Sign in to follow this  
NScarlato

Jason Anti-Kill Glitch?

I got flamed as the Sweater Girl because after Jason's mask fell off, he walked over and faced a cabin (he was outside) and I used the sweater.  He dropped to his knees but I guess Jason if facing a cabin sinks into the wall and Tommy can't press X?

I didn't fully understand what they were saying.  I got called stupid because I was unaware of this "mechanic."  Is this supposed to be happening?  I only knew from before that you can't kill Jason inside a cabin.  Is that also still a thing or can he be killed inside cabins now?

Anyway this is just incredibly frustrating.  The Jason player was gloating, screaming "HAHA IM ONLY LEVEL 10 BUT I WATCH YOUTUBERS PLAY THIS AND EVEN I KNOW YOU CANT KILL JASON NEAR A WALL!!!!"

This happened last week, on the present Ps4 patch.

I got laughed at since I'm level 150, and supposedly "outplayed" by a level 10 as I don't watch YouTubers who point out all the glitches/cheats.

4 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I got flamed as the Sweater Girl because after Jason's mask fell off, he walked over and faced a cabin (he was outside) and I used the sweater.  He dropped to his knees but I guess Jason if facing a cabin sinks into the wall and Tommy can't press X?

I didn't fully understand what they were saying.  I got called stupid because I was unaware of this "mechanic."  Is this supposed to be happening?  I only knew from before that you can't kill Jason inside a cabin.  Is that also still a thing or can he be killed inside cabins now?

Anyway this is just incredibly frustrating.  The Jason player was gloating, screaming "HAHA IM ONLY LEVEL 10 BUT I WATCH YOUTUBERS PLAY THIS AND EVEN I KNOW YOU CANT KILL JASON NEAR A WALL!!!!"

I got laughed at since I'm level 150, and supposedly "outplayed" by a level 10 as I don't watch YouTubers who point out all the glitches/cheats.

yup, wall facers and water jumpers. Shit happens though, ive seen worst plays by sweater girl. Don't sweat it.

• Thanks 1

Never let the voices of lambs affect the thoughts of a lion. In 2018 terms, fuck em. Do they get a special trophy to show their friends and family? Nope, only a little e-pen for the day. And remember, everyone on the internet is a virgin, except you and your mom.

• Thanks 3

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

yup, wall facers and water jumpers. Shit happens though, ive seen worst plays by sweater girl. Don't sweat it.

Ugh.  I was hoping Jason didn't have yet another way to avoid Death (aside from sitting in the water, or sitting inside a cabin).  Now he can be outside and face a wall?

Too many dumb "mechanics" to keep track of.

I can understand getting pissed at someone playing as Jason pussing out and jumping in the lake when a sweater & Tommy posse is on his ass, but is facing a wall really considered a puss move as well? Seems like a legit defensive move to me.

16 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I can understand getting pissed at someone playing as Jason pussing out and jumping in the lake when a sweater & Tommy posse is on his ass, but is facing a wall really considered a puss move as well? Seems like a legit defensive move to me.

I'm sorry but no.  Denying a kill due to what is essentially an exploit is a puss move.

Feel free to defend this nonsensical interaction resulting from shitty coding all you want.

Shit like this is why the game would be so much better if killing Jason simply wasn't an option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NScarlato said:

I believe you can still pull it off if tommy is on the other side of the wall he'll get the x prompt. I seem to remember actually being a part of a game where Jason was killed that way. The cinematic looked weird but I remember it working. It was an inside cabin wall if that makes a difference. 

22 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I'm sorry but no.  Denying a kill due to what is essentially an exploit is a puss move.

Feel free to defend this nonsensical interaction resulting from shitty coding all you want.

Did you use a pocket knife stun or another indefensible attack on Jason to remove his mask? Indefensible = exploit... or as you put it... "a puss move". If you did not use these tactics to demask Jason, then I can say... Damned good work.

The sweater stun can also be used through walls... and that is just weird. Sweater girl should have to be in Jason's line of sight... The entire kill mechanic is about Jason mistaking a female counselor for his mother. It seems to me that he cannot mistake anyone for his mother if he cannot see them... and NO ONE can see anyone who is not in their line of sight.
   Also, as far as I know, you could always kill Jason inside a cabin or house. The thing is, certain objects or even another counselor blocking certain parts of the kill animation area will not allow the kill to be started.... This works both ways... an unarmed counselor can block Jason from starting a kill on someone he grabbed by simply being in the required area for the kill animation... which means being right in Jason's face (even asphyxiate and head punch will not light up for use when a counselor is in Jason's face, but for these two kills, all Jason has to do is turn around and they will light up).... Also a tree, or rock... or ground that is not even enough in the area Jason is holding someone in his grip stops Jason from initiating a kill until he has enough room to start the kill... accomplished by Jason walking to find a spot in which the kill lights up, indicating you can now use it. Environment kills cannot be blocked like this that I have ever noticed... if Jason grabs you beside an environment kill, the prompt comes up immediately.
   Tommy has to be in front of Jason to initiate the kill once Jason has been knocked to his knees. If a tree, or wall... or pretty much any other object is in the way of Tommy being in the correct position... then you cannot initiate the kill. This mechanic is kind of silly, Tommy should not need to be in front of Jason in my opinion... the attacks he uses to kill Jason would work from any angle of attack, but it is limited by the current animation on that one I think.

