HaHaTrumpWon

Jason SERIOUSLY needs some stun protection.

I'm not going to bother finding videos of Jason being bullied, as I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about without having to see examples. When a little Asian girl with glasses can repeatedly stun Jason over and over using a fireplace poker, there is  clearly a problem.  Last night I saw four games in a row that ended either with Jason getting killed, or getting his ass kicked like a football, and I couldn't help but think of CharminEXSoft's video way back before the games release day that stated F13 The Game "Is not a 'Go kill Jason' game, it's a 'Run from Jason' game". Apparently, he was very wrong.

As others have pointed out, killing Jason has gone from a super rare event to one that gets attempted nearly every round. Do you guys have any intention whatsoever of looking into it?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@ShiftySamurai, any thoughts? You guys should really do something about this, cause Jason having no options against groups except using knifes and running away, and that is not fun.

• Thanks 1

EXACTLY! I wholeheartedly agree with every word you said. I hate how casual everyone is with killing Jason now. It's like "hey you guys wanna kill Jason?"every round, instead of being the rare, BIG EVENT it's supposed to be. And absolutely something needs to be done about the ridiculous amount of stunning a counselor can do to Jason. This may not be the right place to say it, but in playing the game as Jason for as long as I have, I just recently picked up on something. Some counselors, and especially the trolls, use an annoying tactic where when you're chasing them, instead of sprinting to get away like they should, they just do a casual jog a few feet in front of you. When you try to grab them, you're not close enough, and they will take advantage of Jason being stuck in his grab animation to whip around and stun him. This results in you basically having to "out troll the trolls" by quickly spinning around when they try this, and that's a shame. Instead, I think the best thing to do is whittle them down with throwing knives, and don't even bother grabbing them until you know for certain you WILL grab them. I think Jason should be stun resistant while locked into any of his animations, including the infamous walking through the door in rage mode. Jason is not a pinata, he is a killing machine that should be feared.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, JasonLives86 said:

EXACTLY! I wholeheartedly agree with every word you said. I hate how casual everyone is with killing Jason now. It's like "hey you guys wanna kill Jason?"every round, instead of being the rare, BIG EVENT it's supposed to be. And absolutely something needs to be done about the ridiculous amount of stunning a counselor can do to Jason. This may not be the right place to say it, but in playing the game as Jason for as long as I have, I just recently picked up on something. Some counselors, and especially the trolls, use an annoying tactic where when you're chasing them, instead of sprinting to get away like they should, they just do a casual jog a few feet in front of you. When you try to grab them, you're not close enough, and they will take advantage of Jason being stuck in his grab animation to whip around and stun him. This results in you basically having to "out troll the trolls" by quickly spinning around when they try this, and that's a shame. Instead, I think the best thing to do is whittle them down with throwing knives, and don't even bother grabbing them until you know for certain you WILL grab them. I think Jason should be stun resistant while locked into any of his animations, including the infamous walking through the door in rage mode. Jason is not a pinata, he is a killing machine that should be feared.

Agreed! Jason is a killing machine! Not a pansy, smh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe have Jason be able to pick his mask back up if he kills whoever is carrying it.

Or something as simple as reducing his stun times each time he is hit with the same weapon type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonLives86 said:

And add to that you can cancel the heal spray with Combat stance , hit Jason and Interrupt the heal Animation and get healed. I hate that they can just jog in front of you.

Maybe if they try to dodge or block hits , put traps where they must be, you wouldn't see that thing happening so often .

The thing is sometimes there are huge gaps between levels and that can affect it , i think it would be impossible for a new jason not to die against players over 100(lets not even mention 150), i've see jasons who killed us all in less than 10 mins too which means depends on who plays.

All Jason needs for now is a few seconds of stun immunity after a stun, along with complete immunity to stuns while Jason is breaking doors and walls open in Rage Mode.

• Like 1

Agree with this thread.

Jason need a better grab range/radius/speed.

