Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

So what do you think we can expect from the next update besides dedicated servers and bugs?

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

I actually reinstalled this game a couple of nights ago and played a few single-player challenges. It really takes returning to it after a few months with an unbiased attitude to fully realize how broken this game is. So many glitches for a game that's been "finished" for a year and a half. This is the mark Gun Media and Illfonic want to leave? THIS is the best they could do? Absolutely ridiculous.

And before anybody says some bullshit like, "wHerE's uR GAmE??????!1?" My response to that stupid argument will be that I don't get paid to make video games; these people do. See the difference there?

In the future, I will be wary of any upcoming game with a developer I've never heard of. I will check to make sure Gun Media or Illfonic didn't change the name of their company and I will avoid the FUCK out of anything associated with them like the GOD-DAMNED PLAGUE. I'm hoping all that are enlightened will spread the word of their incompetence as video game developers. Don't let these con artists steal another dime of people's hard-earned money if you can help it.

tumblr_oyaqhbfY8z1ra8x1ao1_r2_500.gif

I can't find servers. It remains stucked in "looking for sessions" for hours and when I decide to cancel the sessions search it remains stucked in cancelling the search so that I have to restart the game. 

Sometimes I think they do it on purpose to troll us because it can't be possible to be a complete failure like that.

I only played one game (as Jason) but it seems to run smoothly. No ping or glitches that I saw. The last player (a Vanessa troll) rage quit as I was killing him but I still got the credit. Likely would have anyways since the animation was already in play, but still. He could have ended up being the host if t wasn’t a dedicated server. What’s funny is that he kept calling me bitch but he wound up being the ultimate bitch by quitting. Dude also tried to hide from me in a closet while I was in stalk and literally on the other side of the wall. Hahaha. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hancove said:

I can't find servers. It remains stucked in "looking for sessions" for hours and when I decide to cancel the sessions search it remains stucked in cancelling the search so that I have to restart the game. 

Sometimes I think they do it on purpose to troll us because it can't be possible to be a complete failure like that.

Have you performed the update yet? They said that it likely won’t work for some regions until later in the day. 

2 hours ago, Hancove said:

Same wtf now I can't even play.

8 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

I actually reinstalled this game a couple of nights ago and played a few single-player challenges. It really takes returning to it after a few months with an unbiased attitude to fully realize how broken this game is. So many glitches for a game that's been "finished" for a year and a half. This is the mark Gun Media and Illfonic want to leave? THIS is the best they could do? Absolutely ridiculous.

And before anybody says some bullshit like, "wHerE's uR GAmE??????!1?" My response to that stupid argument will be that I don't get paid to make video games; these people do. See the difference there?

In the future, I will be wary of any upcoming game with a developer I've never heard of. I will check to make sure Gun Media or Illfonic didn't change the name of their company and I will avoid the FUCK out of anything associated with them like the GOD-DAMNED PLAGUE. I'm hoping all that are enlightened will spread the word of their incompetence as video game developers. Don't let these con artists steal another dime of people's hard-earned money if you can help it.

I regularly monitor companies with a questionable reputation. If people ask me about my experiences with a company, I'll be honest. I won't sway or encourage them, but rather present the facts (good and bad) and let them draw their own conclusions. That way, if they try and don't like it, they can only blame themselves.

• Like 1

@DeadDuck Is that what you expect or what you encountered? Only new one I've see is the cancel session search getting stuck in a loop. Also had a match not end after everyone was dead or had escaped. 

Is it just me, or does it feel like the counselors have gotten a buff with this patch? Maybe some really good players returned and I just got lumped in with some of them, but in about a half-dozen matches and three or four QP lobbies over the span of about two hours last night:

• I had one match on Pinehurst where I found three pocketknives in the first two minutes
• Played a Jason match with Part 8 where my mask was knocked off by a Fox and an AJ the first time I fought them, and I was killed inside of 5 minutes
• Counselors seemed to dodge my throwing knives even from close range after I'd let them go
• Parts seemed a lot easier to find since objectives were pushed harder and faster than I've seen in some time. In several matches, the boat and car both escaped AND the cops got called. The match I got killed as Jason, I was going to the cabin while the 4-seater was almost to the exit. A couple of other times both cars were fixed pretty early in the match.
• In three matches as Jason, my best output was a struggling 5/8. Most of the other games, whoever was Jason seemed to be doing about the same.  The counselors seemed to be a little bit faster than usual, always able to stay out of arm's reach or run past me as I went for a grab or slash. A couple of them were crouching/ducking and able to avoid both my grab and swing, even when I was right in front of them. A few were clearly messing with me even if I eventually killed them.
I've been playing a while and am a decent Jason. I don't claim to go 8/8 every time or sweep lobbies in short order, but I hold my own. I don't even mind getting killed or having a bad round. It happens. But something seemed ... off ... last night. Even when I was a counselor it seemed like the lobby was giving Jason a hard time.
Like I said, maybe it was just an unusual run of knowledgeable, experienced players like I haven't seen in a while. Or maybe it's something else. Did anyone else notice anything like that?

