Sign in to follow this  
TheFinalFriday

Devs, please don't add the ability for Jason to hear the boat start on consoles!

Finally made an account on here to say this.

It will ruin the of the balance it the game! The boat works as a high risk/high reward system. The boat is already the toughest escape option to go for depending on most circumstances. Either way, its a nice option for stealth players to take advantage of and easy enough for Jason to stop if he is constantly checking the progress of the boat. There is nothing broken about it.

Please reconsider. Love you guys.

• Like 2

Just now, TheFinalFriday said:

Thanks, long time lurker. 

From my understanding, Jason can only hear the boat start up if he is near it. 

Right now , I think you can hear it everywhere.

The boat has always been inaudible unless Jason is near it. The developers have even stated in the past that it was intentional due to the boat being easy to catch.

9 hours ago, TheFinalFriday said:

The boat has always been inaudible unless Jason is near it. The developers have even stated in the past that it was intentional due to the boat being easy to catch.

Well , they didn't say it directly .

On 8/17/2018 at 7:28 AM, TheFinalFriday said:

It will ruin the of the balance it the game! The boat works as a high risk/high reward system. The boat is already the toughest escape option to go for depending on most circumstances. Either way, its a nice option for stealth players to take advantage of and easy enough for Jason to stop if he is constantly checking the progress of the boat. There is nothing broken about it.

There is literally nothing high risk in the boat escape without the start sound. Its just a cheesy way for people to escape in the firs 5 minutes of the match.

2 hours ago, HateMe said:

There is literally nothing high risk in the boat escape without the start sound. Its just a cheesy way for people to escape in the firs 5 minutes of the match.

Nothing high risk without the sound? If a Jason with +water speed sees the boat moving, you’re done. 

I’m cool with it being added, it isn’t a big deal. Don’t worry so much about little stuff dude.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Nothing high risk without the sound? If a Jason with +water speed sees the boat moving, you’re done. 

Even with -Water Strength Jasons, its still risky if the player knows what they're doing and are aware of the boat. Spawning at the exit boat exit instead of at the boat itself can prevent councilors from leaving easily.

All it takes is knowing the boat is on the water.

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m cool with it being added, it isn’t a big deal. Don’t worry so much about little stuff dude.

It may be a small change but makes a a big change in gameplay. The boat is my favorite escape objective and its already hard enough.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheFinalFriday said:

The boat is my favorite escape objective and its already hard enough.

Agree to disagree, I think it will make it more fair, and will be fun.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

There should be no free escapes in Friday the 13th period.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Agree to disagree, I think it will make it more fair, and will be fun.

The boat isn't a free escape though. You had to work to find the parts, not screw up the repairs, and have Jason not notice the boat leaving. You risked pretty much guaranteed death if caught in exchange for a stealthy escape. It was already perfectly fair and balanced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Hey just be glad the game has a boat escape, better than holding a lever down, am I right or am I right? 

@thrawn3054

I do agree F13 is the better game. I would like it to stay that way as well. The added sound is a step in the wrong direction. At least in my opinion. It's not a huge deal, but it was a bad decision. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I do agree F13 is the better game. I would like it to stay that way as well. The added sound is a step in the wrong direction. At least in my opinion. It's not a huge deal, but it was a bad decision. 

It’s a matter of taste, I don’t fault the people who dislike it.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Hey just be glad the game has a boat escape, better than holding a lever down, am I right or am I right? 

@thrawn3054

At this point, we should all be grateful for anything we have in this game that works as intended.

I have to agree with OP here. 

Even Ben said in a thread that the boat is already high risk. There is no way to defend yourself after getting tipped over. When having the car stopped you get a small chance of fighting or fleeing at least. 

@The Wolf with that Toast, hearing the boat start is PC only. Well, currently. Consoles haven't gotten the latest update yet.

To me, the fact they needed to add it says people must be complaining that Jason is underpowered. Work on the combat mechanics when fighting multiple counselors. Dont add the boat sound.

And yes, the F13 vs DbD is definitely on taste. I prefer F13 by a mile, but at least in DbD I can finish my games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2018 at 11:28 PM, TheFinalFriday said:

No. The days of the counselors having countless perks and making a joke out of jason have been going on for too long.

A single sound to let Jason know the boat has started up is one of MANY buffs Jason needs to be dangerous once more.

