Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheHansonGoons

Shotgun not working

Recommended Posts

Lately when playing I have been hit with the shotgun and not get stunned. I have seen this twice at least. Sorry @Thatguyinktown

Earlier I "used" it but it never made a sound and definitely didn't stun Jason. I didn't think it registered for a second, but then I know I "used" it because she stood still for 2 or 3 seconds in front of Jason(which obviously led to me being grabbed) and dropped it. Pings were ranging from 80-140ms so that couldn't have been a factor. 

I play on Xbox. Anyone else noticed this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit detection has never been consistent and they are many reason why this may happen even beyond my understanding.  Many times I've have a clean hit at Jason and my swing will just pass though his body as if there was no hit box on Jason himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Hit detection has never been consistent and they are many reason why this may happen even beyond my understanding.  Many times I've have a clean hit at Jason and my swing will just pass though his body as if there was no hit box on Jason himself. 

I know what you mean. It's so frustrating to get killed because your hit didn't register. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about the million times Jason’s hits pash though? Or whiffing on a grab when the person is standing right next to you, Jason’s combat and grab are  pathetic, couslers shouldn’t even have combat, they aren’t marines, Jason needs all the help he can get

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I'm imagining a Jason in a completely different session is getting stunned out of nowhere. 

This could be a desync, packet loss or something similar. Network play has always been a bit spotty as it usually is when you have to rely on peer connections. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

How about the million times Jason’s hits pash though? Or whiffing on a grab when the person is standing right next to you, Jason’s combat and grab are  pathetic, couslers shouldn’t even have combat, they aren’t marines, Jason needs all the help he can get

Shitty hit detection effects both counselors and Jason, its not exclusive.  Counselors shouldn't have combat?  Why not.  Survivors in the movies has always fought back, with the ones killed not armed because Jason was in stalk mode.  Do you want Counselors to run around the map without any means of regaining stamina or buying time?  That would get boring fast and I indefinably wouldn't stick around with such limiting options, both from a counselors and Jason perspective.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

How about the million times Jason’s hits pash though? Or whiffing on a grab when the person is standing right next to you, Jason’s combat and grab are  pathetic, couslers shouldn’t even have combat, they aren’t marines, Jason needs all the help he can get

That would be boring AF! The counselors being able to fight back is what makes this game stand out to me. I have no desire to play DBD because they can't fight back. Granted, I don't really play video games much because I get bored and like reading more. But, I play Diablo 3 and F13 when I get the urge. Because I love to kill demons, and I love the Friday the 13th franchise. Combat in this game is very fun, but also incredibly frustrating when you know you scored a hit but it didn't register. Without the combat this game would sway too far in Jason's favor. Besides, Ginny and Paul, Chris Higgins, Trish and Tommy Jarvis weren't marines!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I know what you mean. It's so frustrating to get killed because your hit didn't register. 

 

3 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

That would be boring AF! The counselors being able to fight back is what makes this game stand out to me. I have no desire to play DBD because they can't fight back. Granted, I don't really play video games much because I get bored and like reading more. But, I play Diablo 3 and F13 when I get the urge. Because I love to kill demons, and I love the Friday the 13th franchise. Combat in this game is very fun, but also incredibly frustrating when you know you scored a hit but it didn't register. Without the combat this game would sway too far in Jason's favor. Besides, Ginny and Paul, Chris Higgins, Trish and Tommy Jarvis weren't marines!

It’s supposed to be in Jason’s favor, you obviously didn’t play the game at launch, the devs catered to people like you, obviously a counselor main, Counselors should be able to fight back but not bully Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

 

It’s supposed to be in Jason’s favor, you obviously didn’t play the game at launch, the devs catered to people like you, obviously a counselor main, Counselors should be able to fight back but not bully Jason.

Not sure if that was directed at me or at Redrum, but check your assumptions. Nobody said it wasn't supposed to be in Jason's favor. Nobody said that Jason didn't also get shafted by bad hit detection. As for the counselor main accusation, that's just a really silly statement. You throw it out there as though it somehow means something. We're all counselor mains due to the  Jason selection process. It also doesn't matter if you're a Jason preference or counselor preference as you should be calling for a fair and balanced game. Lastly to your point about Jason getting bullied, that's on the player. If you're playing as Jason, and you're getting treated like a punching bag, barring bad hit detection or other coding flaws,  that's your fault. Just as if you get butchered with ridiculous ease as a counselor it's on you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

 

It’s supposed to be in Jason’s favor, you obviously didn’t play the game at launch, the devs catered to people like you, obviously a counselor main, Counselors should be able to fight back but not bully Jason.

Jason had the same fundamental flaws at launch as he does now, but admittedly he was stronger than currently.  The bigger difference was everyone was new, and noob Jason will easily win over noob counselors (remember when Chads was shit tier while AJ was Top lol) .   It wasn't until maybe 2 months after came the rise of combat orientated counselors.  The balance was perfect (for what we expected for this game at least :rolleyes:) right before the engine update, but Jason can still be played effectively and is only as ineffective as the player behind him. 