And they changed the protection system in combat stance. Now when you get hit, you have to push again the button to protect.

It's more stressful to play Jason than counselor in a Friday the 13th game...

I gave it some thought and have come up with a 3-part idea that I think would (in my opinion) help relieve the issue without giving Jason an over-sized buff. Bear in mind that the numbers are not official and I'm only using them for reference purposes.

1) As it is now, a melee attack will usually succeed in stunning Jason regardless of who does it. I understand the strength stat plays a big role in that but the fact still remains that even the weakest characters can repeatedly knock Jason the fuck out, even with a crappy weapon. You could try and tailor the stun chance to fit whichever counselor is attacking (such as a wrench having a 20% stun chance if the counselors Strength stat is less than 3/10 and a 40% chance if it's 4/10 or higher) but that seems like it'd needlessly complicate things. Instead, why not just reduce Jason's overall chance of being stunned? Instead of dropping the stun chance for each weapon (I.E. wrench now has 15% SC instead of 20%) just decrease Jasons over-all probability of ANY melee attack resulting in a stun.

2) Jason has a window of stun-immunity, but it's a VERY short window. If Jason gets pocketknived, he can be stunned again immediately after he regains movement control. In a tightly-clustered group of counselors, Jason can perform a grab, get stunned by another counselor (making him drop whoever he grabbed), get up, grab another counselor, get PK'ed, then immediately stunned again as soon as the PK stun wears off. The time between stuns wouldn't have to be increased to some crazy-high length of time, it just needs to be long enough that counselors can no longer treat him as a punching bag. 

3) As many others have suggested, it would be a big help if Jason's stun chance gets lowered once he enters rage mode. As an example, if his pre-rage overall SC is 30% (meaning that out of 10 melee hits, roughly 3 of them will result in a stun) his post-rage SC could be dropped to about 10% or so. This would allow counselors to still be able to stun him, but not with the frequency they could before Rage activated. 

On a side note, it would be worth considering a change where instead of reducing stun chance, you reduce the actual stun TIME. 

• Like 3

He doesn't need extended grab range. The range is fine. The radius and length of the animation when you miss are what need work.

I do agree a stun immunity of around 5 seconds after a stun would help alot. They also need to fix quick block. Fixing that alone would be a huge boost.

I don't think he should have immunity when busting through doors and walls in rage. Getting hit in that instance is the penalty for you being obvious about the door you're coming through. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

He doesn't need extended grab range. The range is fine. The radius and length of the animation when you miss are what need work.

I do agree a stun immunity of around 5 seconds after a stun would help alot. They also need to fix quick block. Fixing that alone would be a huge boost.

I don't think he should have immunity when busting through doors and walls in rage. Getting hit in that instance is the penalty for you being obvious about the door you're coming through. 

yeah, and on single door cabins, fake going for the door, loop back to window and knife their ass. That usually backs them off for a sec to rage through and get grab or get them on the run

1 minute ago, Pazuzu said:

I thought stun protection was called "block" in the instruction manual.

Well when it works... most the time its so slow and clunky you have no chance. Haven't tried it much since latest patch, but know its been fucked since engine update

17 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

I thought stun protection was called "block" in the instruction manual.

It is. But quick block isn't effective anymore unless you're host.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah, and on single door cabins, fake going for the door, loop back to window and knife their ass. That usually backs them off for a sec to rage through and get grab or get them on the run

Exactly. Rage let's you instantly in the cabin, there should be a counter. Like I said if you get hit raging through a door that's your penalty for being obvious. My favorite is when a Jason opens a door, gets hit, then opens the door again after you close it on them.

Don’t worry, I am about to post some “protection” techniques. But if you are the kind of player that just wants wins handed to them without any work, they are not for you.

@thrawn3054 block still works fine if you aren’t host, you just need to read the counselors a bit more to compensate for the delay. Of course it is an issue but it can be overcome with a bit more practice / prediction. 

