jahzaveamanaie

On steam, the playerbase literally went below the point of playercounting

Image result for it's not dead it's dying gifImage result for it's not dead it's dying gif

It's not dead it's dying I know if they bring out dedicated servers I would be playing more like I did many moons ago

• Thanks 1

Hi! Played the game yesterday and... that was fun. There were bugs and glitches. But I had no focus on them. Funny - the evening began with that in the first lobby there was this cheater... but surprisingly he left. And there was no cheaters till the end. I died as Jason... ? The other guy died twice... ? I fought Jenny as Vanessa... Well. It is still sometimes reminds me of a movie, because there's is a teamwork, sometimes. And good-old relief that we made it till the end together. Depending on situation, I do objectives almost always. And others do. I don't know, everyone sees it all their own way. One day it sucks, one day it's kind of cool. So... well, the game is not dead for me and I don't understand why all that fuss has started that early.

5 hours ago, Jasix said:

If you think the F13 Steam community is alive and well - you are sadly mistaken. I ONLY play F13 on Steam. Everyone of my Steam friends are ones I made in F13. I have 214 friends in Steam. The most I have seen in-game the past month was 5 at one point. I belonged to two different Steam Groups for F13 - one had around 40 players and the other I believe 75-ish... they are gone. The groups have disbanded because the majority of the players have stopped playing. 

The culprit(s)? Bugs.... and.... the party glitch. When the "no new content" was announced a few people left. When the party glitch reared its ugly face...people started dropping like mayflies. I used to play with a YouTuber (not name dropping) and they streamed/recorded F13 every Friday 4-6 hours. Their last stream was July 13th for two hours and they have given up on the game. This YouTuber was a backer and a huge fan, but the party system compunded with all the bugs has pushed many PC players past their limits.

Look at my posts the past 6 months - I have been a pretty decent cheerleader for F13, but with almost all my friends gone... I pulled the plug on the game at the end of July. I refuse to team with people in QP and since I can't play with my friends...there was no sense in me continuing to play. It is quite sad actually because I remember just 3 months ago (before the update) on the weekends my friends and I would have multiple lobbies going at once with people on standby waiting to play with us. 

Is the Steam player base dead? No. Is it hemorrhaging players - absolutely. It is on Life Support and I don't even know if fixing the party system and some of the major bugs will help stabilize it to a decent level of players unfortunately. As for the console player base - I have no idea what that is like because I do not play on either. 

Come to think of it I haven’t had any  YouTube notifications from “SplashNFat”

6 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Come to think of it I haven’t had any  YouTube notifications from “SplashNFat”

Never heard of them and can't find them on youtube. 

7 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

SlashNCast? they just posted that party system is working again in new patch. thank god!

@Ahab Hopefully you can have fun again , lol.

I still don't know how , but I find Lobbies much quicker on PC than on PS4 , lol.

9 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

@Ahab Hopefully you can have fun again , lol.

I still don't know how , but I find Lobbies much quicker on PC than on PS4 , lol.

This is good... perhaps SOME people will come back to the game... we shall see. But if I can play with friends again without a hassle, I will be in game much more often... that is the only issue that annoyed me.

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This is good... perhaps SOME people will come back to the game... we shall see. But if I can play with friends again without a hassle, I will be in game much more often... that is the only issue that annoyed me.

Yeah , I found some really hardcore fans , that really love the game and have not much Problems with glitches like me , lol. But the Party glitch , damn , that was a really tough one too ignore.

Playercount doesn't seem to have increased at all despite the patch. Previously the playerbase would have doubled. My guess is that this time everyone has uninstalled the game, don't know there's an update and don't care.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Playercount doesn't seem to have increased at all despite the patch. Previously the playerbase would have doubled. My guess is that this time everyone has uninstalled the game, don't know there's an update and don't care.

Maybe everyone at work? I am, but will def be on tonight!

25 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Maybe everyone at work? I am, but will def be on tonight!

I'll definitely be giving the game a try for the first time since four days after the big, final update. The game may not have much of a future but if it finally works for once then I can still enjoy what is left.

The numbers are not trending well for the game, and haven't for some time.  Lets look at some statistics:

For the last 30 days, F13 looks to lose about 5% of its current avg playercount from August.  August was already the 2nd CONSECUTIVE month where the game lost more than 20% of its previous months playercount in a 30 day window.

Over the last 3 months alone, the game has lost almost 45% of its average playerbase (594.4 to 325.5).  At this rate, you won't be able to make a full lobby in 18 months time (should the game still exist).

From the past year, the game has lost 76% of its average playerbase (1381.3 average players in October to 325.5).  Over 48% of that comes from the last 6 months alone.

