Sign in to follow this  
jujugotoday

Possible to escape in the boat?

With the new update it is now impossible to escape in the boat without Jason letting you. It was very difficult before but now there is no hope. 
Since the newest update has anyone actually escaped in the boat without Jason letting them?

Also is there anyone who thinks adding the boat notification is a good idea?

Because the boat was rather well balanced with the car before. The car informed jason if someone was escaping in it, but it was difficult to kill people in it. The boat was silent, but if jason noticed you then you were a sitting duck who would get instakilled, because jason can easily stop the boat. With the car Jason at least has to get in front of it. with the boat he just has to be somewhere near the sides or front. The boat has slow backup speed which makes backing up useless, where as in the car backing up jason has to get behind the car to stop it.

All and all the boat might as well be removed from the game since it ruins any map that it is on now.

Yeah, one escape less in the game. If you aren´t lucky that Jason is super busy in the exact moment when you start it, you can be sure to die if you try.

Another example of "Do they even play their own game?" They said boat is meant to be high risk, but it is actually impossible if Jason has more than 2 braincells left.

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

They said boat is meant to be high risk, but it is actually impossible if Jason has more than 2 braincells left.

We must be playing a different game.  Because this has nothing to do with Jasons brain cells.  And more about Jason not being able to be everywhere at once or noticing the boat.

The boat is low priority anyways.  If someone repairs it without messing up, and the Jason in play is a slow swimmer.  Its a guaranteed escape.

Screw up the repair and Jason is a fast swimmer...    Ain't no one escaping via the boat.

If Jason focuses on the boat too much.. It gives other objectives an easy opening.  

Many times i've had to let the boat escape when playing as Jason.  Not because i could not catch it, but because if i did, the car or phone would have got repaired.   So it comes down to letting 1 or 2 escape to make sure everyone else doesn't.

• Like 3

It's called strategic timing. Pay attention to Jason's Shift/Morph. Wait for him to be in hot pursuit of either someone who has annoyed him...or the car. It's not like Jason stands around waiting for notifications. Yes it may take a little more strategy, but it is very much doable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I'm up for any reasonable buff to the big J, "fixing" the boat start-up sound wasn't one of them.  Not that I'd complain about it, even as a Jason player I'd rather have them given me something more meaningful, like the Tommy radio cabin instead.

11 hours ago, jujugotoday said:

With the new update it is now impossible to escape in the boat without Jason letting you

You're being too dramatic.  Just wait for the car to get started then make off with the boat.  Just have to be strategic about it now.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

...... And more about Jason not being able to be everywhere at once or noticing the boat.

What he says.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

We must be playing a different game.  Because this has nothing to do with Jasons brain cells.  And more about Jason not being able to be everywhere at once or noticing the boat.

The boat is low priority anyways.  If someone repairs it without messing up, and the Jason in play is a slow swimmer.  Its a guaranteed escape.

Screw up the repair and Jason is a fast swimmer...    Ain't no one escaping via the boat.

If Jason focuses on the boat too much.. It gives other objectives an easy opening.  

Many times i've had to let the boat escape when playing as Jason.  Not because i could not catch it, but because if i did, the car or phone would have got repaired.   So it comes down to letting 1 or 2 escape to make sure everyone else doesn't.

You know what kind of Jason would ignore the phone and the car to go for the boat? I would. I’ve executed car and phone kills dozens of times, but after nearly a year of playing this game the only badges I am struggling to complete are the boat/swimming  related ones. I would let everybody else in the round go for a drowning or tipping the boat. Those alone would make the match a win in my book. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You know what kind of Jason would ignore the phone and the car to go for the boat? I would. I’ve executed car and phone kills dozens of times, but after nearly a year of playing this game the only badges I am struggling to complete are the boat/swimming  related ones. I would let everybody else in the round go for a drowning or tipping the boat. Those alone would make the match a win in my book. 

I still need five or so more boat tippings as well, but that is my last badge... once it is complete though... I would go for the car or phone over the boat.

Being I am still seeing people escape on the boat, and have done it myself since the patch... I can safely say, it is not a death trap. But I still do not like the boat startup warning. So few people went for the boat before the warning was added... now it quickly may become an escape option that much fewer people will attempt.

5 hours ago, TWarner said:

Hmmm...I have escaped in the Boat several times after the latest patch.

Same. And so did my other friends.

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

You know what kind of Jason would ignore the phone and the car to go for the boat? I would.

You can do what ever you want.. Alls i know is  I've seen plenty of games crumble for Jason when trying to protect the boat at the wrong time. It a numbers/gambling game IF counsellors push objectives. If they don't push objectives, it doesn't matter

Also when i use the boat i stay close to shore.. So if i do get tipped, i can get to land quickly. 

I'm a Jason-Preference Part VII-Only and I have to say the boat is still JUST as viable as it was before. If the counselor has an inkling of skill and strategy, they can escape via the boat just fine. Honestly, counselors have escaped via the boat on my "watch" maybe three times, that we before the patch. All three times I was stupid and wasted a teleport. So, human error. After the patch, I expect the ratio to stay the same.

If you play counselor, here's an idea (not being facetious), start the boat take it down the water a bit TOWARDS the exit. If you are worried Jason will come after you take the boat to shore real quick (unless Jason disables the boat you will have a running boat when you get back), avoid Jason for a little bit then get back in the boat and drive off. If you did it right, he would have no teleport nor Shift. That's what I would do. That's what I've done and that works.