Basically, counselor swing start-up time will allow a block in time (even as client) as long as you are correctly anticipating the swing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Don’t worry, I am about to post some “protection” techniques. But if you are the kind of player that just wants wins handed to them without any work, they are not for you.

Where do you actually post them always?

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Where do you actually post them always?

In the Playbook thread and on my YT channel. There is a link in my sig.

• Thanks 1

just putting it out there but i play Part 9 a lot and as i'm sure you guys know one of his strengths is "Stun Resistance"

I get stunned just as much with Part 9 as any other Jason, if not MORE and the Duration oscillates(which i assume is dependent on the Perks the Stunner has) 

Just annoys me that it's supposed to be his strength.

26 minutes ago, tpb1992 said:

just putting it out there but i play Part 9 a lot and as i'm sure you guys know one of his strengths is "Stun Resistance"

I get stunned just as much with Part 9 as any other Jason, if not MORE and the Duration oscillates(which i assume is dependent on the Perks the Stunner has) 

Stun Resistance isn't the chance of being stun its that its easier to recover from stuns.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tpb1992 said:

I actually get less stunned as Part IX. But not every match...It's different every match. But it should be a lot stronger.

And as Fart Smucker said , it's more of a Shorter stun. 

• Like 1

I'm all in for some Jason buffs, but lets not cry out whenever we see a "baby" Jason get his ass handed to him by veteran counselors.

On 8/16/2018 at 8:28 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

When a little Asian girl with glasses can repeatedly stun Jason over and over using a fireplace poker, there is  clearly a problem.

As silly as it looks, this will always happen in a video game when there is a discrepancy of skill between players.  I recall this Savini player (actual legit backer) fuming at me after taking stun after stun with Jenny and complained how a sub-100 pound girl is knocking Jason to the ground as I kited him alone for the last 10 mins, and this was before the engine (grab nerf) update.

On 8/16/2018 at 8:28 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I couldn't help but think of CharminEXSoft's video way back before the games release day that stated F13 The Game "Is not a 'Go kill Jason' game, it's a 'Run from Jason' game". Apparently, he was very wrong.

Well, that became inevitable when they decided to add the "kill the killer" mechanic.  Personal, it's my favorite mechanic, even as a Jason player, and it's among the reason why I haven't transition to DBD like majority of my friends list has.  F13 allows survivors a more compelling means of interacting and combating the killer than palette looping.

4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

But if you are the kind of player that just wants wins handed to them without any work, they are not for you.

As always I'm in agreeance with you.  A video game should never be a one-sided experience, making one side brain-dead without allowing any sort of counter playing.  Becoming a strong counselor is quite a rewarding experience, and then becoming a Jason that can deal with such players is even more rewarding.

The way stun currently works IMO is fine.  The only part I wished was fixed is giving Jason invincibility coming out of a stun/kill.  Since this recent patch, I noticed getting into block quickly has become more responsive. While I'm not sure yet if it has been restored to the state it was back before the engine update, definitely the best it has been since then.

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

The way stun currently works IMO is fine.  The only part I wished was fixed is giving Jason invincibility coming out of a stun/kill.  Since this recent patch, I noticed getting into block quickly has become more responsive. While I'm not sure yet if it has been restored to the state it was back before the engine update, definitely the best it has been since then.

Invincibility when coming out of a stun or kill would be great and help a lot... but I think he needs this immunity when crashing through the door as well, unless I am mistaken, that would be all of his indefensible positions.... and there should be no indefensible positions for Jason... except of course when he grabs someone... The rescue hit is necessary and Jason should never be able to block that one... nor have any active stun immunity after he initiates a grab.
   After crashing through the door, which would be a much harder hit to himself than any weapon swung by any counselor... it makes no sense for this to be an easy stun on him in my opinion.
   I have also noticed that the block seems to be a bit quicker to get into it now... but it is still not as quick as it was.