Sign in to follow this  
HaHaTrumpWon

Jasons: What makes you 'unique'?

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm not sure how many games you've got in since the recent patch, but they remove my last known method of sweater canceling (the item drop method), so what I'm aware of it requires minimum 3 players to preform the "Cosby Sweater"................ of course unless you know yet another way of Sweater Canceling :3.  Which in that case would you please PM me with the details :D.

Sure do, sending PM now. :D

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

That is a very shallow perspective.  Just because there is no payout or competition doesn't exempt any game from players seeking out the most optimal play.  I'm a try-hard, so if I get invested in a game, I'll try to participate in it at the highest level of play I can achieve.

Im a realist..   Its got nothing to do with a shallow perspective.    F13th IS a 8 player Slasher PARTY game.  So being a Try Hard in F13th is like being a Try Hard in Mario Party

Try Hard = Take things too seriously, always using the most efficient ways of playing.  Its got nothing to do with getting invested.

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Wrong attitude to have, promotes poor and shameful play (or lack of), and boring for both parties and entertains no one.

Im just telling it how it tho..  So its got nothing to do with promoting anything.  Jason getting killed is Jason fault because Jason allows himself to be put into a position to be killed.  Thats the reality of Jason getting killed.

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im a realist..   Its got nothing to do with a shallow perspective.    F13th IS a 8 player Slasher PARTY game.  So being a Try Hard in F13th is like being a Try Hard in Mario Party

Try Hard = Take things too seriously, always using the most efficient ways of playing.  Its got nothing to do with getting invested.

2 words - Smash Bros. If you don’t understand this comparison then it’s best we end the discussion here.

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im just telling it how it tho..  So its got nothing to do with promoting anything.  Jason getting killed is Jason fault because Jason allows himself to be put into a position to be killed.  Thats the reality of Jason getting killed.

You’re not telling it like it is. You are simply trying to defend someone literally not playing the game at all just to avoid a potential loss. A Jason sitting edge of the map in water is exactly that. If this is what someone bases 0 deaths on then that is simply pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

You’re not telling it like it is. You are simply trying to defend someone literally not playing the game at all just to avoid a potential loss. A Jason sitting edge of the map in water is exactly that. If this is what someone bases 0 deaths on then it is simply pathetic.

Actually i am telling it how it is.. 

And im not defending anything.. Im JUST TELLING IT HOW IT IS.  (See what i mean)

If you don't like people hiding in water.. Go find someone who's doing it and cry to them.  I got not nothing to do with this.

21 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Until you play with me, :lol:

You use CS often, I'm sure. You think that's why it happens so frequently? I mean EVERY TIME my block reaches its apex and I get hit at the same time, or my hit lands same time as Jason. It got to the point where first contact, 1-2 mins into the game and I'm locked. All I could do was try to make it to water. That was the only way to break it for me. No one else had this issue, but they admittedly don't use CS.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Actually i am telling it how it is..

No you're not.  You are tell it how you believe it is.  Any game can be turned competitive if players come together and designate a rule-set to abide with.  That is exactly what happened with Smash Bro, a game where the Lead-designer Sakurai himself once stated that it was intended to be Party game.  If you wanna play a game casually, that is perfectly fine, but don't discourage others from taking it more seriously if they want to because you don't want to feel inferior when you cross paths with them.

4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

2 words - Smash Bros. If you don’t understand this comparison then it’s best we end the discussion here.

You’re not telling it like it is. You are simply trying to defend someone literally not playing the game at all just to avoid a potential loss. A Jason sitting edge of the map in water is exactly that. If this is what someone bases 0 deaths on then that is simply pathetic.

Word bro B)

3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

You use CS often, I'm sure. You think that's why it happens so frequently? I mean EVERY TIME my block reaches its apex and I get hit at the same time, or my hit lands same time as Jason. It got to the point where first contact, 1-2 mins into the game and I'm locked. All I could do was try to make it to water. That was the only way to break it for me. No one else had this issue, but they admittedly don't use CS.

While its mostly on the counselor side, I think the one you mentioned with Jason is the one where Jason gets stuck in "select power modes" which the game thinks R1 is held, usually happens if you are still holding block while toggling off CS.  It's better to just "run cancel", as you know hitting L3 will also exit combat stance to prevent this lockout.  If you get stuck it in, you can ether press R1 to exit out or use a power, like sense, to fix yourself.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

No you're not.  You are tell it how you believe it is. 

Im telling it exactly how it is.   Its got nothing to do with what i believe...

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im telling it exactly how it is.   Its got nothing to do with what i believe...