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Lastly to your point about Jason getting bullied, that's on the player. If you're playing as Jason, and you're getting treated like a punching bag, barring bad hit detection or other coding flaws,  that's your fault. Just as if you get butchered with ridiculous ease as a counselor it's on you.

That felt like something I would have typed.  Sir you get a like. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends when you shoot. If you shoot Jason while he's doing a kill, pulling someone out of the car, taking a knife out of his neck, or walking out of a trap then he won't get stunned because of stun immunity to prevent chain stuns and stun locks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well , Jason stood in the door…..Point blank shot in his dick...…...Didn't stun but next to the Exit door were like 8 holes…..

Well , when he shifts he also doesn't get stunned but he didn't shift in your case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, F13 Fail said:

At some point you were able to, I don't remember that being removed though. It might have been some bug, but I clearly remember shooting Jason one time as he started his shift and it knocked him out of it. He barely moved from it before he was stunned.

Well , I just died because of this yesterday and I use it often against a shotgun or Flare user.

And seems like you just joined , soooo…...

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

 

It’s supposed to be in Jason’s favor, you obviously didn’t play the game at launch, the devs catered to people like you, obviously a counselor main, Counselors should be able to fight back but not bully Jason.

Hahahaha!!!! I played from day 1! Been 150 forever! I'm not even getting into this with you, without combat this game would be FAR too easy for Jason. You say they catered to guys like me huh? Like you know me right?  Sounds to me like you have never read any posts from me, I have always wanted Jason to be as powerful as possible. I am in Jason's favor because I like the challenge. I play to escape the lake, not kill Jason. Always have been, from day 1. Check your facts before you toss shade at me pal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had video evidence of what I mean. One incident was @Thatguyinktown shot me while I was walking up to the phone box to smash it. No other animations happening. Point blank shot. No stun or anything. I heard how puzzled he was  I smashed the box. I almost let him run away because I realize he got screwed over by a bug.

This time for me Jason just killed someone. Out of animation. Walking up to me slowly. I used firecrackers to stun, but he walked around them. I hit the button to shoot, but no noise was made, and he continued to walk up to me head on. Fox stood there for a couple seconds and slowly dropped the shotgun. Reticle had been perfectly on Jason. He walked directly to me. No shot was fired, yet it got used.

I have had the game since launch. I know about the terrible FPS engine. I know when I miss with a shot. This one was clean on. I was host so i dont think a great ping spike occurred to make the gun not make noise on my end, as well as miss a point blank shot in the chest.

I agree combat mechanics are still garbage, even after switching from box to cone hit detection. Especially with tridents and spears. Even just swinging often turns your character in undesired ways since the auto aim or focus is trash in this game. Those are minor nuances that sometimes lead to a death. I figure if those happen, I got too comfortable in fighting a masked serial killer and should have tried something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Hahahaha!!!! I played from day 1! Been 150 forever! I'm not even getting into this with you, without combat this game would be FAR too easy for Jason. You say they catered to guys like me huh? Like you know me right?  Sounds to me like you have never read any posts from me, I have always wanted Jason to be as powerful as possible. I am in Jason's favor because I like the challenge. I play to escape the lake, not kill Jason. Always have been, from day 1. Check your facts before you toss shade at me pal!

Not tossing shade, I’m a backer(since it was Sleepaway Camp) have been level 150 one week after  made a  level 150, clean the lobby 98% of the time as well,  If you played in the beginning than you would know that they made Jason a bitch, nerf grab, horrible combat, added window promp which gives couslers a 3 second  safe force field , marked car parts and fuses, more perks etc.... etc... etc.... they did nothing for Jason , they grab still sucks, he goes down even more easy, and the minimal speed increase they gave him was taken away long ago, people don’t pay attention enough to notice . If you really were here from the beginning you would know these things, there are so many people on this forum who give their two sense in that don’t even own the game, that is fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Not tossing shade, I’m a backer(since it was Sleepaway Camp) have been level 150 one week after  made a  level 150, clean the lobby 98% of the time as well,  If you played in the beginning than you would know that they made Jason a bitch, nerf grab, horrible combat, added window promp which gives couslers a 3 second  safe force field , marked car parts and fuses, more perks etc.... etc... etc.... they did nothing for Jason , they grab still sucks, he goes down even more easy, and the minimal speed increase they gave him was taken away long ago, people don’t pay attention enough to notice . If you really were here from the beginning you would know these things, there are so many people on this forum who give their two sense in that don’t even own the game, that is fact.

Of course I know those things, I went through them too and hated it. But, without the combat this game would suck. Yes, Jason is weak AF now! That's exactly why I don't hunt him, I try to escape and help others do so. The only time I hunt, or troll Jason is if he's mouthing off and being a douche. I'm one of the weirdos who bought this game to escape Jason, not to be him. In the movies I only rooted for him in part 7 when he killed Tina's doctor, 8 when he dunked the principal in that nasty drum. And when he fought Freddy. I main Mitch, and AJ and Jenny at launch. Lol, and I DO know what you mean about people who don't own the game chiming in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...