HaHaTrumpWon

Irritating shit done by fellow counselors?

Marking items on the map instead of taking them to the objective.  This is really bad on Pinehurst because its a big map. Players think they are helping marking gas at the bottom of the map when the car is at the top.  Then the want a ride when the car is started.  GTFO. 

3 hours ago, IronCatFish said:

Marking items on the map instead of taking them to the objective.  This is really bad on Pinehurst because its a big map. Players think they are helping marking gas at the bottom of the map when the car is at the top.  Then the want a ride when the car is started.  GTFO. 

Hey, it’s better than nothing, and if the gas is at the bottom then it is likely meant for the boat. I don’t expect slower characters to do the legwork and I only do it myself if I am interested in the objective. I’ve escaped by boat plenty of times by myself because others have been kind enough to mark the propeller for me. 

4 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Hey, it’s better than nothing, and if the gas is at the bottom then it is likely meant for the boat. I don’t expect slower characters to do the legwork and I only do it myself if I am interested in the objective. I’ve escaped by boat plenty of times by myself because others have been kind enough to mark the propeller for me. 

Agreed.  Not everyone plays to escape, but at least can take the moment to mark the part so others can get the objectives going.  This usually helps me, since once a car or fused get pushed I may have a opportunity to grab the sweater unchallenged.

16 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I agree with this. There was a time where I ran objective parts to their objectives. I would average 3 parts per match and do you think I ever got a ride once? No. I'll still do it from time to time and I'll even risk my ass to hit Jason to protect them while they repair or to stop him from morphing to an objective, but for the most part I just mark it for them.

Jason picking up that last counselor and not killing. The rewards for staying in the lobby after death or escape pale in comparison to the pain of spectating diarrhea vs diarrhea.

On 8/27/2018 at 2:46 AM, Fair Play said:

Some players like to have music in the background to help them get in the zone. If one needs their music, then play it at a respectable volume level.

I agree but there's no need for your mic on, especially if you aren't communicating 

What about when you're trying to escape and one of the counselors refuses to drive and just stands there flashing their light insisting that you do it? If I'm driving the car, Jasons going to  get easy kills because I can't drive for shit in this game. 

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

What about when you're trying to escape and one of the counselors refuses to drive and just stands there flashing their light insisting that you do it? If I'm driving the car, Jasons going to  get easy kills because I can't drive for shit in this game. 

Maybe they're the same way, which is why they're flashing their light at you for you to drive.

I guess I'm guilty of this. I can handle the boat pretty well, but I can't drive worth a lick. I'll do it if nobody else is stepping up, but it's really not a good idea. I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven out safely, and none of them involved having to elude Jason if he morphs in front of the car.

22 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Maybe they're the same way, which is why they're flashing their light at you for you to drive.

I guess I'm guilty of this. I can handle the boat pretty well, but I can't drive worth a lick. I'll do it if nobody else is stepping up, but it's really not a good idea. I can count on one hand the number of times I've driven out safely, and none of them involved having to elude Jason if he morphs in front of the car.

If I'm driving and Jason Morphs in front of the car, sorry guys, you're probably about to get killed.

In the same vein as refusing to drive, I just had one of these happen to me. Three different counselors dropped keys in front of me, wanting me to drive. I tried getting out in the 4-seater and didn't make it far before crashing and dying. Later on, as Tommy, someone dropped them for me at the 2-seater and I couldn't even get it started because Jason had a murder boner for me and wouldn't leave me alone.
What irks me, though, is that the round before I was Jason and these bastards were zipping around the map like Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Doing controlled skids to get just where I couldn't get in front of them to stop the car, driving backward through the woods at top speed, the whole bit. So annoying. If you were doing that last round, why couldn't you do that THIS round?

And that segues into one other bothersome thing (wanted to mention before I forget and so I don't have to double post). That's the groups who magically get their shit together the second you become Jason. When you're one of the counselors, nobody is miked up and they're all running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Maybe they're pushing objectives, but it's hard to tell who's doing what.
When you're Jason, they're doing the same thing except some of them are sticking together to protect each other, others suddenly remember how to drive, a Chad or Vanessa is running around to distract you, and it's like a coordinated ballet of chaos. Where was that the last five rounds when I was one of you, you assholes!?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Soggy biscuit said:

I agree but there's no need for your mic on, especially if you aren't communicating 

Some people might not realize their mics are on and are doing this. It can't count for more than one or two at the most.

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Seems like a lot of people aren't comfortable with driving.