Which part?  That this game, or any other game for that matter can't be played in a competitive manner or a Jason choice of being a fishman, which he is voluntarily forfeiting the game?

8 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Which part?  That this game, or any other game for that matter can't be played in a competitive manner or a Jason choice of being a fishman, which he is voluntarily forfeiting the game?

You seem extremely fixated on Jason jumping in a lake...  Its not my fault people do it.   Constantly blabbering to me about it doesn't change anything.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

You seem extremely fixated on Jason jumping in a lake...  Its not my fault people do it.   Constantly blabbering to me about it doesn't change anything.

You're the one who also stated that ....

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

... so I wanted you to clarify what you just meant.  Jason's role is to kill other players.  Nothing will stop a player from going to the safety of the waters if he decides to, but then he is no longer playing Jason.  He is admitting defeat when there is still game left to be played and is nothing to brag about to maintain "unkilled" status.  Its shameful, completely selfish, and isn't (not)playing for any reason the a sorry excuses of an ego.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

You're the one who also stated that ....

Saying that players can do this.. and will do this. Does not make me the official spokesperson of the JUMP IN LAKE fan club. 

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Saying that players can do this.. and will do this. Does not make me the official spokesperson of the JUMP IN LAKE fan club. 

But I bet you will ;)

I have played since launch and I am effected by a nasty bug that started a month after launch. 

I have tried everything to get rid of it and all of my bug reports have gone unanswered

While hardly unique,  my preferred tactic is long range shift grabs. I love scarring the shit out of the person who had no idea I was coming. 

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

While its mostly on the counselor side, I think the one you mentioned with Jason is the one where Jason gets stuck in "select power modes" which the game thinks R1 is held, usually happens if you are still holding block while toggling off CS.  It's better to just "run cancel", as you know hitting L3 will also exit combat stance to prevent this lockout.  If you get stuck it in, you can ether press R1 to exit out or use a power, like sense, to fix yourself. 

Yeah, exactly! So when I block as J, the block connects and I hit L3 to sprint in for the grab. I'm locked, when I time the L3 toggle immediately after the block is successful. And I'm action locked like you said as far as using powers, but no movement or slash until I get to water. Or oddly enough, I can shift into a power box to break it and unlock myself as well. It won't go away by shift, sense, morph or stalk. Only water, or an action prompt like a window break/power box break. I can only use powers to move, or the little steps he takes when attempting a grab. And that's only the one I get for blocking... Lol! The other one is the one where you gotta get hit again to be unlocked. I get that when I hit from CS at the same time as I'm being hit. I'm sure you know all about that one so I won't bore you with details. But, those are the main two issues I have with Jason play.

I was told that I'm a scary Jason player or a fast Jason. Since I played so much I know how to effectively morph on counselor spawn positions at the start of the game. I am consistent with window punishes and throwing knives but I still sometimes miss shift grabs. I rarely trap the objectives too, instead I try to kill counselors in enclosed areas where the objective parts spawn and that often buys me alot of time. If I catch a car then I would trap the driver's side. 

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Yeah, exactly! So when I block as J, the block connects and I hit L3 to sprint in for the grab. I'm locked, when I time the L3 toggle immediately after the block is successful. And I'm action locked like you said as far as using powers, but no movement or slash until I get to water. Or oddly enough, I can shift into a power box to break it and unlock myself as well. It won't go away by shift, sense, morph or stalk. Only water, or an action prompt like a window break/power box break. I can only use powers to move, or the little steps he takes when attempting a grab. And that's only the one I get for blocking... Lol! The other one is the one where you gotta get hit again to be unlocked. I get that when I hit from CS at the same time as I'm being hit. I'm sure you know all about that one so I won't bore you with details. But, those are the main two issues I have with Jason play.

Not sure if it the same one I mention, if so the I haven't had it happen or not enough for me to take notice.  All I can suggest then is be sure to release R1 fulling after you block before ether toggling or running out of CS.

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Not sure if it the same one I mention, if so the I haven't had it happen or not enough for me to take notice.  All I can suggest then is be sure to release R1 fulling after you block before ether toggling or running out of CS.

Ok, I'll try that next time I'm on. Maybe I held block too long? It's possible... Actually, that might make sense because when I get action locked I always get a very short pause where I'm stuck in block for just a moment. Thanks for your insight, I'll have to tweak my timing a bit and see what happens.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, Tommy86 said:

I guarantee you would not see such a poor decision from an experienced player. So my advice is do not judge Stalk’s effectiveness purely on your ability to ambush average counselors (or those prone to mistakes).

