The melee attacks need improvement in both delivery and range. Jason can't compete with more then one counselor at a time. A 360 degree attack would be useful as well. If it's your intention for Jason to get down and dirty with the melee strikes when swarmed he needs the tools to fight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ever since the new grab was implemented, in my experience, most games i play i see Jason getting swarmed. Unless the player has gotten to grips(no pun intended) with the grab, noone is particularly afraid of going too near Jason anymore, not like the old grab......those were the days, when you could grab someone from across the room as they danced!

I mean, even the experienced people i play with wouldn't tangle with Old Grabby Hands Jason for too long,it just wouldn't be worth it in the long run. So a fix on the grab or back to the old one would be great.

Also when you say "Buff Jason" i can't help but imagine a new skin of Jason based on Arnold Schwarzeneggar

• Haha 1

Are they allowed to revamp.

1). If yes then add a perk system for Jason similar to what dead by daylight have done but with the same system as counselors this will balance Jason with counselors or, he will make him more powerful than counselors.

2). If not they can

Counselors

• Reduce weapons for counselors
  • Reduce their durability
  • Reduce recovered stamina when hitting Jason

Jason

• Increase sprint speed slightly again
  • increase grab speed ( slightly or moderate ).
  • Increased damage in rage mode.
  • QTE when someone using the sweater against Jason to allow him to escape him (one chance).
  • Like 3

Just add pushback on counselors when hit by Jason's swing and maybe slightly extend its range.  I don't mind the grab, but bring meat shielding back and maybe reduce the recovery just a little.  These small changes will help most players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Counselors

• Reduce weapons for counselors
  • Reduce their durability
  • Reduce recovered stamina when hitting Jason

Two of the three has already been address in previous updates and is fine now.  Stamina decrease will overall effect slower and lower stamina counselor most rather than bullies like Vanessa.  It not a problem, space out, deny/avoid the swing and counter attack. 

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Just add pushback on counselors when hit by Jason's swing and maybe slightly extend its range.  I don't mind the grab, but bring meat shielding back and maybe reduce the recovery just a little.  These small changes will help most players.

The issue is not for us (experienced player) but casual one.

4 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

The issue is not for us (experienced player) but casual one.

These change will help both casuals and experienced players alike.  Pushback would address the complaint that Jason is getting counter-stun between hit slashes buy pushing counselors out of range.  It will also help counselors since they will be also outside of slash range, which address the complaint of "slasher" Jasons many novice players whine about.

Kill prompt should instant/near instant. It would make groups a lot easier to thin out. Currently they have a whole 4 or 5 second window. It's bad enough the grab box is shit, and when you do land one, chances are you will get stunned out of due to the slow animation that comes after the grab.

6 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Jason needs a buff to stun resistance and melee effectiveness. 

{this!!!}

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Jason needs a buff to stun resistance and melee effectiveness. 

This cubed

So today I played for three hours. No one wanted to play as Jason. Even the best Jasons in quick play matches only killed half the field. The grab attack is useless against more then one councilor. It takes too long to terminate and is too easily dodged. Speed up the animation so Jason has a chance. Or revert back to the old grab. In my Jason run today as I swung at counselors I never connected first. Speed up the melee attack it's way too slow. Right now any counselor is a more effective melee attacker then the main antagonist of the title. Changes are needed @ShiftySamurai. This game's killer is more effective than those found in Dead by Daylight. But not by much. Jason is at risk of becoming as ineffective as that whole group and we as Friday the 13th fans really don't want to see that.

• Like 1

The double tap stun is a issue also.You just get the pocket knife out of your neck and the counselor can stun you almost immediately after.I know it takes a bit more timing to do but I feel it shouldn't happen period.Experienced players have this down to a science.Combat stancing doors isn't what it use to be either it only really works well with part 6's spear.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

The double tap stun is a issue also.You just get the pocket knife out of your neck and the counselor can stun you almost immediately after.I know it takes a bit more timing to do but I feel it shouldn't happen period.Experienced players have this down to a science.Combat stancing doors isn't what it use to be either it only really works well with part 6's spear.

Even though I take advantage of it as counselor, I'd rather have Jason's not be stunable coming out of PKs breaks, as well as normal breaks, bear traps, and after grab-kills.  It also kinda lame that he gets firework stunned after a normal stun.  Honestly, it doesn't really matter much when dealing with a single counselor or troll mobs, it's real issue is when time is of importance like a four-seater being filled or Cops being called.  Jason already got punished, he shouldn't have to take a 2-for-1.   Should have been addressed long ago.

I'll point out though, if you shift immediately out of the first stun, you can usually start shrift right before the counselors swing makes contact, protecting yourself from the stun.  Obviously its not always a option you have, but it's something you should consider. 

I love poking though doors as counselors lock it with the spears.  Some nice free damage.  Even better when paired with a Weapon Strength Jason >:D.

28 minutes ago, MichaelVincent said:

Debuff Jason. His grab is ridiculous. I survive once every 50 games at best.

It sounds like you are playing against some pretty decent Jason players.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 4:18 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

So today I played for three hours. No one wanted to play as Jason. Even the best Jasons in quick play matches only killed half the field. The grab attack is useless against more then one councilor. It takes too long to terminate and is too easily dodged. Speed up the animation so Jason has a chance. Or revert back to the old grab. In my Jason run today as I swung at counselors I never connected first. Speed up the melee attack it's way too slow. Right now any counselor is a more effective melee attacker then the main antagonist of the title. Changes are needed @ShiftySamurai. This game's killer is more effective than those found in Dead by Daylight. But not by much. Jason is at risk of becoming as ineffective as that whole group and we as Friday the 13th fans really don't want to see that.

Maybe the Combat Mode for Jason should allow for some new moves, like a counter-attack maybe ?