Sign in to follow this  
jujugotoday

Possible to escape in the boat?

I main Part 6 and while I’m decent at keeping them from repairing the boat - I can’t catch it all. I’ve tried morphing ahead of the boat in stalk, and they still seem to be able to dodge me. 

On 8/17/2018 at 1:11 AM, jujugotoday said:

With the new update it is now impossible to escape in the boat without Jason letting you.

Bullshit.

• Like 1

Killed 7/8 just a second ago with a counselor escaping on the boat. 

Escaping by boat is one of the ways you can earn extra points and basically win a match in Friday the 13th: The Game. Unfortunately, only two players can use the boat to escape. One counselor has to drive the boat and the other can be a passenger. Sometimes it's better to escape in a boat, particularly if you've found the parts already or have no other means of escape (someone may have taken the car already).

I always liked escaping with the boat, but IIRC this thread was about the patch where the boat makes a start up noise alerting Jason.  Yeah this make it much harder as any Jason can basically just teleport to one of the boat escapes and wait, giving him a huge advantage.  Personally, I liked it without the patch because it made it more strenuous on Jason to have to keep checking the map to see if the boat was moving.  Then again, doesn't make sense that the boat doesn't alert Jason but the car does.  Its pretty risky now, and I only would try for shitty water Jasons, like any of the running ones.  With 7/8 its practically impossible against a lightly skilled Jason player.

24 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

only would try for shitty water Jasons, like any of the running ones

They can stalk+morph and camp the exit. It's nearly impossible to escape with the boat. What I am having to do now is to start the boat, leave and use a hidden spot, wait till Jason is gone, then I get in the boat and escape, which is really boring. That nerf for the boat was unreasonable. The boat was ok, if you use it without Jason noticing, you use to escape, but if he notice it was a free kill for Jason. Now it's always a free kill for Jason. The only map the boat is really viable is in Pinehurst, which has two boat exits. 

Not saying that it's impossible to escape by boat. What I am saying is, if Jason knows what he's doing, it's nearly impossible to escape.

Well, thats what I was implying when I wrote

"Yeah this make it much harder as any Jason can basically just teleport to one of the boat escapes and wait, giving him a huge advantage."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

Well, thats what I was implying when I wrote

ops my bad

The boat startup noise was actually always supposed to be there, it was just bugged until they patched it.

In the last few days before the recent DDOS attack, I was escaping in the boat almost every other match. With enough practice, you can get it almost down to a science.

Some helpful tips:

- Use a character with high repair stats for fastest results. If you're lucky enough to spawn near the boat, you can usually find the parts and repair it while Jason is still trapping the other objectives. I main Mitch Floyd, but LaChappa and A.J. work too
- The smaller the map, the closer the boat parts will be
- Jasons 2 through 5 move slower underwater than Jasons 6 through 9. Keep that in mind...
- Don't always go straight for the exit if Jason shows up. The boat is actually slightly faster in the water than most Jasons, so if you pull a 180 and force him to chase you (and they almost always will) instead of letting him cut you off, you can actually outrun him. Just did this to a Part 6 Jason a few days before the server attack.

Good luck out there, sailor!

9 hours ago, Brevator said:

you pull a 180 and force him to chase you (and they almost always will) instead of letting him cut you off, you can actually outrun him.

what would you do if he just camps the exit?

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

what would you do if he just camps the exit?

Wait the timer out, lol

He's either gonna chase you or waste his time waiting 

2 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Wait the timer out,

boring... 

5 minutes ago, Carlso said:

boring... 

Well, I didn't say it would be exciting...

Most Jasons don't camp the boat exit tho, they just go straight for the boat. 

The more experienced the Jason, the more difficult it will be to escape in the boat. But the same could be said for any escape method.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brevator said:

The more experienced the Jason, the more difficult it will be to escape in the boat. But the same could be said for any escape method.

Not exactly.  The phone is the easiest because you can do it with a high repair counselor and a pocket knife.  Jason wont know what hit him and he'll just get the timer alert.  The car if you can fix it can dodge Jason pretty easily if you off-road and know what you're doing.  If you stick to the paths, then its tricky.  His advantage is certainly the boat.  Waiting it out isnt a bad idea in the hopes that he'll morph out if someone tinkers with the car or the phone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, guitar.zombie said:

His advantage is certainly the boat. 

Exactly, it's not fun nor worth it to escape by the boat.

1 minute ago, guitar.zombie said:

Not exactly.  The phone is the easiest because you can do it with a high repair counselor and a pocket knife.  Jason wont know what hit him and he'll just get the timer alert.  The car if you can fix it can dodge Jason pretty easily if you off-road and know what you're doing.  If you stick to the paths, then its tricky.  His advantage is certainly the boat.  Waiting it out isnt a bad idea in the hopes that he'll morph out if someone tinkers with the car or the phone.

Agreed, the boat is definitely the riskiest escape method, but it's still quite possible to pull off, even with the startup sound mechanic unbugged.

Just now, Carlso said:

Exactly, it's not fun nor worth it to escape by the boat.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree here...

The boat is more fun if you DO escape in it.  Its just pointless if its a zombie Jason or anyone with a hair of skill.  I always shoot for the phone, always.