I have seen a video in which Jason was killed through a wall. Tommy was standing on the other side of the wall from a Jason that was knocked to his knees and was able to initiate the kill. I think there was also a window between them... so that may have had something to do with it... While I do not agree that this should even work, you could try it next time this happens. I do not remember reading about that being patched out. Sorry I cannot remember who posted that video or which thread it was in, but I did watch it in a thread on these forums.

@Ahab The video I think you're referring to is in the playbook thread page 14. Also I do agree the sweater stun should be line of sight based. They probably either didn't think about it at the time or found it too difficult to program. But you also wouldn't think Tommy would have to be in front of him too trigger the kill either. 

8 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab The video I think you're referring to is in the playbook thread page 14. Also I do agree the sweater stun should be line of sight based. They probably either didn't think about it at the time or found it too difficult to program. But you also wouldn't think Tommy would have to be in front of him too trigger the kill either. 

Thanks... I could not remember what thread it was in... there are so many threads I have read through and watched videos in.
   I don't know how hard it would be to change the kill prompt for Tommy and his position in the animation to match where the prompt was activated... But that would be cool to change up what the Jason kill actually looks like without adding anything new. I would prefer they leave it alone, even though it makes sense to make this change... who could predict what new and horrendous glitches and bugs could be introduced if they attempted this change.

2 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Touchy! And I'm not defending anything. I'm attempting to have a discussion, which you seem waaay too bitchy to be able to do.

BTW, read @Ahab's excellent post above and tell me you've never done anything he's talking about.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Touchy! And I'm not defending anything. I'm attempting to have a discussion, which you seem waaay too bitchy to be able to do.

BTW, read @Ahab's excellent post above and tell me you've never done anything he's talking about.

Actually I haven't done anything he listed in his post.  At most everyone has (unintentionally, against their will) been grabbed by Jason in a spot where no kills light up.  The 1 second it takes him to find at least the head punch light up never made a difference in regards to being able to avoid death.

I respectfully disagree that standing against a wall and looking away from all of the counselors, doing nothing but hoping to fall into the wall, is a legitimate tactic to avoid death.  It's exploiting bad coding and unintended mechanics.  Or I'd hope they are unintended, as if they are not, then the devs are worse at game design than I could possibly have imagined.

Just now, NScarlato said:

Actually I haven't done anything he listed in his post.  

I respectfully disagree that standing against a wall and looking away from all of the counselors, doing nothing but hoping to fall into the wall, is a legitimate tactic to avoid death.  It's exploiting bad coding and unintended mechanics.  Or I'd hope they are unintended, as if they are not, then the devs are worse at game design than I could possibly have imagined.

Now that's a mature and rational response. Bully for you.

And just to be clear, I've never actually avoided a kill by facing a wall, mainly because the possibility had never occurred to me before as I've never been in or near a cabin when confronted with a sweater-wearing counselor. It was more of a rhetorical question.

Just now, Dolemite said:

Now that's a mature and rational response. Bully for you.

And just to be clear, I've never actually avoided a kill by facing a wall, mainly because the possibility had never occurred to me before as I've never been in or near a cabin when confronted with a sweater-wearing counselor. It was more of a rhetorical question.

I apologize I was touchy - I'm still remembering the level 10's shrill voice boasting about how well she did and her expertise due to her YouTube watching, and the rest of the lobby flaming me.  Yes I'm still a bit tilted.

I apologize I was touchy - I'm still remembering the level 10's shrill voice boasting about how well she did and her expertise due to her YouTube watching, and the rest of the lobby flaming me.  Yes I'm still a bit tilted.

Perfectly understandable, old chap. If you're a Steam player we should hook up for a match at some point. We both seem to be honorable players.  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Thanks... I could not remember what thread it was in... there are so many threads I have read through and watched videos in.
   I don't know how hard it would be to change the kill prompt for Tommy and his position in the animation to match where the prompt was activated... But that would be cool to change up what the Jason kill actually looks like without adding anything new. I would prefer they leave it alone, even though it makes sense to make this change... who could predict what new and horrendous glitches and bugs could be introduced if they attempted this change.

Np. I just saw it recently so it wasn't too hard to find. I agree you would think changing it would be simple, but given my lack of programming knowledge it's possibly much hard then I'd imagine. I also agree it's probably best left alone. 

• Like 1

The only reason Jason can face a wall to avoid the kill is because the "stun" can be triggered from behind Jason. We've all seen the animation he goes in to, as though he is about to strike person in front of him - the one wearing the sweater - and then pauses because maybe it's mom. 

If Jason could stop cars as easily as he could be stunned there'd be riots. 

And, to be honest, I've seen players put the front of the car against cabins and trees and such to prevent it when Jason shifts. 

10 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

The only reason Jason can face a wall to avoid the kill is because the "stun" can be triggered from behind Jason. We've all seen the animation he goes in to, as though he is about to strike person in front of him - the one wearing the sweater - and then pauses because maybe it's mom. 

If Jason could stop cars as easily as he could be stunned there'd be riots. 

And, to be honest, I've seen players put the front of the car against cabins and trees and such to prevent it when Jason shifts. 

I'll usually just bring the car to a complete stop. Jason's end up circling the car until their shift runs out.