As it is, he's a joke. Just pop a thick skinned, a medic, and pick up one of the 20 pocket knives while holding a wrench and slap jason for 20 minutes while he struggles in vain to do anything to you. he hits you? Well just slap him with the wrench and heal with one of your 4 med sprays. He grabs you? Good thing you got that knife/a friend smacking him the whole time.

Let me spell it out:

You are not supposed to fight Jason. You are not supposed to beat Jason. Jason is supposed to find you and Jason is supposed to kill you.

If you don't LIKE that, go back to Dead by Daylight. I'm sick of this game getting raped by the devs backing out of the original basis the game is founded on because EVERY time Jason got a perk to make him threatening again, SOME WHINER comes out of the woodwork, complaining about how they weren't able to "ebin troll" Jason like you can do to the killers in DBD.

21 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

You are not supposed to fight Jason. You are not supposed to beat Jason. Jason is supposed to find you and Jason is supposed to kill you.

Dumbest comment I've seen on the internet today. Congrats

I'ts a game. Games need to be balanced for fun. If you are expected to just die, might as well just leave if you're not Jason. With that, it is 7vs1 so Jason needs to be competitive against a team.

27 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

No. The days of the counselors having countless perks and making a joke out of jason have been going on for too long.

A single sound to let Jason know the boat has started up is one of MANY buffs Jason needs to be dangerous once more.

As it is, he's a joke. Just pop a thick skinned, a medic, and pick up one of the 20 pocket knives while holding a wrench and slap jason for 20 minutes while he struggles in vain to do anything to you. he hits you? Well just slap him with the wrench and heal with one of your 4 med sprays. He grabs you? Good thing you got that knife/a friend smacking him the whole time.

I agree with shit like Jason shouldn't be bullied, but adding sound to the boat makes it a non viable escape. That decision just gives me more incentive to fight Jason off at the phone box so we can mass exodus to the police or drag the game out using my health spray and window looping

On 8/21/2018 at 9:40 AM, thrawn3054 said:

The boat isn't a free escape though. You had to work to find the parts, not screw up the repairs, and have Jason not notice the boat leaving. You risked pretty much guaranteed death if caught in exchange for a stealthy escape. It was already perfectly fair and balanced. 

This guy gets it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

If you don't LIKE that, go back to Dead by Daylight. I'm sick of this game getting raped by the devs backing out of the original basis the game is founded on because EVERY time Jason got a perk to make him threatening again, SOME WHINER comes out of the woodwork, complaining about how they weren't able to "ebin troll" Jason like you can do to the killers in DBD.

You can't fight back against the killers in DbD or bully them like you can in this game though? That entire post was you talking out of your ass and it's so ironic for you to be whining about whiners when actually it sounds like you're the one who doesn't like the game and should maybe go play something else. 😁

10 hours ago, BFizzle said:

You can't fight back against the killers in DbD or bully them like you can in this game though? That entire post was you talking out of your ass and it's so ironic for you to be whining about whiners when actually it sounds like you're the one who doesn't like the game and should maybe go play something else. 😁

I was here first and I was here when F13 first released. Jason was deadly, dying was commonplace and escape was the exception, not the norm. You hid, you ran, you did everything in your power to not let Jason know you were on the verge of escaping. 

How was it balanced? Via the experience system that gave you points by doing things. Surviving or dying didn't change much at all, just doing as many positive team-helping goals was enough to make a damn nice spree of Exp.

19 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Dumbest comment I've seen on the internet today. Congrats

I'ts a game. Games need to be balanced for fun. If you are expected to just die, might as well just leave if you're not Jason. With that, it is 7vs1 so Jason needs to be competitive against a team.

For someone of your rank, i thought you'd be one to understand how the game works. Dying is commonplace and is to be expected. What is the penalty for dying? You can't gain more EXP for the round and you get a chance to come back as Tommy. Do you lose EXP for being killed? No you don't. You only miss out on the fat 500 if you quit the game (or the host quits on consoles). Dying and living have very little difference other than a small exp boost if you manage to live/escape. Counselors don't make a lot of EXP anyway, the meat of EXP comes from playing as Jason.

Which is another thing: Jason is SUPPOSED to be a power trip. he's SUPPOSED to be able to bully and thrash the others like in the movies. You're at the mercy of the Jason player. Sometimes you can outwit him, sometimes you can trick him, and sometimes teamwork will let you escape an otherwise dead end situation, but he always has the advantage, just as he's supposed to.

