Sign in to follow this  
malloymk

Can't even add a rock but...

Here is a boat alert noise for Jason. Yeah yeah, apparently this is a bug that's been in the game even though these guys have gone on record saying it was meant to be silent. 

Do these developers even play this game?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Noticed sound was missing when someone grabbed sweater last night. Jason never came so not sure if he didnt get sound alert,  didnt notice it or just didnt have morph ready

25 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Here is a boat alert noise for Jason. Yeah yeah, apparently this is a bug that's been in the game even though these guys have gone on record saying it was meant to be silent. 

The sound is supposed to be there, if they went on record prove it. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Sound was there months ago, but it got patched out. Therefore putting the sound back in is not adding new content. Adding a rock would fall under new content.

3 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Xbox has NEVER had the sound. Not even at launch. Only sound you heard was someone messing up the gas or propeller. 

Same with ps4. There is a sound you could hear if you were near the dock that you would hear, but there was no alert if you were somewhere else on the map. And there shouldn't be.

• Like 1

If it's the same sound that you heard at the dock when the boat starts then it doesn't matter because it's and already existing asset.

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Same with ps4. There is a sound you could hear if you were near the dock that you would hear, but there was no alert if you were somewhere else on the map. And there shouldn't be.

EXACTLY. Which is why the boat has been my lone wolf go to escape method since launch. So if they add that sound to PS4 and Xbox, that’s NEW CONTENT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

EXACTLY. Which is why the boat has been my lone wolf go to escape method since launch. So if they add that sound to PS4 and Xbox, that’s NEW CONTENT. 

I bumped Ben's post from last year, but people will still misremember a boat noise that hadn't existed since launch. 

36 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I totally knew someone would do this Kind of topic….I should have made a bet…..I could have been 10 bucks richer now…..

I could have bet 10 bucks you'd be slobbering up an added dumb game mechanic and I would have been 10 bucks richer too.

• Thanks 3

I could have bet 10 bucks you'd be slobbering up an added dumb game mechanic and I would have been 10 bucks richer too.

h4jg94D.png

Dude , chill the fuck down. I am just here to have some fun and not get in an arguement Right now. Or did I somehow trigger you with my post? If yes , then I am sorry. 

Also , I don't hate the Revival of the boat start up Sound and neither do I like it , if you thought ''I am slobbering up an added dumb game mechanic'' , then you're wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

No. That's not how that works. Its existing content that was performing incorrectly.

9 minutes ago, malloymk said:

1- I'm can dish it out better than you can. The old "sorry I offended you" schtick is a crutch. I get it. You love the game and support the devs. That said you're obnoxious and in this case just completely wrong. Which leads me to point 2.

2 - Since launch on PS4 there was no boat alert noise. This did not exist. Again, you love the devs so no matter what you'll just take their word for it bit again, you're simply wrong. 

3 - Even if this were to be a bug, "fixing" it just makes that objective far worse than it was before. I want Jason to be stronger. Making objectives weaker is not how I want them to go about that goal.

1- No , I am serious , if I offended you , I am sorry , as I said , I am not here to have a bad time. I am not here to have some verbal fights. If you still don't believe me.....then I don't know man.....you should not take everything negative.

2-Okay , seems like it was there on PC , we don't know the whole truth yet , we Need some more more People backing it up. No , I like the devs because they brought me a game I love. I know that they fucked up so hard and often but as Long as I have fun with the game , I am happy.

3-We haven't heard yet if there is even a Sound cue now and even if it is , I don't care About it being there. But I can agree , that it is not the best choice they made.

Holy moly , some People can get Angry very easily…...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

No. That's not how that works. Its existing content that was performing incorrectly.

Nope. It was never there or meant to be there. Ben confirmed it a year ago. 

• Thanks 1

The sound should have always been there, even if Big Bens opinion says otherwise.  If Jason can hear a car start from any distance, it stands to reason that a boat will too.  This is a non-issue that shouldn't upset anyone.  More power to Jason and more of a challenge for counselors, EXACTLY how it should be.

