HaHaTrumpWon

Irritating shit done by fellow counselors?

Unless you have never played with random people (unlikely) or never played as a counselor (even more unlikely) you have almost assuredly at some point been annoyed or irritated by something fellow teammates have done. So,, let's hear about it. 

1) I've mentioned this before but one of my biggest pet peeves are counselors with horrible repair skills insisting on repairing objectives (especially the phone and boat propeller) when there is a Debbie or AJ literally right beside them who can do a much faster/quieter job than they can.

2) Riding in a car with a driver who, for some stupid/asinine reason, decides to drive around aimlessly while honking the horn instead of just driving through the exit (ditto those people who stand by the police exit just to tease Jason instead of escaping and not dragging the match out far longer than it has to be).

3) Greedy-ass teammates who invade "your" cabin and literally cut you off so they can search the drawers/desks before you can. For the most part, I've noticed that other counselors will bypass an occupied cabin and move on to the next one, but every now and then you run into counselors who apparently never heard the word "Share" from their parents.

4) Speaking of invading cabins, I also hate playing a stealth counselor and having 2 or 3 Vanessas/Bugzys/Adams/etc... decide to use whatever cabin you're in as a makeshift headquarters, thereby leading Jason right to you.

5) Helping repair a car/boat only to have the driver/pilot immediately haul ass and leave you behind as soon as it starts even if Jason's nowhere near you.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Unless you have never played with random people (unlikely) or never played as a counselor (even more unlikely) you have almost assuredly at some point been annoyed or irritated by something fellow teammates have done. So,, let's hear about it. 

1) I've mentioned this before but one of my biggest pet peeves are counselors with horrible repair skills insisting on repairing objectives (especially the phone and boat propeller) when there is a Debbie or AJ literally right beside them who can do a much faster/quieter job than they can.

They must really want the EXP that badly. My advice to you, get there first and get that repair done.

2) Riding in a car with a driver who, for some stupid/asinine reason, decides to drive around aimlessly while honking the horn instead of just driving through the exit (ditto those people who stand by the police exit just to tease Jason instead of escaping and not dragging the match out far longer than it has to be).

The car driver might be trying to take the heat off other counselors.

3) Greedy-ass teammates who invade "your" cabin and literally cut you off so they can search the drawers/desks before you can. For the most part, I've noticed that other counselors will bypass an occupied cabin and move on to the next one, but every now and then you run into counselors who apparently never heard the word "Share" from their parents.

If they know where certain stuff can spawn, they are likely trying to get the goodies before you can. As much as I dread saying this, it's first come, first serve. It won't make anyone any friends, but it is what it is.

4) Speaking of invading cabins, I also hate playing a stealth counselor and having 2 or 3 Vanessas/Bugzys/Adams/etc... decide to use whatever cabin you're in as a makeshift headquarters, thereby leading Jason right to you.

It sounds like it's getting hot in the kitchen. Time to move along if they start piling up for a dance party or whatnot.

5) Helping repair a car/boat only to have the driver/pilot immediately haul ass and leave you behind as soon as it starts even if Jason's nowhere near you.

Sounds like a case of "Chad is a dick" trophy acquisition.

All of these things suck on some level, but Quick Play is Quick Play after all.

• Like 3

Agree on all of those. But let me add. 

1. Even though they can't kill you some dumb ass following you around and hitting you with a weapon.

2. a person in a car driving off the road to hit you on purpose.

3. Someone playing loud music on the mic. Yes, you can mute them. But one time I nicely asked a guy to turn it down please and his reply. was go f**k yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

Agree on all of those. But let me add. 

1. Even though they can't kill you some dumb ass following you around and hitting you with a weapon.

2. a person in a car driving off the road to hit you on purpose.

3. Someone playing loud music on the mic. Yes, you can mute them. But one time I nicely asked a guy to turn it down please and his reply. was go f**k yourself.