But people just can't accept that. Gone are the days where even when 4-5 people ganged up to attack Jason, they might knock his mask off, but he'd likely kill all of them. No, now it's just 1-2 people who smack him with wrenches all day long and can even outright kill him with the Jason player often at a loss to do anything about it other than run away.

Yeah, I said, it, Jason becomes the prey and the counselors are the predator.A 7 vs 1 where the 1 is weaker than the 7.

GG, no RE.

6 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

For someone of your rank, i thought you'd be one to understand how the game works. Dying is commonplace and is to be expected. What is the penalty for dying? You can't gain more EXP for the round and you get a chance to come back as Tommy. Do you lose EXP for being killed? No you don't. You only miss out on the fat 500 if you quit the game (or the host quits on consoles). Dying and living have very little difference other than a small exp boost if you manage to live/escape. Counselors don't make a lot of EXP anyway, the meat of EXP comes from playing as Jason.

I don't expect to die or to survive. It comes down to a number of factors. I main Adam. For me, he has a decent survivability. I also start with firecrackers. That way I can draw things out if Jason starts on me and I don't have time to gear up. With that I don't expect a Jason to be able to effortlessly kill me without outthinking me. Sure he can tunnel me and I know sooner or later I'm dead, but the trade off is that if the lobby is worth a damn, they'll fix shit and escape and Jason has to deal with that loss. Even against our forum group, who all know how to play, I expect to give Jason a run...

With that, XP has never been a concern. i play each round as though it were the only one that mattered. Maybe the tabletop RP'er in me likes the immersion. 

Which is another thing: Jason is SUPPOSED to be a power trip. he's SUPPOSED to be able to bully and thrash the others like in the movies. You're at the mercy of the Jason player. Sometimes you can outwit him, sometimes you can trick him, and sometimes teamwork will let you escape an otherwise dead end situation, but he always has the advantage, just as he's supposed to.

I agree with this, mostly. And except for the fighting groups problem, Jason DOES this for the most part. Let me explain. Unless a counselor has great timing, and even then, anytime they fight Jason is a crapshoot. Sure they may land a hit and prolong the chase, but one screw up? Jason is more than likely going to kill them. I've had people good at combat land ten hits on me. It only took me one grab (Unless they had a pocketknife) to end things. With that, you can't expect a game to fully mimic a movie. The counselors need to have a shot. A good Jason vs bad counselors is a bloodbath. A good Jason vs good counselors is a bit swingier. 6/8 is the average for those lobbies in my experience. A bad Jason vs bad counselors often ends with 8/8 if my early games are anything to go by, and a bad Jason vs good counselors? Jason generally gets 1-2. the fact is playing Jason shouldn't be an expected 8/8 without any skill. Jason is balanced to take the majority of a lobby and with player skill can wipe one out. however if he does something rookie, like tunnel a counselor before laying traps, he should expect the phone call put out, the vehicles started and Tommy on scene. 

But people just can't accept that. Gone are the days where even when 4-5 people ganged up to attack Jason, they might knock his mask off, but he'd likely kill all of them. No, now it's just 1-2 people who smack him with wrenches all day long and can even outright kill him with the Jason player often at a loss to do anything about it other than run away.

Yeah, I said, it, Jason becomes the prey and the counselors are the predator.A 7 vs 1 where the 1 is weaker than the 7.

GG, no RE.

I think this may be a mediocre Jason issue. We don't gang on Jason for the most part and when it has happened to me in quickplay? I've slashed down as many as I've needed to. This scenario sounds more like assclown lvl 150 players getting their rocks off by bullying low level Jason players. with that, I'm all for that being done away with. if jason hits rage and can shake off 4/5 stuns, even from Buggzys' with baseball bats, and if Jason was as likely to soak damage as take it, so you never knew when his mask was coming off, and if he had stun immunity to offset chain stuns? i'd be all for that. i'd also be ok with characters under a certain strength barely ever stunning Jason at all, and an overall reduction of weapons on the map. 

With that, if you're on X-box I'm going to invite you to play with us. I think you'll like the dynamic. 

I'm going to clarify something about the boat. I recall hearing the boat start when I was near it. That is fine. What isn't is Jason hearing it start if he is too far away. My understanding is the 4 seat vehicle starting alerts Jason outright, while the two seater or boat does not. I'm cool with that. However the boat is such a deathtrap, that Jason automatically knowing about it means only ignorant players would ever use it. It's a trap option and that is bad design. 

Considering that Jason in most cases is the equivalent of Jaws in the water I don't feel he needs to have a sound que when the boat starts. Just my two cents.