Sign in to follow this  
Adammakesbeats

I’m in the “salt mines” for no reason

I don’t quit the game ever, yet here I am? Was going to post a picture of me waiting 14 minutes. Going on 18, what’s the deal?

Xbox.

A messed up game is the deal. Bad coding is the deal. Not testing properly  before publishing is the deal. Saltmines are a failure.

Can´t this be another bug? I thought it tells you when you are put in the saltmines?

1 minute ago, Adammakesbeats said:

And this is one hour of waiting looks like https://ibb.co/fwmaQ9

Don’t worry I was making some spaghetti for the bulk of the time.

If I could, I'd give you 50,000 CP for a good bowl of spaghetti right about now...

No, you don’t want this. I was so busy with the sauce that I just dropped the noodles in the pot before the water got to a boil. Gummy spaghetti. Oh well.

9 minutes ago, Adammakesbeats said:

No, you don’t want this. I was so busy with the sauce that I just dropped the noodles in the pot before the water got to a boil. Gummy spaghetti. Oh well.

Hey, better luck next time.

It’s some sort of connection problem. I would have unplugged and rebooted if it ever got to the 3 minute point without at least putting me into my own lobby. 

There is no such thing as saltmines on PS4 or Xbox it’s just another thing that the devs lied about, people rage quitting has never been worse, when a match is over you are lucky to have 3 in a lobby,  they quit whe you grab them, they quit after they knife you and know they are going to die, they quit as Jason as well.

if there were salt mines they wouldn’t have a player base at this point, I may add that I am a backer, play the game twice a week for maybe 3 hours total, I play with 2 friends and we never quit, even when people are teaming. Most of the time we will make sure one of us has the lobby before entering a game, this helps a tad but not much .

This game just has to many 11 and under kids playing, and never had developers who were competent enough to maintain this game.

edit... I’ve played three games in between writing this,  1st game I was Jason ... 3 out of 8 people quit before I even saw them another quit after I slashed them to make them limp because I knew they probably had a knife, I grabbed they knifed me then quit, killed the others.

2nd game car escapes with 3 people quick, Jason chases me around, but is having trouble, quits (match over as he is the host)

3rd game 4 people quit after the opening scene, Jason kills the host....(match ends host quits)

I have an update! I was able to play again and got called every name in the book for being a terrible Jason. I’ll take it!

Sad news though, I had to throw the spaghetti away.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, Adammakesbeats said:

I have an update! I was able to play again and got called every name in the book for being a terrible Jason. I’ll take it!

Sad news though, I had to throw the spaghetti away.

There's no such thing as a Terrible Jason b/c Jason gameplay is handicapped. If you can kill even one counselor, I consider you an adept Jason. 3 - 4 You're an experienced Jason.

6+ Counselors and you are an expert Jason.

4 hours ago, Caulus said:

There's no such thing as a Terrible Jason b/c Jason gameplay is handicapped.

No, such comment is only an excuses and shifts the responsibility of improving in favor of complaining.  Sure Jason could use a bit more to help balance is a game full of veteran players, but it's not to the extent where he is helpless.  Every group of players I've been with have stated my Jason is very good, and they are all the 150lvl, dedicated, Jason "Hit Squad" player variants.  I'm not saying even I can't have a bad game (if everything aligns favorably for counselors I'll be placed in a comprised position), but a mass majority of my games I ether kill most or clean house.  Ultimately, I really don't care about my kill count.  I just play to get as many as I can, if they manage to escape on me, they earned it.  The only thing I won't tolerated is to allow myself to be bullied.  Any counselors will get a rude awakening if they think they can tangle with me too long without any plans other than just to fight me.

The thing that Jason players need to realize is they're two type of counselor players.  Those who can not fight Jason, and those who can.  Jason was designed to deal with the former, but in order to effectively fend off battle ready players, Jason himself must be also battle ready.  It helps tremendously as a Jason player to be able to play a battle orientated style with counselor as you will know many of the tricks and techniques and how to counter them.  Majority of the Jasons I see that get turned into a pinata are also unable to fight Jason as counselors. 

Overall, Jason is harder to play than counselors at higher levels.  The Jason player has to be at least as good the best counselor player on the map to effectively contain the game as well as have good understanding of priorities and able to wear down groups.  Even the best Jasons, from time to time, will get their ass kicked, but that isn't a reason to make excuses that Jason is handicapped to the point of uselessness.  Every humbling experience should give you a drive and feedback needed to improve.  Let stop with the excesses.

I always start and start again the lobby research until I'm chosen as the host. I prefer to throw away 10-15, even 20 minutes before start playing but at least then I play properly, with proper ping, in the maps I like and no risk to have the match interrupted by some lowlife scam.
Salt mines are a joke from the beginning and protect toxic players instead of punishing them.

• Like 1