Ok so in the past day I have nearly killed Jason twice, one of us has the sweater, one of us is Jarvis with an axe or machete and his mask is off. But as soon as Jason sees what we're doing he rage quits... it's genuinely annoying and immature. 

yeah, im always really thankful when a Jason sticks it out just for this reason. So many quit when they know they are going to die. I used to feel like I'm Jason the worst thing in this game that could happen would be dying. Then i died a few times and its like eh, whatever. I'll get everyone back next game, no biggie. Still fun!

• Like 3

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah, im always really thankful when a Jason sticks it out just for this reason. So many quit when they know they are going to die. I used to feel like I'm Jason the worst thing in this game that could happen would be dying. Then i died a few times and its like eh, whatever. I'll get everyone back next game, no biggie. Still fun!

Exactly, even when I know they're going to kill me I let them get their xp because they outplayed me and I accept it, it's just childish when people rage quit.

• Like 2

Everything said here is true. I had 2 or 3 games in a row last week where the Jason player quit when they were about to be killed. On the plus side, them rage quitting, they're that much closer to the salt mines.

• Like 1

Agreed. I haven't been killed yet, but I know eventually I'll get caught. No shame in it. Only shame is hiding in the water or quitting. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

Ok so in the past day I have nearly killed Jason twice, one of us has the sweater, one of us is Jarvis with an axe or machete and his mask is off. But as soon as Jason sees what we're doing he rage quits... it's genuinely annoying and immature. 

It can be quite common.  While anyone whom kills Jason frequently can find more satisfaction making a Jason pussy out, I can understand to those that don't get it often to be irritated.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Agreed. I haven't been killed yet, but I know eventually I'll get caught. No shame in it. Only shame is hiding in the water or quitting. 

Pretty much.  There is more to learn as well just by sticking it out, but no, there are many that rather protect their glass egos.

• Like 1

I have to admit being a great big pussy once very early on and rage quitting when I was about to be killed as Jason (actually, I wasn't mad, I just panicked). It always bummed me that I did that and if I'm ever in that position again I vow to take my medicine like a good boy.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I wonder how many players that brag about not being killed yet have done this cheap tactic?

27 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I have to admit being a great big pussy once very early on and rage quitting when I was about to be killed as Jason (actually, I wasn't mad, I just panicked). It always bummed me that I did that and if I'm ever in that position again I vow to take my medicine like a good boy.

A person man enough to admit that has my respect.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I wonder how many players that brag about not being killed yet have done this cheap tactic?

Unfortunately probably quite a few. Like I said I haven't been killed yet, but I know I'll get caught eventually. Nearly have been three times. The closest I came was when my game broke. All I could do was rotate the camera and smash x to resist the sweater. 

Its democracy !

Jasons should have the right of not being horribly bullied ^^

I demand having super ez kills when having the first couple of matches as Jason !!

And ye , i've quited a few matches as Jason myself , this game isn't my job , i don't get paid for it so calm down.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

A person man enough to admit that has my respect.

I was young and foolish. It was peer pressure. I needed the money!

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I was young and foolish. It was peer pressure. I needed the money!

Ok, ok, and ok lol

Trying to kill Jason in public games..especially if you taunt the Jason player the whole time.  Usually results in a rage quit.

So does calling the cops too early..  Or fixing the 4 door too early and escaping.  Or Jason killing the host too early or killing the host 1st.

It just is what it is.    Don't DO IT.  unless you want the game to end.

51 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Trying to kill Jason I diin public games..especially if you taunt the Jason player the whole time.  Usually results in a rage quit.

So does calling the cops too early..  Or fixing the 4 door too early and escaping.  Or Jason killing the host too early or killing the host 1st.

It just is what it is.    Don't DO IT.  unless you want the game to end.

I disagree on the phone/car/host stuff - that's IMO playing the game as it was designed to be played and trying to win.  If I'm Jason and I find a counselor out in the open at the fist spot I morph to, I'm not going to let him go because he's host.  Likewise, If I'm a counselor and I spawn in front of the phone house, and find the fuse IN the house, I'm not going to just run around randomly for 5-10 minutes so I don't fix the phone "too early".  In both cases, I'm playing to win.

But I 100% agree about trolling/taunting Jason.  If you repair the car, and instead of escaping, decide to joy ride around the map,  or drive just far enough in front of Jason to honk the horn at him, I can't blame him if he rage quits.  Or if you commit to a "ring around the rosie" gimmick in a small cabin, do the "jog just far enough in front of Jason so you can catch him in a grab animation and dance/teabag repeatedly", etc., then you have no right to complain about Jason being a pussy if he quits, because guess what - you're being a pussy too!

Trolls have no right to be upset at other players trolling back at them.  Whether Jason or Counselor, just play the game to try to win, not to troll/taunt.  All that does is drive even more players away from the game.

