Sign in to follow this  
TheBookishGirl

Weird Virtual Cabin lag zone

Hello, everyone. I've been having a glitch with the virtual cabin for quite some time now. Whenever I am in the main room, I have extreme lag. When I face the door where the counselors are, or when I am walking outside towards the cemetery looking AWAY from the cabin, I am lag free 100%. When I turn back around and face the cabin I get hit with extreme lag and frame rate drops. Any idea why this is happening? You'd think with all the foliage outside I'd have lag out there, but I don't. It's only inside of the cabin. I'm hoping this is a virtual cabin - only glitch, so that when I get the beta I don't lag out when I enter a cabin... Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit:

------

Specs: Intel® Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHZ 2.60 GHZ

Ram: 16.0 GB

System Type: 64-bit OS

WIndows 8.1

AMD Radeon R9 M275X Dedicated Graphics

Intel® HD Graphics Family

Even on low settings, the game is laggy in the main room. I can play the game on high settings when I'm outside in the open.... so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I will bet it's because of the item room. I have an i5-4690k and gtx 970 and I even drop frames no matter what settings I'm on when I face the item room, maybe it has to do with the amount of objects that are in there. 

Usually dedicated graphics aren't the best when it comes to playing games, but I'm not too sure how those specs match the VC recommended specs. Just remember the cabin is not optimized or anything. 

They have released the Min and Rec specs for the upcoming beta so make sure to check those compared to your PC specs!

There is a simple and easy answer to that. The virtual cabin is not optimized. Yea it's got some quirks but it is not having the resources put into it as it is more of a fun side project and all resources are being put into the game. You will have nothing to worry about if your system hits above the minimum requirements for the beta.

Yep, what Jpops said. As soon as we "made" something we were sticking it into the cabin so you guys could see it. These are unoptimized assets. Chairs, tables, books, machetes, lamps, floor/wall textures, etc..all "straight out of the oven". The cabin can even make beast machines hiccup here and there. In the future we may go back and optimize it, but with the size of our team, it made more sense to focus our optimization efforst on the full game/beta.

You shouldn't have the same frame rate issues in the beta. :)

-W 

• Like 2