JackTV

Since when did the rooftop glitch come back?

I thought this glitch was gone for good. Just happened this morning. I’m starting to think the game introduces its own bugs whenever it wants. 

9465524F-0823-4D16-A10B-1DD6303B864C.jpeg

97DE2DC0-645B-4FAB-877C-62A37AF7A4E5.jpeg

8 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Did they purposely glitch to the roof or was it some accident bug?

I have no idea. After I died I just started browsing spectator mode and he was already there.

It would be nice if the clothes glitch came back too. It was fun and each counselor was unique with a little imagination. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Basically the PK use animation causes the counselor to be thrust away from Jason.  If Jason grabs a counselor if he is next to a wall, they'll get thrown though the wall to the otherside, which if upstairs, can be on the roof.   This happened to me in that small closet in Higgen's Lodge.  If you see a counselor invested in a spot against a wall, don't grab, slash.

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Basically the PK use animation causes the counselor to be thrust away from Jason.  If Jason grabs a counselor if he is next to a wall, they'll get thrown though the wall to the otherside, which if upstairs, can be on the roof.   This happened to me in that small closet in Higgen's Lodge.  If you see a counselor invested in a spot against a wall, don't grab, slash.

There is another way, on Packanack at least. One that can be done by yourself. 

21 hours ago, JackTV said:

I thought this glitch was gone for good. Just happened this morning. I’m starting to think the game introduces its own bugs whenever it wants. 

I’ve been saying this allot lately, I’ll say it again, it’s called MEMORY LEAK, games are supposed to have basic maintenance just like anything that runs,  computer, car human body etc... when lazy developers let it sit things start to fall apart .

A friend of mine just showed me how to do it this morning. He came from a room where everyone was doing it. Yeah, it can be done by yourself, with a trap.

For fuck’s sake... it could get much, much worse. 

Next patch Jason will get to fly out of the map to his death again.

Counselors will fly over cabins.

Players will have access to a 3rd Jason shack outside of all maps.

Oh yeah, and dedicated servers. ?

4 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Next patch Jason will get to fly out of the map to his death again.

Counselors will fly over cabins.

Players will have access to a 3rd Jason shack outside of all maps.

Oh yeah, and dedicated servers. ?

When the game first came out and people knew about the out of bounds on pacanack big. There was a 2nd Jason shack with working sweater.

On 9/5/2018 at 12:54 PM, JackTV said:

PC?

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Great. (Shakes head)

Right. I thought the exact same thing.

This was taken because it was the first time I’ve seen it since it was patched out. But since this screen grab, a friend told me over half the room he was in were all up on the roof.

THEN, a different friend of mine showed up later and told me he learned how to do it from a random. He showed me (it’s somewhat similar to how it was done the first way, but the location is slightly different), and it’s pretty easy.

It spread pretty fast too, apparently. All I can suggest is to avoid Packanack for awhile unless you’re with friends. 

1 minute ago, JackTV said:

Right. I thought the exact same thing.

This was taken because it was the first time I’ve seen it since it was patched out. But since this screen grab, a friend told me over half the room he was in were all up on the roof.

THEN, a different friend of mine showed up later and told me he learned how to do it from a random. He showed me (it’s somewhat similar to how it was done the first way, but the location is slightly different), and it’s pretty easy.

It spread pretty fast too, apparently. All I can suggest is to avoid Packanack for awhile unless you’re with friends. 

I don't play much anymore. And it's because of stuff like this. They even unbanned the people who did it the first time saying they deserved a second chance. A second chance to do it again I guess. This is my second favorite game on PS4 but the trolls are so bad. I wonder why.

why i'm not surprised, i mean they haven't patched stance glitch ( so called sliding ) since launch and never will. As this glitch will he be patched probably as it's an easy fix but you know what worst this time.

NO TEAMKILLING to stop them this time. They say they care about their fanbase then patch both this glitch and the sliding one.

Teamkilling was a much, much worst problem, not a solution to anything.  For every one person that would kill somebody exploiting on the roof, you'd have a dozen just killing other counselors as a way to troll.  I still have idiots trying to teamkill even this long after they did away with it, so imagine trying to play the game when you had to avoid all other counselors as well as Jason?

I haven't run across the roof exploit in game recently, but if it starts to become a problem, I'll just avoid Packanack map in public games until they fix it.

• Like 1

It is actually quite simple to do. Not sure why people are saying it involves traps or that it has to do with memory leaks. I won't expose the glitch for more people to find out, but it is neither of those. I know the person who discovered it to begin with. Not sure how so many other people picked it up, which was I warned the person not to spread it around. I said in a thread a few months ago that the roof glitch has been back. 

The same glitch used to get on the roof works on all maps and can get you into other unreachable spots, Packanack/Packanack Small is just the most known/easiest one to do.

Also, it isn't the one where you stand by a wall with a PK and wait to be grabbed.