Those first two are genuinely annoying. For the third, I once had a player insist on blaring some loud music. I found some music that wasn't as loud, but was annoying to him, and ran him off with it. I'm working on a custom playlist I call "Counter Troll Music". I'll let you know how it goes. ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

Tell a smoker not to smoke... they WILL light a smoke and smoke more. 
   Tell a slasher not to slash.... you WILL get slashed.
   Tell someone to turn their music down (when you are not a cop knocking at their door ready to give them a fine)… they will turn it up... or start throwing insults at you for your presumption that you can tell them what to do.... I agree that this can be annoying... but just mute them, it works.

@HaHaTrumpWon I agree with all of your points... But as far as the car goes... I will drive around until I have a full car, then I will leave. The Jason player usually stays right on me the entire time, which makes for a pretty good distraction for anyone else left over... if they actually choose to push objectives in any way.

@Fair Play The "Counter Troll Music" playlist sounds like a good idea... but it may just lead to a volume war.... And when you are Jason, your own music will cause you to miss Pamela's warning, the car starting, a repair screw up... and now the boat start up sound... which is playing into their hands.... muting them just works much better on so many levels.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

Tell a smoker not to smoke... they WILL light a smoke and smoke more. 
   Tell a slasher not to slash.... you WILL get slashed.
   Tell someone to turn their music down (when you are not a cop knocking at their door ready to give them a fine)… they will turn it up... or start throwing insults at you for your presumption that you can tell them what to do.... I agree that this can be annoying... but just mute them, it works.

@HaHaTrumpWon I agree with all of your points... But as far as the car goes... I will drive around until I have a full car, then I will leave. The Jason player usually stays right on me the entire time, which makes for a pretty good distraction for anyone else left over... if they actually choose to push objectives in any way.

@Fair Play The "Counter Troll Music" playlist sounds like a good idea... but it may just lead to a volume war.... And when you are Jason, your own music will cause you to miss Pamela's warning, the car starting, a repair screw up... and now the boat start up sound... which is playing into their hands.... muting them just works much better on so many levels.

I never said I do that in game. I wait until the match is over, and run the offender off in the lobby.

There have been times you could legitimately say the driver is trying to save more people, I'll admit that, but probably not if you're in the 2-seater and definitely not if everyone left alive is in the car (I.E. 3 counselors left and you're all in the 4-seater).

As far as people trying to intentionally run you over, I haven't seen that one in quite a while, but the last time it happened to me I just stayed indoors until they caught Jasons attention and he killed them.

I generally agree with the lists. As has been mentioned  though the car can be used as a distraction, and I prefer to not leave until it's full. I will especially drive around if the cops have been called.  You can eat up alot of those 5 minutes for people. As for the trolling Jason at the exit, I only stay at the exit to help others make it there. If it becomes a hit Jason dance party I'm out.

One thing I'd add to the list is when you're trying to repair an objective and the person being chased keeps bring Jason back to that objective.

47 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I generally agree with the lists. As has been mentioned  though the car can be used as a distraction, and I prefer to not leave until it's full. I will especially drive around if the cops have been called.  You can eat up alot of those 5 minutes for people. As for the trolling Jason at the exit, I only stay at the exit to help others make it there. If it becomes a hit Jason dance party I'm out.

One thing I'd add to the list is when you're trying to repair an objective and the person being chased keeps bring Jason back to that objective.

Some people lead Jason to the objective as a troll tactic. Others do it to save their own skin. If I find either to be the case, I'll get out of dodge, then double back when the heat dies down.

47 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Standing at the exit to help people escape is perfectly fine, but the "Hit Jason dance party", as you called it, is when it goes from helping teammates to being an obnoxious twat. That said, I do occasionally fight Jason in 1v1 if more counselors are on the way and I need to buy time for them to escape. 

4 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Standing at the exit to help people escape is perfectly fine, but the "Hit Jason dance party", as you called it, is when it goes from helping teammates to being an obnoxious twat. That said, I do occasionally fight Jason in 1v1 if more counselors are on the way and I need to buy time for them to escape. 

I tend to be one of those counselors that shoots Jason when he's guarding the exit and occupied picking on a counselor who is trying to pose as a distraction.