Poor decisions come from experienced players all the time... it happens... no one is perfect. The player I was talking about is not on my friends list, but I have been running into her since I got the game and she was max level then... Gave me a hell of a time in the beginning... which is why I remember her... the rude part is why I never sent a friend request.
   There are really not a lot of people I have run into with extensive knowledge of the game's mechanics like you have... and a few other on these forums. But there are a few out there in quick play... and sometimes they make mistakes too.
    I screw up with tactics like this sometimes... sometimes it is the other players making a simple mistake... sometimes it is just overconfidence or over ( or under) estimating the other player. My point is, these tactics still work on experienced players quite often.... but like anything else does not work every time due to mitigating circumstances. People that I play with on a regular basis have tried to counter my tactics many times... sometimes they are successful, sometimes not... I change up tactics consistently on them to keep them guessing, but it is always more difficult against knowledgeable and skilled players... as it should be.
   The rest of your reply post was filled with good advice as always.

I recently haven't been talking, but i play to mes and scare with people. One game when I got rage, I just stalked and watched the last 2 counselors finish the boat from behind a tree. The spotted me and I tried to hide more behind this skinny tree, they laughed it off and, for whatever reason, got in the boat. I was Part VIII, and survival mistakes were made. RIP boat lovers.

• Like 1

I know that probably no one in this thread will agree with me on this one but to me, killing a counselor 30 seconds into the game just seems like such a complete bitch-move. The round is 20 minutes long, and now 19 of them will be spent watching everyone else have fun playing (assuming they don't leave).  Last night I spawned at the phone cabin (as Debbie) and before she even finished her opening dialogue, Jason teleports right to it. In fairness, that's pretty much what you should expect if you spawn at the phone cabin but come ON! Long story short, got killed very soon afterwards by a Jason who didn't even bother to trap the fuse-box and instead just tunneled the first counselor he saw. To me, that just seems like you're desperate for kills.

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I know that probably no one in this thread will agree with me on this one but to me, killing a counselor 30 seconds into the game just seems like such a complete bitch-move. The round is 20 minutes long, and now 19 of them will be spent watching everyone else have fun playing (assuming they don't leave).  Last night I spawned at the phone cabin (as Debbie) and before she even finished her opening dialogue, Jason teleports right to it. In fairness, that's pretty much what you should expect if you spawn at the phone cabin but come ON! Long story short, got killed very soon afterwards by a Jason who didn't even bother to trap the fuse-box and instead just tunneled the first counselor he saw. To me, that just seems like you're desperate for kills.

It is very unfun to die in the beginning of round but that happened one time to me and there was like 19 minutes left and I came back as Jarvis and me and my friend killed Jason. I was out for blood against that Jason.

Now when I am Jason I’ll spawn to the phone house and I’ll trap it and break down the door(s). If anybody is there I’ll scare them away unless they engage me in combat then they are dying. There have been times where the phone box was directly at Packanack and I killer poor Debbie before I even got my sense ability and it is nice to get an early kill but I felt like a douche for killing her so quickly. 

There are just those times where you can get 2 or 3 kills before you’ve even gotten shift. I’ve wiped entire lobbies out before I even got stalk unlocked. You can pretty much get a feel if it will be a fast game or not.

On 8/31/2018 at 6:18 PM, HuDawg said:

Jason is a showman.. Way i see it. A good Jason kills with style and puts on a show. A skilled Jason player without style isn't that good, since theyy lack the latter...   Jasons job is to kill and entertain. Unless Jason is being forced to put skill over style .   

Agreed. Jason players that do the same kill over and over again eight times in a row are just half-assed and boring. No personality whatsoever. If you see me by a fireplace, DO NOT head punch me...throw me in the fireplace. Like what are you scared of Jason? I can’t break free and nobody is in sight? Do a cool environmental kill, gives you more XP (if you even need it) and gives more entertainment. 

Not really a bitch move. But yeah it sucks for that person. I show up to set my trap. If you run I won't bother chasing you. If you hang around or try to fight me then you're fair game. If the kill is there then I'll take it but I'm not going to tunnel down that first person I see.

47 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Not really a bitch move. But yeah it sucks for that person. I show up to set my trap. If you run I won't bother chasing you. If you hang around or try to fight me then you're fair game. If the kill is there then I'll take it but I'm not going to tunnel down that first person I see.

There's nothing wrong with a super-early kill if the counselor attacks you first (or goes right for the sweater immediately after spawning in). But that aside, not even letting a counselor get past the first 1-2 minutes of the game is just a really shitty way to play. Most of the time the counselor in the phone cabin bolts the minute I get there. Sometimes they get into combat stance, in which case I usually just walk right past them. In those cases they usually get the hint and leave on their own.