Sign in to follow this  
Thatguyinktown

Dead by Daylight director thoughts on F13s end of development

>Did you get an influx of players when Friday the 13th, they had to stop development? Lost their license?

At that time, it didn't matter, really. They sold a lot of copies, but as far as I can tell… they didn't have a lot of active players. They just sold a lot of copies. So for us it didn't really matter, didn't really have an impact. It was irrelevant at the time.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-dead-by-daylight-proved-analysts-wrong-and-became-one-of-the-biggest-games-on-steam/

• Like 1

Normally I would say it's in poor taste to discuss your competition directly by name as a professional courtesy, but he's not entirely wrong.

35 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Normally I would say it's in poor taste to discuss your competition directly by name as a professional courtesy, but he's not entirely wrong.

I think it's important to note that it was brought up by the interviewer, not the director. And entirely too true when he stated that any boost to DBD they may have seen since June is negligible since Friday the 13th didn't have much of a playerbase even before that time.

• Haha 2

His comments are trash talk, nothing more or less. Having the only real game to do asymmetrical horror right on the ropes, allows them to claim a title they don’t really deserve, the innovation in dbd is minimal. The game has a better balance, if you can call it that because it traps the Survivors in one place while repairing generators for extended periods of time. The game can be fun but it has no real growth just cosmetics. I get were he’s coming from when he answers the question, it’s clearly a place of relief. 

The place that this game left off in is still better than Dbd, I don’t think of them as real direct competitors, they’re only compared because we don’t have anything better to compare Friday too. I think he’s glad that the comparison will fade, it grants them more status. 

Edit - I don’t blame him for it, he probably dreams of being the rainbow 6 of asymmetrical horror.

• Like 1

Dead By Daylight's trash. It's cool they got Halloween, but that's it.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The article was a good read overall. It sounds like their team has much planned for the future. I also read about their new project "Deathgarden".

https://www.pcgamer.com/deathgarden-is-a-weird-exhilarating-game-of-lethal-hide-and-seek-from-the-creators-of-dead-by-daylight/

Despite their continued success, I still enjoy Friday the 13th.

DG is pretty so so, but yeah, more power to them. 

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

DG is pretty so so, but yeah, more power to them. 

DG looks like an intriguing take on the whole asymmetrical game dynamic. I'll try it out before passing judgment.

the only thing i like about dbd is it has real progression, other than that im not a fan, the licensed killers could be nice, i didnt buy them so idk, but the base killers are so limited its just not fun, plus the backward ass camera is stupid imo, suvivors should be in 1st an killers in 3rd in any "horror" type game, an the suvivors just run around an fix generators an thats it, an then we have the hooks, i like F13 bc we kill our prey, we dont slap them in the back an carry them to the almighty spider, every kill is a unique kill with different weapons, enviromental kills, you can even kill jason, dbd i respect it but i dont like it at all