The alerts, to me, were never the problem... It was the Morph grid layout.  A car or boat could easily escape if the game decided to put you some distance off the area you chose on the Morph map, and it happens a lot if you try getting ahead of the boat on Pinehurst near the bottleneck on the West between the exit and that nearest bridge.  It won't put you between the exit and bridge, but instead will put you up on land away from the bridge or in the water some distance EAST of that Western bridge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Since when did you guys start to believe what These guys say?

I don’t. This is just more proof not to believe them. They said Jason shouldn’t hear the boat a year ago because it’s easier to catch. Now they added new content so he can hear it. It’s just more bullshit. That’s my point. 

13 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

1- No , I am serious , if I offended you , I am sorry , as I said , I am not here to have a bad time. I am not here to have some verbal fights. If you still don't believe me.....then I don't know man.....you should not take everything negative.

2-Okay , seems like it was there on PC , we don't know the whole truth yet , we Need some more more People backing it up. No , I like the devs because they brought me a game I love. I know that they fucked up so hard and often but as Long as I have fun with the game , I am happy.

3-We haven't heard yet if there is even a Sound cue now and even if it is , I don't care About it being there. But I can agree , that it is not the best choice they made.

Holy moly , some People can get Angry very easily…...

Lol. I'm not angry, but I want a little more than anecdotal "well, I think there was a noise, maybe in January or launch, i dunno" type evidence.

I'll be watching some videos of gameplay at launch. If I see I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

10 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

The sound should have always been there, even if Big Bens opinion says otherwise.  If Jason can hear a car start from any distance, it stands to reason that a boat will too.  This is a non-issue that shouldn't upset anyone.  More power to Jason and more of a challenge for counselors, EXACTLY how it should be.

The alerts, to me, were never the problem... It was the Morph grid layout.  A car or boat could easily escape if the game decided to put you some distance off the area you chose on the Morph map, and it happens a lot if you try getting ahead of the boat on Pinehurst near the bottleneck on the West between the exit and that nearest bridge.  It won't put you between the exit and bridge, but instead will put you up on land away from the bridge or in the water some distance EAST of that Western bridge.

Fair points, but I disagree with the fact that there should be an alert. On the car if you get stopped you can run out, in the water you're dead. Of course this isn't taking rubberbanding into account either.

Also, I'm all for Jason being stronger, objectives being made virtually obsolete is not how I woukd go about doing that 

• Like 4

Lol. I'm not angry, but I want a little more than anecdotal "well, I think there was a noise, maybe in January or launch, i dunno" type evidence.

I'll be watching some videos of gameplay at launch. If I see I'm wrong, I'll admit it. 

Phew , thanks.

42 minutes ago, malloymk said:

On the car if you get stopped you can run out, in the water you're dead. 

That is the risk of taking the boat.  More direct and less obstructions to the exit, yet vulnerable if caught.  I don't see the problem.  I want this to be a HORROR game, so anything to make that faux feeling of survival a bit more intense I'm all for.  Just like the movies (aside from hearing his prox music in the game) it emphasizes that Jason could potentially be ANYWHERE at ANY TIME.  I LOVE THAT!

42 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Also, I'm all for Jason being stronger, objectives being made virtually obsolete is not how I woukd go about doing that 

An objective item in the bottom of the lake or glitched into the terrain makes the objectives obsolete.  A sound cue just makes you (as a counselor) a much more favorable target, but not a 100% guaranteed death (dependant on the Jason players skill/ attention/ intention).  Again, a non-issue that only bothers people who want to "win" (as in (and not to say YOU sspecifically) playing in the mindset of a FPS, needing to win because anything less is a strike against your game skills AND your social standing in real life (for fucks sake, I hate social media)) .  I want to survive by the "Skin O' My Teeth" or BRUTALLY die trying.

@malloymk (Keep in mind, this isn't an angry tag.)  I won't keep this up.  I wouldn't be able to convince you this is a positive just as you can't convince me it's a negative.  Agree to disagree & that's that, I guess.

• Like 2

Things like this have been this game's undoing. Ignoring actual issues to implement changes that literally no one asked for.

• Like 4