Sign in to follow this  
OCT 31 1978

What do you think is more problematic for Jason

In the games current form this has been brought up a few times recently what are your thoughts:

The new grab animation being to slow  allowing for a free hit / stun with every miss....

or his melee combat.... the hit boxes not registering....

or his block needing to be in combat stance.....

For me it’s the need to be in combat stance to execute a block correctly... it’s cumbersome and slow to react to your actions.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

In the games current form this has been brought up a few times recently what are your thoughts:

The new grab animation being to slow  allowing for a free hit / stun with every miss....

For me it’s the need to be in combat stance to execute a block correctly... it’s cumbersome and slow to react to your actions.

The grab problem works both ways. If the counselor misses it opens them up to a free grab. 

I actually don’t have much problem with any of that honestly. But I do wish that it would be as easy to wound a counselor as it is to get stunned by one. Certain players seem to be able to get a stun 100% of the time no matter which weapon is used. Even with the right perks there should be a higher percentage of unsuccessful stuns than there currently is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

The grab problem works both ways. If the counselor misses it opens them up to a free grab. 

I actually don’t have much problem with any of that honestly. But I do wish that it would be as easy to wound a counselor as it is to get stunned by one. Certain players seem to be able to get a stun 100% of the time no matter which weapon is used. Even with the right perks there should be a higher percentage of unsuccessful stuns than there currently is. 

I don’t think there is such thing as a free grab if you are in Jasons reach/ grab cone radius  I would call that a fair grab whether it’s from swinging into the grab range or walking/ running into it. lol.

I agree with the wound a counselor easier or even with every slash they drop their weapon forcing them to get out of dodge instead of attempting to stun you.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

All of the above

I'm going to have to say the grab, I believe it could use some work. I know the old grab may not have been perfect, but I was watching some old gameplay of it, and I couldn't help but think, 'darn, I miss that grab'.

• Thanks 2

I'm still not sure if I like the music stinger that now plays every time you grab someone. Jury is still out.

Frankly, I'd be fine if they reverted everything back to pre-engine upstate status.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, JasonLives86 said:

I'm going to have to say the grab, I believe it could use some work. I know the old grab may not have been perfect, but I was watching some old gameplay of it, and I couldn't help but think, 'darn, I miss that grab'.

I was watching a video of this the other day and thought the same thing.

I think a lot of grab problems have to do with ping. Most times I play and all of my grabs are spot on, but other times it doesn’t feel like I can grab anybody, even when it is easy stuff like people climbing thru windows. But maybe I’ve simply adapted to the way it works because I don’t have half the complaints about it everybody else seems to have here. 

4 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I think a lot of grab problems have to do with ping. Most times I play and all of my grabs are spot on, but other times it doesn’t feel like I can grab anybody, even when it is easy stuff like people climbing thru windows. But maybe I’ve simply adapted to the way it works because I don’t have half the complaints about it everybody else seems to have here. 

No it’s just memory leak, the game is not maintained so it’s going to be unstable 

Everything's problematic with it , grabs are press n pray , sometimes i cuddle counselors instead of grabbing them .

Arrived at 150 a month a ago and hate the game more than ever.

To be honest, I think the new grab has kinda grown on me a little. Yes, it can be clumsy and awkward, but I've found at least a couple of positives about it:

1) Because it is now more or less a lunge, it actually increases your grab range slightly, and:

2) You know that irritating "feint" counselors love doing where they wait for you to grab then turn and hit you? With a little practice, you can actually turn the tables by baiting them into taking a swing. At the right distance, you can grab, wait for them to turn and try to hit you, then grab them successfully.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:10 PM, Dolemite said:

Frankly, I'd be fine if they reverted everything back to pre-engine upstate status.

You'll get that at the same time as dedicated servers for consoles.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

To be honest, I think the new grab has kinda grown on me a little. Yes, it can be clumsy and awkward, but I've found at least a couple of positives about it:

1) Because it is now more or less a lunge, it actually increases your grab range slightly, and:

2) You know that irritating "feint" counselors love doing where they wait for you to grab then turn and hit you? With a little practice, you can actually turn the tables by baiting them into taking a swing. At the right distance, you can grab, wait for them to turn and try to hit you, then grab them successfully.

And, what I find most fun of all, is that if people are right up against the other side of a table or couch, you can grab them through it, I have made SO many Tommys rage quit from telling them to get a little closer, because i wanted to whisper a lil something in their ear.

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

You'll get that at the same time as dedicated servers for consoles.

Golly, it should be any day now, then!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

And, what I find most fun of all, is that if people are right up against the other side of a table or couch, you can grab them through it, I have made SO many Tommys rage quit from telling them to get a little closer, because i wanted to whisper a lil something in their ear.

If counselors are grouped up close enough to hit you if you grab one of them, you may want to try Stalk-Shift-Grabbing. Because Jason and whoever he grabs now travel forward a couple of feet, catching the group by surprise may actually propel you just far enough away to pull off a grab kill before they make it over to you.

Edit: I expect to see Jesus return way before I expect to see dedicated servers. I know they said next update. but with these... um... "developers".... that could be well into the Second Coming.