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

There have been times you could legitimately say the driver is trying to save more people, I'll admit that, but probably not if you're in the 2-seater and definitely not if everyone left alive is in the car (I.E. 3 counselors left and you're all in the 4-seater).

As far as people trying to intentionally run you over, I haven't seen that one in quite a while, but the last time it happened to me I just stayed indoors until they caught Jasons attention and he killed them.

I have seen quite a few players driving around for no reason... or to try and run over as many people as they can. I even got in a two-seater once with a guy that decided to run everyone over, and he got a few of them... Fortunately, Jason stopped us and I did not save the troll... I ran away... then I came back and drove around until I could find someone else to get in the car. Trying to convince people in that match that I was not going to run them over was.... problematic. But eventually someone got into the car and we escaped.
   Those types of players are damned annoying.... but there are some of us out their in the magical land of Quick Play that will actually try to help out others.

Its also not so hard to avoid a car trying to run you over... I have done it many times. Staying out in the open is a bad idea here... All you need to do is keep a tree, or a rock (or any other object that will stop the car) between you and the car. The car may be faster than a counselor... but you do have the maneuverability factor on your side. I have been run over by players like this before, many more times I led them on a wild goose chase which my friends that were watching from the afterlife club found rather amusing.
   As I said, they are annoying... but when you can troll the troll, it can be rewarding enough.... and sometimes you cannot depend on Jason to take them out as they are sometimes playing the role of Jason's helper... which is even more annoying than someone trying to run everyone over on their own. I hope there is a special place in hell for the Jason helpers.

@Fair Play I never said you did do that in a game... I just pointed out some "stuff." I wish you luck with your anti-troll playlist and hope you have some good tunes in there. I find hardcore punk and thrash get rid of most people in a hurry... But I tend to stick around for those tunes.
   I don't mind people playing their music for the most part... It mostly depends on whether or not I like the music... mostly... But as Jason, I tend to mute them so I do not miss my warnings... and there have been a few times I did not hear Jason because of someone's music... which led to my untimely demise on more than one occasion. Judicious use of the mute button helps though... with music, obnoxious assholes... people that have feedback beyond their control... and so on.
   I do have some friends that play music from time to time... but they take requests... including the request of silence when I ask nicely.

28 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I wish you luck with your anti-troll playlist and hope you have some good tunes in there. I find hardcore punk and thrash get rid of most people in a hurry... But I tend to stick around for those tunes.
   I don't mind people playing their music for the most part... It mostly depends on whether or not I like the music... mostly... But as Jason, I tend to mute them so I do not miss my warnings... and there have been a few times I did not hear Jason because of someone's music... which led to my untimely demise on more than one occasion. Judicious use of the mute button helps though... with music, obnoxious assholes... people that have feedback beyond their control... and so on.
   I do have some friends that play music from time to time... but they take requests... including the request of silence when I ask nicely.

I find that as long as people keep their music to a suitable level, I'm fine with it. I tend to be open to all kinds of music, but sometimes people take the volume a bit far.

• Like 1

I still peeve over team mates that lock single lock doors. It makes no sense when you lock up all the doors around any map with a main house when you're not even going to stay there. It sucks when Jason is hot on your ass and you're stuck having to waste time unlocking a door (in which most times he'll get you anyway)

Intentionally closing doors on you, stealing your cabin loot (even though there is three different cabins nearby) counselors that try to survive the night with all the pocket knifes and still die, wasting everyones time. Loud music, autistic screaming and loot horders. 

Thr one thing that annoys me above all else is NOT. CALLING. TOMMY. I've seen it so much on ps4, people have virtually stopped calling Tommy. 2-4 people in onr game swung by his house, power on, and refused to csll him. It's annoying.

Also people who lock others in rooms via aiming a gun the entire time. 

Mine is - 

1. counselors who loot a cabin but leave every repairable item in there!

2. Players that go in your cabin loot all dressers before you but then leave the damn doors wide open!!!!

• Like 1

i have the benny hill and seinfeld theme songs cued up on my phone for players that blast shitty music over their mic. almost always gets them to shut the fuck up. 

