Xiertic

A Question About Balance

Hello crew, new person here with a quick question. 

Lately my friends and I have been playing rival game Dead By Daylight (since it was free this month for PS Plus users). We found it extremely fun, and it made a few of us interested in trying this game out as well. Half the guys in our group played this before though it seems, and they swear vehemently that it's not good 'cause Jason can be killed/stun locked super easy. I ran a few Google searches on the issue and all the topics/posts I found seem to just sort of stop around the March 2018 time frame. So the question is, is that still a thing? Or did it get patched up? 

The few of us that wanted to try this are still gonna give it a whirl, but I ask this 'cause I'm hoping that if there's been a change I can return to the group and talk the others into giving this a second chance as well. ^.^ 

Much like DbD it depends on the survivors/counselors. A good group will be extremely difficult to overcome. To a bad group the killer will seem op.

Compared to DBD, this game is more balanced for the killer (Jason), although counselors can still rule ass if they are good. It's also just fun and very different from DBD, so you should play it.

I've been playing a lot of DbD lately and not F13 so much because I got burnt out and tired of hosts quitting. I enjoy both games, but they are different. I feel it's more fun to be Jason in F13 than the killers in DbD, but it is more fun to play as a survivor in DbD due to the upgrade/perk system. Overall, I'm more of a fan of F13. The game, although far from perfect, just plays better and is a more enjoyable experience, if with a good party. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I tried the tutorial in dbd and it didn’t appeal to me at all. No way to fight back and it takes itself far too seriously. I don’t think either game has anything in common with each other beyond the horror/slasher aspect and the constant comparisons between the two are unfair. F13 is fun. DBD is just dour. 

• Confused 1

Both games are fun I would say f13 a little more then dbd just because there's more to do in a match.

52 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I feel it's more fun to be Jason in F13 than the killers in DbD, but it is more fun to play as a survivor in DbD due to the upgrade/perk system.

This Right here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I tried the tutorial in dbd and it didn’t appeal to me at all. No way to fight back and it takes itself far too seriously. I don’t think either game has anything in common with each other beyond the horror/slasher aspect and the constant comparisons between the two are unfair. F13 is fun. DBD is just dour. 

You didn't play any actual games?

Also, what do you mean "takes itself too seriously"? Not judging (yet) just curious.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Xiertic said:

Lately my friends and I have been playing rival game Dead By Daylight (since it was free this month for PS Plus users). We found it extremely fun, and it made a few of us interested in trying this game out as well. Half the guys in our group played this before though it seems, and they swear vehemently that it's not good 'cause Jason can be killed/stun locked super easy. I ran a few Google searches on the issue and all the topics/posts I found seem to just sort of stop around the March 2018 time frame. So the question is, is that still a thing? Or did it get patched up? 

The few of us that wanted to try this are still gonna give it a whirl, but I ask this 'cause I'm hoping that if there's been a change I can return to the group and talk the others into giving this a second chance as well. ^.^ 

Your friend are both right and wrong, F13 as a game is much better than DBD( I own both) but they are correct when saying Jason is weak, he is basically a piñata you have to work very hard to kill an entire lobby of experienced players, killing Jason is one of the easiest things to do in the game as well. The devs don’t even do basic maintenance on this game so it’s always unstable, add  all the bugs andthe people who hack it to get speed, unlimited shifting as Jason etc, the game is sometimes unplayable, DBD is smooth, no trollsand is heavily in favor of the killer which I like, f13 is way to in favor of the counselors.

I would recommend checking out some Jason techniques on here if you want to Play as him. But in quick Play it's only hard if they are actually teaming up and try to kill you.

In my opinion this game is far much more fun than DbD (and also F13 is true to the source material). 

If you are getting Problems with playing as him , you can also start a Topic on here for some tips , we got Pretty experienced after playing it for a Long time.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:54 AM, Xiertic said:

Half the guys in our group played this before though it seems, and they swear vehemently that it's not good 'cause Jason can be killed/stun locked super easy.

It can be easy to stun lock Jason...if you're a decent counsellor with other decent counsellors. But a good Jason will fight through it, and end up slaughtering everyone in the long run, unless they actually play the obectives and try to escape. 