I just escaped in the boat a game. The jason did not use any of his abilities and only used melee then was about to be killed by counselors and left the game. Yes it is possible to escape in the boat I just didn't realize that there are jasons that are so stupid that they cannot even use a brain cell

1 hour ago, jujugotoday said:

I just escaped in the boat a game. The jason did not use any of his abilities and only used melee then was about to be killed by counselors and left the game. Yes it is possible to escape in the boat I just didn't realize that there are jasons that are so stupid that they cannot even use a brain cell

There seem to be a LOT of new players in the last few days. Honestly they’re not much more of a challenge than the bots are, so to say that you can escape with the boat isn’t all that surprising. Most of them probably don’t even know what the sound is when they hear it. 

On 8/17/2018 at 6:11 AM, jujugotoday said:

With the new update it is now impossible to escape in the boat without Jason letting you. It was very difficult before but now there is no hope. 
Since the newest update has anyone actually escaped in the boat without Jason letting them?

Also is there anyone who thinks adding the boat notification is a good idea?

Because the boat was rather well balanced with the car before. The car informed jason if someone was escaping in it, but it was difficult to kill people in it. The boat was silent, but if jason noticed you then you were a sitting duck who would get instakilled, because jason can easily stop the boat. With the car Jason at least has to get in front of it. with the boat he just has to be somewhere near the sides or front. The boat has slow backup speed which makes backing up useless, where as in the car backing up jason has to get behind the car to stop it.

All and all the boat might as well be removed from the game since it ruins any map that it is on now.

It's been made like this to discourage counsellors from using it, before the update it was the easiest escape route since you only needed 2 parts and Jason couldn't trap it... it's more balanced now in the fact that you have to wait until Jason is preoccupied before using the boat. Anyway, I don't think it's that big of a deal since only 2 counsellors can escape in the boat anyway. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I would go for the boat mainly for the fact that as a part 8 main it's the easiest kill it would only take a minute away from whatever it distracted me away from and it allows me to stalk morph shift grab back to wherever the action is. I like the change but they never went for the boat before they won't go for it now for sure.

22 hours ago, Ahab said:

So few people went for the boat before the warning was added... now it quickly may become an escape option that much fewer people will attempt.

Wait- there is a startup sound for the boat that alerts Jason, now? Since when??

29 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Wait- there is a startup sound for the boat that alerts Jason, now? Since when??

The last patch (PC only) added a boat start up warning for Jason. It is mentioned in the patch notes.

• Thanks 1

I played a match as Jason and the boat escaped in the first two minutes. I didn't even hear it...……..

Then I woke up and realized it was just a Dream and I had to laugh…...

Erm….Does that one Count?

I guess this will eventually come to Xbox. Is it a different start sound or the same as the car?

Since this boat start up sound was added, I have not been checking my map to see if the boat is moving as it no longer seemed necessary..... Then, last night... about ten minutes into a game, I noticed the boat was gone.... and I received no start up warning at all... and yes, I was listening for it.
   After this game was finished, I asked who escaped on the boat... it was a friend that I play the game with a lot... I have heard the start up sound in other games, but not in that game... back to watching the map for moving boats... it seems to be a more reliable way to know when a boat is moving.

@Grape The boat start up sound that Jason hears... when it works... is the same sound you hear as a counselor when you start the boat.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:12 PM, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’ve executed car and phone kills dozens of times, but after nearly a year of playing this game the only badges I am struggling to complete are the boat/swimming  related ones.

This is exactly why they added the sound back into the game.

And for everyone arguing over whether the sound was in the game or not: it always has been, it's just been a matter of Jason's proximity to the boat when it's started.

And I don't care how fast Jason is in the water, the "average" Jason cannot stop Lachappa if he's running a one-man picket fence while driving the boat, even if camped at the exit.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:49 PM, Frumpy The Clown said:

I'm a Jason-Preference Part VII-Only and I have to say the boat is still JUST as viable as it was before. If the counselor has an inkling of skill and strategy, they can escape via the boat just fine. Honestly, counselors have escaped via the boat on my "watch" maybe three times, that we before the patch. All three times I was stupid and wasted a teleport. So, human error. After the patch, I expect the ratio to stay the same.

If you play counselor, here's an idea (not being facetious), start the boat take it down the water a bit TOWARDS the exit. If you are worried Jason will come after you take the boat to shore real quick (unless Jason disables the boat you will have a running boat when you get back), avoid Jason for a little bit then get back in the boat and drive off. If you did it right, he would have no teleport nor Shift. That's what I would do. That's what I've done and that works.

I've done that on occasion. If a Jason player is talking too much trash to back up with their skills, I'll get the boat going, then abandon it. Jason comes looking to stop it, finding an empty boat. Just after he morphs near my position, a teammate will start the car, and another will call the cops. I did that once, with 5 of us getting away before Jason rage quit.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:47 PM, jujugotoday said:

That doesn't make a Jason stupid. It sounds more like a newcomer to the game. Whenever I meet a player who is new to the game, I'll direct them here to the forums to read some of the insightful guides. A couple of hours later, they are a lot better off.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:37 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

There seem to be a LOT of new players in the last few days. Honestly they’re not much more of a challenge than the bots are, so to say that you can escape with the boat isn’t all that surprising. Most of them probably don’t even know what the sound is when they hear it. 

The challenge of a new player can only be improved if someone is willing to help them

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

This is exactly why they added the sound back into the game.

And for everyone arguing over whether the sound was in the game or not: it always has been, it's just been a matter of Jason's proximity to the boat when it's started.

And I don't care how fast Jason is in the water, the "average" Jason cannot stop Lachappa if he's running a one-man picket fence while driving the boat, even if camped at the exit.

Sounds like Brochappa strikes again... ?