Sign in to follow this  
Daneasaur

Main thing Consoles need (not servers)

By following the progress of the game, I've found that I do love coming back to it and butchering AI and doing the challenges with the various Jasons. There is just one problem:

Those modes are offline modes, and as a result, we need Offline Saves for our profiles.

One day, support will no longer be there for the game. I want to be able to boot it up and use the pig splitter with Part 7 just for fun. I want to have positive times with it because of my profile. As it stands, I was insanely frustrated when PSN was down and I wanted to play this game in offline mode for a while, but I wasn't even permitted to start it because it couldn't link up to the internet and access my online profile.

• Like 1

Several people have brought up the fact that we need client side saves, it was said that they were going to look into it, but it wasn't as major of concern as the bug fixes and dedicated servers at the moment. So, like everything else, it will be coming soon.

• Like 1

i'm hoping it will be there on the Ultimate Slasher Edition when that comes out on September 14th,otherwise the game's release will be useless.

• Sad 1

Yeah, I'm hoping it does come. It's fun to start up and go some killing but I really fear booting it up one day and just... not being able to "sign in" and having a dead game...

from what i read on Gamestop's website,the offline modes are supposed to be on the physical disc,which will be good,so i'm really hoping the ability to save our level and unlocked characters on our system's hard drive will be there as well.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:58 PM, JF13 said:

from what i read on Gamestop's website,the offline modes are supposed to be on the physical disc,which will be good,so i'm really hoping the ability to save our level and unlocked characters on our system's hard drive will be there as well.

I'm afraid that saving our progression on our HDD won't be on the disc. ?

On 8/18/2018 at 7:25 AM, HowAreYa said:

I'm afraid that saving our progression on our HDD won't be on the disc. ?

how do you know?How is anyone supposed to access the other Jason's once the game gets discontinued?Do you have facts,or is this more rumors that we don't need?

1 hour ago, JF13 said:

how do you know?How is anyone supposed to access the other Jason's once the game gets discontinued?Do you have facts,or is this more rumors that we don't need?

The latest patch hasn't been released for consoles yet. It doesn't contain local saves, otherwise we would be told and PC would have it too. The latest patch for consoles isn't even written on the discs, because it hasn't gone through cert yet. So local saves also won't be written on the disc. Just a matter of thinking logically. No rumors, just facts.

• Sad 1

in that case i don't think i'm going to buy the new disc then.It's a waste of time.I'll need to consider if i still want to stay with this game then.

i think i'm done with this game.The ability to save our progress offline is a must,and if it's not going to be on the new disc,then it's not worth keeping this game going.If the ability to save our data/level/unlocks offline is only going to be 'update data' on our hard drives,what happens when the game is discontinued and the patch isn't available for download anymore?Well,if someone's system dies and needs to be replaced,you're stuck at level 0 forever.You won't be able to level up and unlock the other Jasons,nor learn new kills for them,which would make the decision to have the ability to save your dat to your hard drive not being on the new disc the biggest mistake in the gaming industry.After all the crap,disappointments and the content we're never going to see from this game, WE DESERVE BETTER.Goodbye everyone.

5 hours ago, JF13 said:

i think i'm done with this game.The ability to save our progress offline is a must,and if it's not going to be on the new disc,then it's not worth keeping this game going.If the ability to save our data/level/unlocks offline is only going to be 'update data' on our hard drives,what happens when the game is discontinued and the patch isn't available for download anymore?Well,if someone's system dies and needs to be replaced,you're stuck at level 0 forever.You won't be able to level up and unlock the other Jasons,nor learn new kills for them,which would make the decision to have the ability to save your dat to your hard drive not being on the new disc the biggest mistake in the gaming industry.After all the crap,disappointments and the content we're never going to see from this game, WE DESERVE BETTER.Goodbye everyone.

The game isn't discontinued, yet. I'm holding out hope that the developers will implement a client-side approach to give players access to the Jasons and kills they have acquired. It's the main thing everyone is asking for, and I'd like to believe we will get it sooner or later.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 4:56 PM, JF13 said:

Yeah, I agree. It's pointless to buy the discs if the build written on it doesn't have offline saves.