And Jason can be impossible to kill , if he chooses. Jason getting killed is Jasons fault..

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

IAnd Jason can be impossible to kill , if he chooses. Jason getting killed is Jasons fault..

Any player can be outplayed.  Doesn't matter the skill level, Jason against a few high-skilled counselors and the wrong things happening to him can be killed. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Any player can be outplayed.  Doesn't matter the skill level, Jason against a few high-skilled counselors and the wrong things happening to him can be killed. 

Im just sayin'.. Jason can be uncatchable if he chooses to.  

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im just sayin'.. Jason can be uncatchable if he chooses to.  

It's not a matter of choice.  Being outplayed mean that despite a players efforts, he was bested.

If you mean Jason running away or being "one with the fishes", well while that does make things more difficult, he can still be tricked or otherwise caught off guard if the counselors are creative. 

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

It's not a matter of choice.  Being outplayed mean that despite a players efforts, he was bested.

I disagree..  Jasons skill set used defensively makes him uncatchable. A Jason player is allowing himself for a chance to be killed, so it is Jasons fault if he dies.  

And any idiot can jump in the lake.    Im just saying.. its not easy to kill Jason. Unless Jason allows it... Or hes half a sleep or a newbie

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

I disagree..  Jasons skill set used defensively makes him uncatchable. A Jason player is allowing himself for a chance to be killed, so it is Jasons fault if he dies.  

And any idiot can jump in the lake.    Im just saying.. its not easy to kill Jason. Unless Jason allows it... Or hes half a sleep or a newbie

If I recall, you're on PS4.  If you wanna test that, I'm sure @Tommy86 will be happy to oblige.  If on PC, I can put you though this test.

• Sad 1

On 8/29/2018 at 11:54 PM, Xiertic said:

I wouldn't bother with this game to be honest. It's was a far better game five months ago.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

If I recall, you're on PS4.  If you wanna test that, I'm sure @Tommy86 will be happy to oblige.  If on PC, I can put you though this test.

Im on xbox..  And you what?. Wanna 2 vs 1 me..lol?

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Im on xbox..  And you what?. Wanna 2 vs 1 me..lol?

If we were playing on the same platform, well yea maybe.  Ether I'll bring one buddy, or just by myself and pad out the rest of the lobby with randoms, hopefully you with on Jason pref will get a fair amount of games in.   Had a game earlier today, only a 5 player lobby, and directed a Lvl.5 Tommy into Killing a 100+ lvl Jason.  Seriously, even 1 highly knowledgeable and skilled player is enough to make the Jason kill a threat in every game.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If we were playing on the same platform, well yea maybe.  Ether I'll bring one buddy, or just by myself and pad out the rest of the lobby with randoms, hopefully you with on Jason pref will get a fair amount of games in.   Had a game earlier today, only a 5 player lobby, and directed a Lvl.5 Tommy into Killing a 100+ lvl Jason.  Seriously, even 1 highly knowledgeable and skilled player is enough to make the Jason kill a threat in every game.

Problem is.. If i know players are trying to kill me PRE game.  Its not gonna happen.  

Besides I'll let all the randoms escape or survive and just focus on you..  And protecting the shack. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Besides I'll let all the randoms escape or survive and just focus on you..  And protecting the shack.

People have said that to me before and I've still got them.  If you make any legit attempt to fight/kill me, you will leave yourself exposed to the Kill.  You kill me first, mask probably would have been loosened if not off, and I still have a chance too come back as Tommy and convince one of the girls to go along with it.  I'm not known as the "QP Killer" for no reason brother ;).

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Problem is.. If i know players are trying to kill me PRE game.  Its not gonna happen. 

If you are alluding to immediately hiding in the waters, then why bother playing as Jason.  If you are going to be a bitch and NOT play Jason, why even set your pref to Jason?  Just hide behind counselor pref and protect your glass ego.   In the other topic you said yourself that.....

15 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Jason is a showman.. Way i see it. A good Jason kills with style and puts on a show. A skilled Jason player without style isn't that good, since theyy lack the latter...   Jasons job is to kill and entertain.

