HaHaTrumpWon

Jason SERIOUSLY needs some stun protection.

59 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I am an equal opportunity destroyer... friend, total stranger... it matters not. If I can catch them they will be "put down." I have friends that seem to hunt me and leave everyone else alone... which can actually lead to some amusing gameplay... It is just a game after all.
   But I have run into groups like that as well... I just try to make it difficult on the Jason player without being a troll. I am a very polite potential victim... until they get rude first.

I don't teabag them or talk shit to them. I will run them ragged and lay them on their ass though. I play the same way as you do with friends. If I catch them I kill them same as I would anyone else.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I don't teabag them or talk shit to them. I will run them ragged and lay them on their ass though. I play the same way as you do with friends. If I catch them I kill them same as I would anyone else.

I have friends that seem to enjoy "teabagging"... I do not partake in the teabagging myself... but it does not annoy me at all when others do it. I do, however, understand why others find it annoying... so I find my self not wanting to do it... ever. 
   Its the overly rude assholes that annoy me... but I can be rude back... or ignore them... depending on my mood at the time. I could never understand why people think its o.k. to be rude to you in one match... and then expect you to help them in any way the next match. I might just run them over though.... by "accident."

Back on topic.... Where is the damned stun protection!?!?!?! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

I have friends that seem to enjoy "teabagging"... I do not partake in the teabagging myself... but it does not annoy me at all when others do it. I do, however, understand why others find it annoying... so I find my self not wanting to do it... ever. 
   Its the overly rude assholes that annoy me... but I can be rude back... or ignore them... depending on my mood at the time. I could never understand why people think its o.k. to be rude to you in one match... and then expect you to help them in any way the next match. I might just run them over though.... by "accident."

Yeah , same for me. It doesn't annoy I just think it's very rude and disrespectful. Dancing.....I don't why but it just makes me grin every time. I only teabag if the Jason used a macro , speedhack , talked a lot of shit or when he is just asshole.

And seemingly , it's okay when it is used as a strategy…..and People do whatever they can to win…..but come on , let's be real , only a few People actually use it to their Advantage.

4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah , same for me. It doesn't annoy I just think it's very rude and disrespectful. Dancing.....I don't why but it just makes me grin every time. I only teabag if the Jason used a macro , speedhack , talked a lot of shit or when he is just asshole.

And seemingly , it's okay when it is used as a strategy…..and People do whatever they can to win…..but come on , let's be real , only a few People actually use it to their Advantage.

It is somewhat disrespectful... I have to agree, that is why I do not do it... to friends or strangers. But it does not annoy me and I can let it slide from others.
   "All is fair in love and war".... but this is neither... It is a game. People die in war, they are not dying in a game... only their avatar is... and only sometimes, which is then miraculously resurrected for the next match... leaving that one a piss poor excuse for being rude to people. 
   "Verbal abuse" is far more hurtful and rude than someone crouching and standing and crouching and standing over a character in a game.... Also, in real life... the verbal abuse is usually what leads to "sticks and stones breaking peoples bones."
   As far as dancing goes.... In my opinion... They can dance if they want to, but the team can also leave them behind... or give them a ride, its up to the car driver... Sometimes.... the dancers were actually the distraction that enabled the team to get a car (or cars) going... so they deserve a ride too... as long as they were not being assholes.

Being "real"... there are a lot of assholes in online play. Not just in this game, but in a great many of games. There are also a lot of good people... Playing with friends can make us forget about how toxic quick play can be. But random is random... you can have many games in a row without meeting any rude people... or many games in a row filled with the most horrendous assholes out there. There are good experiences and bad... the difference being a good experience will keep someone playing... but even one bad experience can easily stop someone from playing.

• Like 1

I really get mad when I constantly get knocked down or stunned when playing. To me, it only happens when the councilor locks onto Jason to hit him. One thing I can suggest to the developers is to have the weapon break when the councilors hit Jason while he is stunned, even if they have a perk that allows more hits from the weapon.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:58 PM, Ahab said:

Same place as Illfonics reputation: the toilet, never to see the light of day again.

• Like 1

I am 50/50 but mostly agreeing because I have had matches with people trying to gang up on me until I slash them all and I don't get mad tbh since I know I can get them if they preoccupied.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:45 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Same place as Illfonics reputation: the toilet, never to see the light of day again.

Maybe they need a window in their bathroom.

On 8/18/2018 at 8:30 AM, JasonLives86 said:

EXACTLY! I wholeheartedly agree with every word you said. I hate how casual everyone is with killing Jason now. It's like "hey you guys wanna kill Jason?"every round, instead of being the rare, BIG EVENT it's supposed to be. And absolutely something needs to be done about the ridiculous amount of stunning a counselor can do to Jason. This may not be the right place to say it, but in playing the game as Jason for as long as I have, I just recently picked up on something. Some counselors, and especially the trolls, use an annoying tactic where when you're chasing them, instead of sprinting to get away like they should, they just do a casual jog a few feet in front of you. When you try to grab them, you're not close enough, and they will take advantage of Jason being stuck in his grab animation to whip around and stun him. This results in you basically having to "out troll the trolls" by quickly spinning around when they try this, and that's a shame. Instead, I think the best thing to do is whittle them down with throwing knives, and don't even bother grabbing them until you know for certain you WILL grab them. I think Jason should be stun resistant while locked into any of his animations, including the infamous walking through the door in rage mode. Jason is not a pinata, he is a killing machine that should be feared.