1 hour ago, AJLeatherman said:

I disagree on the phone/car/host stuff - that's IMO playing the game as it was designed to be played and trying to win.  If I'm Jason and I find a counselor out in the open at the fist spot I morph to, I'm not going to let him go because he's host.  Likewise, If I'm a counselor and I spawn in front of the phone house, and find the fuse IN the house, I'm not going to just run around randomly for 5-10 minutes so I don't fix the phone "too early".  In both cases, I'm playing to win.

But I 100% agree about trolling/taunting Jason.  If you repair the car, and instead of escaping, decide to joy ride around the map,  or drive just far enough in front of Jason to honk the horn at him, I can't blame him if he rage quits.  Or if you commit to a "ring around the rosie" gimmick in a small cabin, do the "jog just far enough in front of Jason so you can catch him in a grab animation and dance/teabag repeatedly", etc., then you have no right to complain about Jason being a pussy if he quits, because guess what - you're being a pussy too!

Trolls have no right to be upset at other players trolling back at them.  Whether Jason or Counselor, just play the game to try to win, not to troll/taunt.  All that does is drive even more players away from the game.

yeah the jog around the table is soooo annoying, especially while they are calling you names and taunting the whole time. its like I get it. you are faster then Jason now, but eventually you will tire and the man keeps on going and going. Had this happen a couple weeks back, and i actually caught the guy twice. he had a knife once and the next time i tried to get the table butcher knife kill, but i guess i came at the wrong angle and didnt have enough space, so it wouldn't execute. I finally caught him the third time and put him out of his misery(all he deserved was a head punch). I felt bad for everyone else waiting 3 or 4 mins for me to get the last guy, so i was just a little bit pissed, but what ever thats the way he wanted to play it! lol

1 hour ago, AJLeatherman said:

I mostly agree with this. Some of the things you mentioned however depend on the circumstances. If you are looping around a table it's annoying but sometimes needed. Though you cross the line if you are trash talking too. Same with the car. I will sometimes drive around rather then leave. I'm not doing that to be a jerk but to distract Jason and buy the others not in the car time. Especially if the cops are called I try to waste as much of those 5 minutes as possible. 

4 hours ago, AJLeatherman said:

I disagree on the phone/car/host stuff - that's IMO playing the game as it was designed to be played and trying to win.  If I'm Jason and I find a counselor out in the open at the fist spot I morph to, I'm not going to let him go because he's host

That the thing tho.  It just it what it is..  Im not saying i like it, im just saying there is a cause and effect to playing or doing specific things in this game.

If im Jason i never... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever kill the host 1st.  Unless i want the game to be shut down.  He dies last... or i let him escape..   Its too risky to kill the host 1st and early.

I also tend to hold off from repairing the phone box till at least a few people are dead.. Or the game is over 5-8 in.

4 door.. Il hold the keys till a few people are dead OR 10 mins have past.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

That the thing tho.  It just it what it is..  Im not saying i like it, im just saying there is a cause and effect to playing or doing specific things in this game.

If im Jason i never... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever kill the host 1st.  Unless i want the game to be shut down.  He dies last... or i let him escape..   Its too risky to kill the host 1st and early.

I also tend to hold off from repairing the phone box till at least a few people are dead.. Or the game is over 5-8 mins.

4 door.. Il hold the keys till a few people are dead OR 10 mins have past.

That's where we disagree - if it's a room where the host or the potential Jasons are that toxic that they'll bail out for petty reasons like that, I'd rather find out immediately, get kicked,  and then start over in a hopefully better room.  I don't want to waste my time for 10+ minutes and then have the host or Jason quit anyway (or start dancing/teabagging/trolling - because all those behaviors seem to go together) And

I'm not going to adjust the way I play the game just to pacify the rage-quitters.  Because if a guy will quit because you killed him first, he's probably going to quit anyway - maybe because you killed him right before he could fix the phone, or you killed him with a shift-grab, or because he was injured out in the open without a health spray and was ABOUT to get killed. 

A bad player is a bad player, and trying to appease a bad player is just putting off the inevitable.  Better to get out of the room (either voluntarily or by getting kicked) and start fresh with a room filled with players who (hopefully) don't suck.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

That's where we disagree -

Well like i said.. Its just it what it is..    Im a realist.   .  Its not about agreeing.    I just look at the cause and effect and just deal with it.  

17 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

I'm not going to adjust the way I play the game just to pacify the rage-quitters.

Id rather adjust how i play.. Then waste all the time getting into a game.. Only to have it shut down. And then wait to start another game or find a new lobby.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Id rather adjust how i play.. Then waste all the time getting into a game.. Only to have it shut down. And then wait to start another game or find a new lobby.

Personally, I can usually get into a lobby of 6+ people in under a minute.  So I'd rather take that very slight bit of time to get into a new lobby with good players, than have to play under a troll's "rules" in order to stay in a lobby full of bad players, but to each their own.