3 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

In the same vein as refusing to drive, I just had one of these happen to me. Three different counselors dropped keys in front of me, wanting me to drive. I tried getting out in the 4-seater and didn't make it far before crashing and dying. Later on, as Tommy, someone dropped them for me at the 2-seater and I couldn't even get it started because Jason had a murder boner for me and wouldn't leave me alone.
What irks me, though, is that the round before I was Jason and these bastards were zipping around the map like Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Doing controlled skids to get just where I couldn't get in front of them to stop the car, driving backward through the woods at top speed, the whole bit. So annoying. If you were doing that last round, why couldn't you do that THIS round?

And that segues into one other bothersome thing (wanted to mention before I forget and so I don't have to double post). That's the groups who magically get their shit together the second you become Jason. When you're one of the counselors, nobody is miked up and they're all running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Maybe they're pushing objectives, but it's hard to tell who's doing what.
When you're Jason, they're doing the same thing except some of them are sticking together to protect each other, others suddenly remember to learn how to drive, a Chad or Vanessa is running around to distract you, and it's like a coordinated ballet of chaos. Where was that the last five rounds when I was one of you, you assholes!?

Sounds like trolls were in that match. I could be wrong.

20 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Seems like a lot of people aren't comfortable with driving.

Sounds like trolls were in that match. I could be wrong.

Driving is hard. It's the main reason I really wish there had been some sort of counselor tutorial in the single player mode. It's hard to practice it consistently without going into a private match, and if you suck it's almost as much of an instant kill as the boat. You basically get one shot at it. I have no idea how some people are able to drive at top speed, backward, through the woods, and never hit a single thing. 

As for the trolling, I've been in some matches where that was pretty obvious what was going on. This one tonight, I think it was some people who kind of knew what they were doing but just weren't communicating. They seemed to be getting stuff fixed, and one of them could drive really well.
As Jason it was maddening because it was like being inside a tornado -- people moving everywhere, just close enough that they were clustered but far enough apart that I didn't know whether to tunnel one or break off and go after somebody else who might be pushing an objective.
As a counselor it was maddening because they looted all the parts and I had no idea what was happening. Were they going for one of the cars? Making a run on the shack? It looks like people are grouping up, and 5 seconds later they're spread out again. And nobody is miked up, so there's no way of asking.

1 minute ago, Bonker2468 said:

Driving is hard. It's the main reason I really wish there had been some sort of counselor tutorial in the single player mode. It's hard to practice it consistently without going into a private match, and if you suck it's almost as much of an instant kill as the boat. You basically get one shot at it. I have no idea how some people are able to drive at top speed, backward, through the woods, and never hit a single thing. 

As for the trolling, I've been in some matches where that was pretty obvious what was going on. This one tonight, I think it was some people who kind of knew what they were doing but just weren't communicating. They seemed to be getting stuff fixed, and one of them could drive really well.
As Jason it was maddening because it was like being inside a tornado -- people moving everywhere, just close enough that they were clustered but far enough apart that I didn't know whether to tunnel one or break off and go after somebody else who might be pushing an objective.
As a counselor it was maddening because they looted all the parts and I had no idea what was happening. Were they going for one of the cars? Making a run on the shack? It looks like people are grouping up, and 5 seconds later they're spread out again. And nobody is miked up, so there's no way of asking.

It can be hard sometimes to judge what is happening in game.

5 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

And that segues into one other bothersome thing (wanted to mention before I forget and so I don't have to double post). That's the groups who magically get their shit together the second you become Jason. When you're one of the counselors, nobody is miked up and they're all running around like chickens with their heads cut off. 

Ha! I thought I was the  only one who noticed this. It's kinda-sorta a false sense of security actually. You're playing with people that don't repair anything, swing weapons blindly, step right in Jason's traps, don't call Tommy, etc... and you're thinking "Oh please let me be Jason next, these people are idiots". Then you get picked as Jason the very next round and five minutes in your getting shot by Tommy and the cars are almost to the exit.

• Like 2

Been getting a lot of this one this week -- when you drop keys at a car, and someone picks them up and carries them to another part of the map. A part without a car. 
Hey jagoffs ... the reason I'm leaving them at the car is so we don't have to hunt for them once everything is put together, and whoever is there at that time can hop in and go. You picking them up and taking them with you defeats that purpose.

7 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

Been getting a lot of this one this week -- when you drop keys at a car, and someone picks them up and carries them to another part of the map. A part without a car. 
Hey jagoffs ... the reason I'm leaving them at the car is so we don't have to hunt for them once everything is put together, and whoever is there at that time can hop in and go. You picking them up and taking them with you defeats that purpose.

yeah, i learned to stop dropping keys real early in this game. Someone always picks them up and is no where to be found when gas and battery are in.