I've escaped quite a bit in the boat since the patch. It's risky and takes a bit of luck, but it's very possible. If it's a Part 7 or 8 Jason, I won't screw with the boat at all, unless their new and still think that boat is just there to help with the ambiance, but any other Jason with less than plus water speed can be maneuvered around and outrun by a counselor who knows how to handle the boat... Especially if someone's running the motorboating perk, though I don't know who in their right mind would waste a slot on the most situational of escape perks. While the sound is there for Jason to hear, it's kind of muted and not as obvious as the car or fuse sounds. If Jason's chase music is blaring in his hear or other loud chaos breaking out around him, the motorboat startup sound can get muffled and Jason will completely miss it. I've had this happen to me a number of times as Jason, where the boat started without me hearing the alert simply because the noise around me at the time had drowned it out. That's where the luck factor comes in. You just gotta hope Jason doesn't notice you or that he's not properly equipped to catch you if he does.

Personally, I like to go for police escapes. They're the most fun, as you're still taking the chance that a skilled Jason can cut you down before the cops show up, but your not completely screwing yourself over if you get caught. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Carlso said:

They can stalk+morph and camp the exit. It's nearly impossible to escape with the boat. What I am having to do now is to start the boat, leave and use a hidden spot, wait till Jason is gone, then I get in the boat and escape, which is really boring. That nerf for the boat was unreasonable. The boat was ok, if you use it without Jason noticing, you use to escape, but if he notice it was a free kill for Jason. Now it's always a free kill for Jason. The only map the boat is really viable is in Pinehurst, which has two boat exits. 

Not saying that it's impossible to escape by boat. What I am saying is, if Jason knows what he's doing, it's nearly impossible to escape.

Pinehurst is the worst map to try and escape by boat.  Any Jason can just morph near the bridge and protect the bridge.  If the Jason has any skill whatsoever, you're never getting passed that bridge. 

Packanack is the easiest boat escape map, as the water isn't very large that needs to be traversed to get out, which you can get lucky and start the boat when even a Part VIII doesn't have a morph at the ready instantly and you're out. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Pinehurst is the worst map to try and escape by boat. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Packanack is the easiest boat escape map

He can camp the exit in Packanack. You only escape on packanack if Jason lets you. 

22 hours ago, Carlso said:

start the boat, leave and use a hidden spot, wait till Jason is gone, then I get in the boat and escape

If you do that on Pinehurst is a guaranteed escape 70% of the time.

In case he's constantly checking the map and Morphs to the bridge at the right timing, you just need to get out of the boat and go to the land, since it's kind of close. With the boat really close to the bridge there's no way he'll Morph right on the next time.

If Jason knows how to camp the exit and keeps constantly checking the map, it's impossible to escape on Packanack by yourself. Better hope someone steps on an important trap, otherwise you are never going to escape.

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Pinehurst is the worst map to try and escape by boat.  Any Jason can just morph near the bridge and protect the bridge.  If the Jason has any skill whatsoever, you're never getting passed that bridge. 

Totally agree. 90% of my would be boat escapees, I have stopped at that bridge. The only times (maybe three times total) anyone has ever escaped against me on Pinehurst is when I didn't have morph available in enough time to get to that bridge. Have stopped several after the bridge as well. The water ways are big enough that Jason (especially if he's in rage) will get his abilities recharged fast enough to use multiple times.

@Carlso, I don't know what "hidden" spot you are referring to, but if I was Jason and I heard the boat start and it wasn't moving, first I would kill the motor to the boat, then I would search around that area with sense to see if anyone was near. Even if I didn't find you, I would get the sound notification of you starting the boat again.

35 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Totally agree. 90% of my would be boat escapees, I have stopped at that bridge. The only times (maybe three times total) anyone has ever escaped against me on Pinehurst is when I didn't have morph available in enough time to get to that bridge. Have stopped several after the bridge as well. The water ways are big enough that Jason (especially if he's in rage) will get his abilities recharged fast enough to use multiple times.

@Carlso, I don't know what "hidden" spot you are referring to, but if I was Jason and I heard the boat start and it wasn't moving, first I would kill the motor to the boat, then I would search around that area with sense to see if anyone was near. Even if I didn't find you, I would get the sound notification of you starting the boat again.

To be fair, I've heard many complain about the boat noise glitching and not activating, myself included. Might be why some Jason's can't fight that.

• Like 1

The only times I consider using the boat:

- Jason is trash / isnt really trying

- I am desperate

- I want to die

If I do use the boat I will:

- drop and run if i screw up the prop repair

- not start the boat until I know Jason is distracted or just used Morph.

- stay close to the shore if possible

- assume I will die 

25 minutes ago, MrSketchyFungus said:

To be fair, I've heard many complain about the boat noise glitching and not activating, myself included. Might be why some Jason's can't fight that.

I used to think this for the longest time too, but its not glitched, it is there. The sound is very faint and easy to miss if your preoccupied as Jason. The first time I ever heard it, I just happened to be in Stalk Mode, and it was still just barley as loud as a whisper. Another explanation could be that some of those Jason's just aren't recognizing the sound cue since it was glitched for so long.

1 minute ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I used to think this for the longest time too, but its not glitched, it is there. The sound is very faint and easy to miss if your preoccupied as Jason. The first time I ever heard it, I just happened to be in Stalk Mode, and it was still just barley as loud as a whisper. Another explanation could be that some of those Jason's just aren't recognizing the sound cue since it was glitched for so long.

You say it was glitched "for so long", but also that it isn't glitched? Cool cool cool. Great point. I know for a fact it was silent for a while so idk what you're trying to say really.