And, these are the fun ones, since launch, the game lost over 94% of its audience, with an avg of 5566.8 (using June 2017's average, since the game launched at the end of May 2017, and I don't think it's fair to compare a 5 day avg to now). 

The game was doomed by the start.  It lost 76% of its playerbase from June 2017 to September 2017.

The game currently ranks as the 558th most popular game on Steam.

You can say that Steam numbers don't equal the same as console numbers, but what reason do you have to believe they're different, other than really, really wanting to believe it is?

The game is in hospice, it's circling the drain.  You need to come to grips with that.  Just enjoy it while you can.

https://steamcharts.com/app/438740

Addendum: 

Not all games lose average players after launch.  Perhaps F13's only competition in horror asymmetrical multiplayer is Dead by Daylight (hold your groans).

Dead by Daylight has actually INCREASED its playerbase more than 47% 2 years after launch, but it wasn't always winning.  In fact, it was losing players in the months leading up to f13's launch.  Interestingly enough, it was AFTER f13 came out that Dead by Daylight started pulling in more people.  By all current numbers, it will have increased its playerbase by almost 60% from launch to the end of this month.  So it wouldn't have been unfeasible for Friday the 13th to do the same, if it wasn't for both poor programming by illfonic and mismanagement/terrible game decisions by Gun Media.

• Like 1

I have 3200 hours of play since the beta and I don't play anymore. I can not stand the players who have hacked all the dlc backers with unpublished emotes. Why put a kikstarter money when new players have everything for free? This kind of problem is completely ignored by Gun Media. This is a reward because there is no more content?

Wrong strategy considering the base of players who remains.

5 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

The numbers are not trending well for the game, and haven't for some time.  Lets look at some statistics:

You cant argue with statistics. Math is rarely wrong.

This crops up a lot for the PC player crowd.

While it's true it can't be proven,  my opinion is console numbers are significantly higher. Certainly, you are going to have 20 - 30 million ps plus subscribers with the game downloaded from oct 02. whether they play it is another thing. If you are going to argue that potential 20-30 million subscribers still doesn't mean the player base will be any higher than PC then stop smoking meth, it's bad for you. 

3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

This crops up a lot for the PC player crowd.

While it's true it can't be proven,  my opinion is console numbers are significantly higher. Certainly, you are going to have 20 - 30 million ps plus subscribers with the game downloaded from oct 02. whether they play it is another thing. If you are going to argue that potential 20-30 million subscribers still doesn't mean the player base will be any higher than PC then stop smoking meth, it's bad for you. 

Its oct 2nd already???

Just saying you may have a point after oct 2nd but not much right now. All i know is the majority of players on these forums were console players when I joined. Many of them threw up douces and said were done after some of the bs. If those were hard core fans of the games, what do you think happened to the casual gamers? Most have moved on across the board. Hoping some come back when its free though. I want to play as long as I can...

22 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Just saying you may have a point after oct 2nd but not much right now. All i know is the majority of players on these forums were console players when I joined. Many of them threw up douces and said were done after some of the bs. If those were hard core fans of the games, what do you think happened to the casual gamers? Most have moved on across the board. Hoping some come back when its free though. I want to play as long as I can...

That's true. I personally feel there are still more active players combined over xbox and PS4 than PC, that's just me. I am only going off the initial sales close to 2 million over 3 platforms and the fact f13 was in the top 10 selling ps4 games of 2017.

Also, it was in the top 20 (at number 20) for best selling ps4 games in april this year. again, still doesn't prove anything but if you compare it to steam numbers on pc, if you were to bet based on those things I mentioned, i'd say its higher over 2 consoles v pc. 

7 hours ago, kohagan said:

While it's true it can't be proven,  my opinion is console numbers are significantly higher.

I'd be inclined to agree with you on that one.

2 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Actually can’t wait next month I’m getting my first Gaming PC and going to start F13game up fresh on steam!!!! 

There's nothing like a good gaming PC. Have fun with that.

3 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Actually can’t wait next month I’m getting my first Gaming PC and going to start F13game up fresh on steam!!!! 

Ive had a few friends do this. While you are at it, look into Hide or Die. Its going to be a fun 1!

6 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Ive had a few friends do this. While you are at it, look into Hide or Die. Its going to be a fun 1!

I’m level 29 now been playing on my daughters gaming pc (Cyberpower) it’s fun on pc people don’t actually rage quit 

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I’m level 29 now been playing on my daughters gaming pc (Cyberpower) it’s fun on pc people don’t actually rage quit 

nice! look me up on pc if you ever looking to play with someone. Same name.

• Like 1