I think that the main problem is that shifting into combat mode and blocking is too long for Jason.

That needs to be quickened up, maybe Jason needs a bonus in quickness when he is surrounded by a crowd so he can block and counter-attack ?

1.) Brief invulnerability to stun attacks after guns or pocket knives

2.) Increased grab radius (right now it's a rectangle, and it needs to be a cone again)

3.) Total and complete invulnerability to stun while in Rage Mode. Some might not agree with this, but no one should be able to stun Jason while Rage Mode is active, I don't care what perks you have. Otherwise, Rage Mode is just another handicap for Jason. You can't knock on doors to taunt counselors, and you can't block their attacks during a Wall/Door smash animation, so Rage Mode basically just makes you even more of a walking pinata than you were before. Counselors should FEAR putting Jason into Rage Mode, instead they work for it because it makes him easier to hit. This is not the way a Jason game should play. But hey at least your abilities recharge slightly faster...so there's that...I mean, they don't recharge instantly, because, you know, we wouldn't want to make Jason OVERPOWERED or anything, God forbid...

4.) Reduce the transition time between Combat/Regular Stance, and increase blocking speed. The only way to thwart a gang beating is by walking around in Combat Stance while holding block, but this means you can't attack in return because: A.) Counselors can easily sprint away from your slow attacks and B.) It takes way too long for Jason to come out of a block before attacking anyway

I also like the idea of Jason being able to retrieve his mask after he's killed the person holding it. Just give it a button-prompt and use the trap-placing animation to show him picking it up. This isn't rocket-science.

• Like 2

I responded to this awhile ago but: Jason only needs diminishing effects on stunning if he's constantly attacked. The diminishing effects should end after so much time passes.

On 9/22/2018 at 9:44 AM, Brevator said:

2.) Increased grab radius (right now it's a rectangle, and it needs to be a cone again)

3.) Total and complete invulnerability to stun while in Rage Mode. Some might not agree with this, but no one should be able to stun Jason while Rage Mode is active, I don't care what perks you have. Otherwise, Rage Mode is just another handicap for Jason. You can't knock on doors to taunt counselors, and you can't block their attacks during a Wall/Door smash animation, so Rage Mode basically just makes you even more of a walking pinata than you were before. Counselors should FEAR putting Jason into Rage Mode, instead they work for it because it makes him easier to hit. This is not the way a Jason game should play. But hey at least your abilities recharge slightly faster...so there's that...I mean, they don't recharge instantly, because, you know, we wouldn't want to make Jason OVERPOWERED or anything, God forbid...

4.) Reduce the transition time between Combat/Regular Stance, and increase blocking speed. The only way to thwart a gang beating is by walking around in Combat Stance while holding block, but this means you can't attack in return because: A.) Counselors can easily sprint away from your slow attacks and B.) It takes way too long for Jason to come out of a block before attacking anyway

I also like the idea of Jason being able to retrieve his mask after he's killed the person holding it. Just give it a button-prompt and use the trap-placing animation to show him picking it up. This isn't rocket-science.

Great ideas. I think it was 2 days ago we were playing together and I was the last survivor on Jarvis for 5 minutes until you showed up as a Tommy and we killed his ass. It was one of the most organic Jason kills too because this guy thought he was going to sweep the lobby because he killed everyone else really early. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 3:44 PM, Brevator said:

You summarized that well.

The Jason recovering his mask is a bad idea. That would be equal to Jason regaining HP, he's already powerful as is. Also, in the movies, once Jason's masked is knocked off, he NEVER recovers his masks. Case and point: Parts 2, 4, 5 (technically since Roy was dead when unmasked), 7, and 8.

Stun immunity while raging through doors/walls and a stun cooldown (so many seconds of immunity) after recovering from a stun while you can still attack/grab, this should apply to grab kills too that way you're highly encouraged to run after you stun Jason instead of attempting to troll/grief.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again -

Jason gets knocked down and then stands back up, now he “can’t Get stunned” for about 15- 20 seconds! Forcing players to scatter away! 

Also “Stalk” at start of match!!! 

15-20 seconds would be too long, 5-10 would be more balanced. Or as I previously mentioned, diminishing effects: Every time he gets stunned, if he's hit again in a short amount of time, the less chance you have to stun him until time passes. It works in World of Warcraft wit the Rogue class.

Quick bit about that: Around the release of the game to AROUND Burning Crusade, the first expansion, Stun Lock Rogues were a thing in which they'd consistently keep you in a stunned state while damaging you until they got big combo points and hit a finisher followed up by a new stun. The way it worked then, you could infinitely lock people out of moving and in turn,prevent yourself from being hit 90% of the time. They implemented a system where each time you used a stunned, the next one had less chance of working so you could no longer keep people stunned infinitely. 

A system like that for Jason would be good, especially with someone like Chad with a wrench or bat as he's virtually guaranteed to stun Jason 100% of the time. It's gotten to a point I just slash when I see Chad and Victoria.

Either way most of us agree this needs to be tweaked, Illfonic had to have adjusted this at some point, it was not always this bad, the stun resistance stat use to actually mean something.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:11 AM, BeautyNumber2 said:

Great ideas. I think it was 2 days ago we were playing together and I was the last survivor on Jarvis for 5 minutes until you showed up as a Tommy and we killed his ass. It was one of the most organic Jason kills too because this guy thought he was going to sweep the lobby because he killed everyone else really early. 

That was epic