Sign in to follow this  
TheFinalFriday

Devs, please don't add the ability for Jason to hear the boat start on consoles!

I remember when you could hear it. That was fine 

As Jason I killed the councelor almost immediately once I heard the motor start. As a councelor later on I fixed the boat and escaped... but only because Jason was afk. Let’s face it, unless the person playing Jason is really bad at his job, the boat is a death trap now. 

12 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

As Jason I killed the councelor almost immediately once I heard the motor start. As a councelor later on I fixed the boat and escaped... but only because Jason was afk. Let’s face it, unless the person playing Jason is really bad at his job, the boat is a death trap now. 

Pretty much which is how it should be.

On 9/13/2018 at 12:43 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Why wouldn't they add or fix it?......I mean this is a Horror game where allowing escaping shouldn't be a norm.

The only thing I would argue for in this is, which I guess is moreso now than ever, is that the achievements for the other side should really not be so unimaginably difficult. It just makes it all even more grotesquely even more appalling and not fun.

24 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

The only thing I would argue for in this is, which I guess is moreso now than ever, is that the achievements for the other side should really not be so unimaginably difficult. It just makes it all even more grotesquely even more appalling and not fun.

I mean it is a horror survival game so fun isn't part of that genre sadly (unless your Jason.)

14 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I mean it is a horror survival game so fun isn't part of that genre sadly (unless your Jason.)

You're saying people don't play games to have fun?

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Survival games aren't necessary "fun" when you are the survivor just when you are the killer. 

18 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Pretty much which is how it should be.

What you see as how it should be, most others see as pointless. As in, there is no point in attempting to do it if it means certain death. There are far better methods of survival in the game. With the boat you’re betting everything for basically nothing.  

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Survival games aren't necessary "fun" when you are the survivor just when you are the killer. 

I'm going to have to agree to disagree and leave it that. Grinding achievements becomes less worth it overall to the average player with this direction, but at the end of the day, what can be done and why does it really matter anyway.

18 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I've played a number of "fun" survival horror games, including this one.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I, for one, enjoy playing a game for fun. I have a good time, win or lose.

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I've had fun on both sides of the fence in this game. The fun level has decreased over time, given the current state of the game.

@Fair Play I also. My overall point was that it makes grinding achievements even more of a chore than it already is. It's just salting the wound at this point.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:28 AM, TheFinalFriday said:

Finally made an account on here to say this.

It will ruin the of the balance it the game! The boat works as a high risk/high reward system. The boat is already the toughest escape option to go for depending on most circumstances. Either way, its a nice option for stealth players to take advantage of and easy enough for Jason to stop if he is constantly checking the progress of the boat. There is nothing broken about it.

Please reconsider. Love you guys.

no its not its probably the easiest way thats if you don't mess up on propeller 

1 minute ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no its not its probably the easiest way thats if you don't mess up on propeller 

Huh? If Jason hears the boat start and isn't distracted, you're dead in the water trying to reach the escape. Doesn't matter whatsoever if you don't mess up the gasoline or the propeller.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

@Fair Play I also. My overall point was that it makes grinding achievements even more of a chore than it already is. It's just salting the wound at this point.

Grinding in general in games is a massive turn-off for some people. People seldom enjoy repetitive activities these days.

27 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Grinding in general in games is a massive turn-off for some people. People seldom enjoy repetitive activities these days.

Once again, making it even worse is just poor form. Do we even disagree about this?

The sound is so obvious it's hard to miss. To me this ended up being a big misstep. Now on Pinehurst and Jarvis Jason only has to cover two objectives. I half expect an uptick in Jason kills as it's starting to become an easier option then escaping. 

13 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Huh? If Jason hears the boat start and isn't distracted, you're dead in the water trying to reach the escape. Doesn't matter whatsoever if you don't mess up the gasoline or the propeller.

no not exactly if its part 7 or 8 yes but all other jasons if you dodge once and get past you're in the clear they don't have the speed in water to catch the boat 

47 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no, not exactly if its part 7 or 8 yes but all other jasons if you dodge once and get past you're in the clear they don't have the speed in water to catch the boat 

Big facts and unless they have Morph they are a problem but that's it.Jasons

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Once again, making it even worse is just poor form. Do we even disagree about this?

No disagreement here. Unfortunately, it's unlikely they'll change the requirements for the trophies.

5 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no not exactly if its part 7 or 8 yes but all other jasons if you dodge once and get past you're in the clear they don't have the speed in water to catch the boat 

Big Macs, camping the exit definitely doesn't happen.

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Big Macs, camping the exit definitely doesn't happen.

Just circle around the middle of water he can't stay there forever 

27 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Just circle around the middle of water he can't stay there forever 

Make it bacon.