Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

So what do you think we can expect from the next update besides dedicated servers and bugs?

47 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'm aware of that as well as you and many others are. People should realize by now that updates for this game don't work completely as intended as soon as they roll out. Nice to have you as a friend rather than an enemy by the way...

I've been on this ride since the whole (or)deal started. Love the game at its core, have great memories and am thankful for those. I have nothing but friendly feelings for everyone still invested in this game. I admire the passion and commitment. 

That being said, the running joke of major changes turning into major misfires is less funny and more frustrating. Connectivity has been one major issue, ded. servers were the supposed solution on consoles. Players had A LOT of patience, Gun/Ill and there hired guns had quite a lot of time.

I guess the playerbase had to major groups left: One like us who just knew nothing would work as intended and one who were convinced this major issue would be solved by dedicated servers. I personally see our passionate little community as test subjects for dedicated console servers, who will probably be needed for future stuff from those guys. That being said those who saw dedicated servers as the games salvation are of course disappointed, since it seems to not work on a larger scale. 

8 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I've been on this ride since the whole (or)deal started. Love the game at its core, have great memories and am thankful for those. I have nothing but friendly feelings for everyone still invested in this game. I admire the passion and commitment. 

That being said, the running joke of major changes turning into major misfires is less funny and more frustrating. Connectivity has been one major issue, ded. servers were the supposed solution on consoles. Players had A LOT of patience, Gun/Ill and there hired guns had quite a lot of time.

I guess the playerbase had to major groups left: One like us who just knew nothing would work as intended and one who were convinced this major issue would be solved by dedicated servers. I personally see our passionate little community as test subjects for dedicated console servers, who will probably be needed for future stuff from those guys. That being said those who saw dedicated servers as the games salvation are of course disappointed, since it seems to not work on a larger scale. 

You summed it all up quite nicely.

Dedicated servers are finally here. Seems like a lot of work for a dead game. Maybe they're surprising us with Jason X and maps so that we don't complain that it's taking so long.

19 minutes ago, Body Boy said:

Dedicated servers are finally here. Seems like a lot of work for a dead game. Maybe they're surprising us with Jason X and maps so that we don't complain that it's taking so long.

You guys and your “dead game” persistence.  lol

princess-bride.gif

18 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You guys and your “dead game” persistence.  lol

princess-bride.gif

Give me my pyjamas!

I think it's telling that @wes no longer posts about  recent events in the "About Forum". My PS4 subscription ran out last week - but when I detect a change of tact since May. I'm not gonna subscribe for a PS4 plus year when it's the only game I play online. If Wes can't be assed to announce it on the forums anymore, it makes me feel that the servers will be closed as soon as sales figures start to dip.

Not gonna buy monthly PS4 subscriptions under an umbrella of uncertainty. A good forum post rather than a Twitter comment would give me more faith in the longevity of my purchase.