay. Welcome to Semi-dedicated servers...

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×