9 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

I think that is the point. People that do this are working with Jason, or just doing it to be dicks all on their own. It’s intentional. 

5 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I think that is the point. People that do this are working with Jason, or just doing it to be dicks all on their own. It’s intentional. 

It's better now than it was when the dropped parts didn't show up on the map. Back then you could fuck everybody's chance of escape up by grabbing repair parts and dropping them somewhere remote such as the little island on Higgens.

Here's something else I wish people would stop doing: intentionally stepping in Jason's traps when they see you're about to disarm it with a pocketknife. I appreciate you're trying to help me save a PK, but disarming the trap won't alert him whereas stepping in it will. This isn't that big of a problem if whatever objective you're trying to fix only has one trap. If  you're lucky, Jason's Morph will be offline when it happens and you'll have the chance to finish the repair and take off/start calling. But if it's a case where there are 2 or more traps, you basically just guaranteed he's going to keep a very close eye on whatever you were trying to fix.

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's better now than it was when the dropped parts didn't show up on the map. Back then you could fuck everybody's chance of escape up by grabbing repair parts and dropping them somewhere remote such as the little island on Higgens.

Except now when that happens it looks suspiciously like a trap to get you out in the open with no cover to run to. 

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Except now when that happens it looks suspiciously like a trap to get you out in the open with no cover to run to. 

I know they supposedly scrapped it, but is this the real Paranoia Mode surfacing?

35 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

I know they supposedly scrapped it, but is this the real Paranoia Mode surfacing?

Just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean that Jason teamers aren’t out to get you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah, i learned to stop dropping keys real early in this game. Someone always picks them up and is no where to be found when gas and battery are in.

There's nothing wrong with dropping the keys. Two things should be kept in mind.

1. Don't drop the keys right out in the open.

2. Don't drop the keys when other people are around to see you do it.

48 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

The reckless play style of some players is why so much paranoia is present.

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Here's something else I wish people would stop doing: intentionally stepping in Jason's traps when they see you're about to disarm it with a pocketknife. I appreciate you're trying to help me save a PK, but disarming the trap won't alert him whereas stepping in it will. This isn't that big of a problem if whatever objective you're trying to fix only has one trap. If  you're lucky, Jason's Morph will be offline when it happens and you'll have the chance to finish the repair and take off/start calling. But if it's a case where there are 2 or more traps, you basically just guaranteed he's going to keep a very close eye on whatever you were trying to fix.

I’ll only use a knife on a trap if I am a high repair counselor who has very little chance to screw it up. There is no point in disarming the trap with a knife as Tiffany or Buggzy when they are most likely going to screw it up anyways and Jason will be alerted anyways. Why not just tank the trap? Especially if it is a Jason will only three traps.

Although to be on the safe side I may only use it if I have two knives, some Jason players will spawn to the fuse box house once the police are called and tunnel the person who called the police. Not to mention that Debbie is going to probably need a knife in her inventory a little more than Tiffany would.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

There's nothing wrong with dropping the keys. Two things should be kept in mind.

1. Don't drop the keys right out in the open.

2. Don't drop the keys when other people are around to see you do it.

I only drop the keys to people I know. I’ll give the keys to friends but not to randoms in the lobby. Not saying that every player is going to take off and leave you behind but it has happenes numerous times before and a Jason with a slow shift will most likely give up on the car and go after an easier target. 

However if I find both sets of keys and I am in a random quick play match, more than likely I’ll drop a set off at a car.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’ll only use a knife on a trap if I am a high repair counselor who has very little chance to screw it up. There is no point in disarming the trap with a knife as Tiffany or Buggzy when they are most likely going to screw it up anyways and Jason will be alerted anyways. Why not just tank the trap? Especially if it is a Jason will only three traps.

Although to be on the safe side I may only use it if I have two knives, some Jason players will spawn to the fuse box house once the police are called and tunnel the person who called the police. Not to mention that Debbie is going to probably need a knife in her inventory a little more than Tiffany would.

That actually ties into what I said about non-repair counselors insisting on repairing objectives when a high repair counselor is right there. When they fuck up (and we all know they most likely will) and Jason shows up, which one do you think is getting killed, the slow repair counselor, or the fast non-repair one?

Edit: Yes, I know it depends on circumstance, but it's a safe bet the fast counselor is going to get away while Jasons busy killing the slower one.