These are all great points. I'd have to say that low-repair skilled counselors insisting on repairing items and players raiding your cabin drawers while you're still searching them are the two most commonly occurring annoyances, but I would like to add one more... 

Players who waste a shotgun/flaregun round just to pick up another weapon. You just wasted a chance to stun Jason, you moron. When he gets here, I'm gonna let him grab you first. 

24 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Players who waste a shotgun/flaregun round just to pick up another weapon. You just wasted a chance to stun Jason, you moron.

You can mark Jason though with a Flare gun anywhere…..It's Pretty good if you find one in the beginning , shoot a Flare to one of the shack spawns , and bam. You know where Jason's shack is. Not too bad actually. But melee weapons are better anyways. Nothing more stupid than driving the car and your teammate shoots a Flare at the wrong time and even hit the car.

But I have never seen someone shoot at Nothing just to pick up another weapon. That is just stupid....

Also....I've gotta confess , that I repaired the car as Vanessa besides a Fox......Because I really wanted the XP......but I didn't screw up anyways and the Chance that the fox would have fucked up is probably higher than my Chance.....because Randumbs.

14 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You can mark Jason though with a Flare gun anywhere…..It's Pretty good if you find one in the beginning , shoot a Flare to one of the shack spawns , and bam. You know where Jason's shack is. Not too bad actually. But melee weapons are better anyways. Nothing more stupid than driving the car and your teammate shoots a Flare at the wrong time and even hit the car.

But I have never seen someone shoot at Nothing just to pick up another weapon. That is just stupid....

Also....I've gotta confess , that I repaired the car as Vanessa besides a Fox......Because I really wanted the XP......but I didn't screw up anyways and the Chance that the fox would have fucked up is probably higher than my Chance.....because Randumbs.

Except for the Crystal Lake maps you can see where is shack is with a map np. Unfortunately I've see the idea who shoots the shotgun at nothing. Usually at the police exit before they run out.

11 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Except for the Crystal Lake maps you can see where is shack is with a map np. Unfortunately I've see the idea who shoots the shotgun at nothing. Usually at the police exit before they run out. 

How can you tell where the shack is on Crystal Lake big again? I only know the one  with two houses above the Crossroad.

You can also see that no Problem on both Packanacks with a map.

4 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

How can you tell where the shack is on Crystal Lake big again? I only know the one  with two houses above the Crossroad.

You can also see that no Problem on both Packanacks with a map.

Both Crystal Lake maps you can't tell. All the others you can by the campsite spawns. 

The second spaen for Crystal Lake is bellow the road. 

Certainly having Vanessa and Buggzy follow you around is one of the most annoying parts. Although I usually play Tiffany so I don’t have a problem keeping up with Vanessa and Buggzy if Jason comes around us, so not that big of a deal to me.

Having high speed counselors (Vanessa and Tiffany come to mind) speed loot campsites people claim is annoying. I don’t see how it is annoying. If I start on the porch of Packanack on the small map, there is a clear path through three campsites to the boathouse, do you expect me NOT to loot all of that? It is almost guarenteed to have a knife, a spray, and a gun (the boathouse will always spawn at least one of these items). It is an easy way to arm yourself and get a head start. Plus the phone box is usually along the way so I can take the heat off of other counselors because I am prepared and armed.

One of the most annoying part to me is having Debbie or AJ drop off a repair item when the objective is not trapped and expect Tiffany or Buggzy to install it. One time me (Tiffany) and Debbie were at the phone box and this bitch legit dropped the fuse off and flickered her flashlight basically telling me to install it. Not sure if she had some sort of faith in me or something but I actually installed it without screwing it up but it would’ve taken her like 5 seconds to install it while it takes my character almost a full minute to install it.

14 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Intentionally closing doors on you, stealing your cabin loot (even though there is three different cabins nearby) counselors that try to survive the night with all the pocket knifes and still die, wasting everyones time. Loud music, autistic screaming and loot horders. 

If a counselor trolls me in any way shape or form my favorite revenge is a door closed in their face and Jason's hand around their neck.

• Haha 1