1 minute ago, Bonker2468 said:

Is it just me, or does it feel like the counselors have gotten a buff with this patch? Maybe some really good players returned and I just got lumped in with some of them, but in about a half-dozen matches and three or four QP lobbies over the span of about two hours last night:

• I had one match on Pinehurst where I found three pocketknives in the first two minutes
• Played a Jason match with Part 8 where my mask was knocked off by a Fox and an AJ the first time I fought them, and I was killed inside of 5 minutes
• Counselors seemed to dodge my throwing knives even from close range after I'd let them go
• Parts seemed a lot easier to find since objectives were pushed harder and faster than I've seen in some time. In several matches, the boat and car both escaped AND the cops got called. The match I got killed as Jason, I was going to the cabin while the 4-seater was almost to the exit. A couple of other times both cars were fixed pretty early in the match.
• In three matches as Jason, my best output was a struggling 5/8. Most of the other games, whoever was Jason seemed to be doing about the same.  The counselors seemed to be a little bit faster than usual, always able to stay out of arm's reach or run past me as I went for a grab or slash. A couple of them were crouching/ducking and able to avoid both my grab and swing, even when I was right in front of them. A few were clearly messing with me even if I eventually killed them.
I've been playing a while and am a decent Jason. I don't claim to go 8/8 every time or sweep lobbies in short order, but I hold my own. I don't even mind getting killed or having a bad round. It happens. But something seemed ... off ... last night. Even when I was a counselor it seemed like the lobby was giving Jason a hard time.
Like I said, maybe it was just an unusual run of knowledgeable, experienced players like I haven't seen in a while. Or maybe it's something else. Did anyone else notice anything like that?

I noticed counselors can now hit you mid animation while trying to smash the phone box. Only option is to get inside and grab the phone caller now...

2 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Don't know... Other player noticed a decrease on stun chances which would make Jason stronger... I played just a couple of matches yesterday night and I have not enough info to judge blance-wise.
If the stun chance change is true I think it's bad because it was already useles for an average player without sucker punch to try to hit Jason with a weapon that was not a bat or an axe.
Also the counselors buff that you have described (more easy to avoid pocket knife, stronger AJ etc) are bad buff. Nobody needed none of these changes. 
Imho the biggest change needed was Jason grab animation which weakens Jason too much. 

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I noticed counselors can now hit you mid animation while trying to smash the phone box. Only option is to get inside and grab the phone caller now...

That was the case even before the update. It happened to me some week ago and I was like wtf :D

2 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

As a counselor I found 2 pocket knives in under 2 minutes,  I think they put them back in the drawers on some maps, Jason is as easily stunned as ever, sprays are everywhere, whatever speed gain they gave Jason  has been gone for for at least 6 months(people just didn’t pay attention, the devs know this) this is still a 4-5 second force field for counselors going through windows, why they ever put a promp on that is beyond me. I don’t recall ever getting stunned in the animation when smashing the phone and did get stunned yesterday, but I’m not sure about that one , I guess only counselors get a protective force field in animations.

I like that they finally game dedicated servers this helps with some frustration when playing this game, now they need to balance things out, and what I mean by balance is making Jason OP like he was when the game was launched , the only people who like the game the way it is are the people who prefer to be counselors.they are not the people who funded this game nor are they f13 movie fans. 

2 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

Absolutely there is high level players coming back this last 24 hours. It hasn't been a "find the PK's so you can antagonize Jason one extra time before you die and quit" kind of games. That's what it's been like for the last two months. Just absolutely horrible players. 

Something else I noticed, too, was that it seems much easier to stun Jason through the windows. A couple of times I purposely stayed a step or two back of the window and still got stunned.

3 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

You’re not kidding. Watch this video. Fox knocks my mask off after only TWO hits. And I shit you not, but after several minutes of play, this is the ONLY two times that I get hit by a weapon. 

The servers are messed up.

I cannot play anymore.

I have been sat here TWO HOIRS AND PLAYED ONE GAME TOTAL.

My photo is too large but this current search is still ongoing at 9:19. Greaat!

Also I cannot join lobbies as it fails to retrieve the data or says the server is no longer accepting requests.

This is atrocious.

2 hours ago, MichaelVincent said:

The servers are messed up.

I cannot play anymore.

I have been sat here TWO HOIRS AND PLAYED ONE GAME TOTAL.

My photo is too large but this current search is still ongoing at 9:19. Greaat!

Also I cannot join lobbies as it fails to retrieve the data or says the server is no longer accepting requests.

This is atrocious.

The update just came out. Let's give the developers a little time to fix it. You're not the only person suffering from this issue.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The update just came out. Let's give the developers a little time to fix it. You're not the only person suffering from this i

22 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The update just came out. Let's give the developers a little time to fix it. You're not the only person suffering from this issue.

They actually had over a year for this, friend. 

39 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

They actually had over a year for this, friend. 

I'm aware of that as well as you and many others are. People should realize by now that updates for this game don't work completely as intended as soon as they roll out. Nice to have you as a friend rather than an enemy by the way...

Searching for server +10 minutes, no games, canceled, canceling takes forever, restart, rinse, repeat... Fuck this! Me mad! 

Edit. Finally got to play afew games. It is nice though that no more quiting hosts.

Btw. I haven't seen a single "game breaking" bug for ages, if you don't count Jasons shortcomings ofcourse..

It's weird some are getting issues. I've been getting into servers superfast, now correctly on eu servers too.