..... which how does (not) playing in such a matter being a showman?  I understand more than anyone that Sweater + Tommy overwhelmingly shifts the game in Counselor's favor, it is the Jason player responsibility to prevent that scenario from being achieved.  There are several precautions to take, but like any strategy, it is not always guaranteed, and can happen anyways (Sweater + Tommy) if the Jason player is unlucky or been straight-up outplayed.  You have more to gain by being resourceful and scraping it out, playing mind-games to take them out or waste the sweater than to completely bitch-out.  If you choose the latter, that's a admission of defeat, Jason has surrendered essentially saying "I give up I give up!!!! Please don't hurt me!!!".  That is WEAK SHIT and isn't anything like a "Showman" that you yourself claim a Jason should be.  If you run to the waters, you are a hypocrite my friend.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

If you are alluding to immediately hiding in the waters, then why bother playing as Jason.  If you are going to be a bitch and NOT play Jason, why even set your pref to Jason?  Just hide behind counselor pref and protect your glass ego.   In the other topic you said yourself that.....

You call me out acting like you're some sort of GODS GIFT to this game and act like you can kill me 'easily'.  Heres the thing, i don't give fuck what you think.  

If you annoy me, and act like you're gonna kill me.  I'll chop your head off and kick it around camp crystal lake for the next 15 mins of the game, and not give a shit about what anyone else is doing in game.  Just me and your melon like that movie with Tom Hanks stuck on a island.  And thats me being nice about it.

Alluding to jumping in the lake?     The whole JUMPING in the lake thing was response to how easy it is to kill Jason..  And i simply responded about how easily anyone can avoid being killed. Jumping in the lake was ONE example.

As i said.. Any idiot can jump in the lake.  That did not mean IM the one JUMPING in the lake anytime things go south.

And for the record.. If i had a nipple for every time someone ran their stupid mouths about how they are going to KILL ME as JASON and failed.. Id be the BREAST DAMN JASON player ever.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

You call me out acting like you're some sort of GODS GIFT to this game and act like you can kill me 'easily'.  Heres the thing, i don't give fuck what you think.  Because its not gonna happen

If you annoy me, and act like you're gonna kill me.  I'll chop your head off and kick it around camp crystal lake for the next 15 mins of the game, and not give a shit what anyone else is doing in the game.  Just me and you're melon like that movie with Tom Hanks stuck on a island.  And thats me being nice about it.

Alluding to jumping in the lake?     The whole JUMPING in the lake thing was response to how easy it it to kill Jason..  And i simply responded about how easily anyone can avoid being killed.

As i said.. Any idiot can jump in the lake.  That did not mean IM the one JUMPING in the lake anytime things go south.

And for the record.. If i had a nipple for every time someone ran their stupid mouths about how they are going to KILL ME as JASON and failed.. Id be the BREAST DAMN JASON player ever.  

Blah blah blah, can you say something to me that I haven't heard before?  It is unfortunate that we play on different platforms because I woundn't hesitate partaking in a challenge.  You say I am GODS GIFT?   How about your high and might attitude that you can't be outplayed as Jason?   You can lose, just like any other person.  Yes, becoming a "fishman" is a option at any moment when you decide you lost your balls, but in that hypnotic game I'll be just as satisfied, if not more, as if I killed you by exposing you if you are such as pussy.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Blah blah blah, can you say something to me that I haven't heard before?  It is unfortunate that we play on different platforms because I woundn't hesitate partaking in a challenge.  You say I am GODS GIFT?   How about your high and might attitude that you can't be outplayed as Jason?   You can lose, just like any other person.  Yes, becoming a "fishman" is a option at any moment when you decide you lost your balls, but in that hypnotic game I'll be just as satisfied, if not more, as if I killed you by exposing you if you are such as pussy.

blah blah blah blughhhhh

Only reason id jump in the lake is to play with your dead body..lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Only reason id jump in the lake is to play with your dead body..lol

You are not going to kill me hiding there.  If you want me dead, you are going to have to get out and meet you fate >:)

Just giving you a heads up.  F13 is on humble bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/spooky-horror-bundle-2018?partner=raalphn

Have a good enough PC already prove which one of us is full of it :D.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

You are not going to kill me hiding there. 

What hiding? What are you even talking about? 

WTF? lol

• Haha 1