jahzaveamanaie

On steam, the playerbase literally went below the point of playercounting

to make more sense of the title, below a specific amount of players ( ithink its something like 200 or 100) the steam community hub stops displaying how many people are playing the game right now. 

i think we can finally literally say that on steam, this game has died. lol

rip f13 game on steam 2017-2018

btw insurgency sandstorms devs decided that since the 2nd part of insurgency is coming out next month that the first insurgency gets free forever if you download it within 48 hours.

their current playercount grew from ~5k to about 120k.

maybe yall can do this now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Are you getting paid to shill here for that crap game?

nahh im just saying what they did launched the playercount to the sky and f13 devs should do that too considering their game is a buggy mess and not worth 40 bucks in its state

The opinion of a child who posts things like "i think we can finally literally say that on steam, this game has died. lol" really doesn't carry much weight with me. I mean, why is that funny?

its cool man, i just hope some devs see this and maybe think about doing something similar to what the insurgency devs did to revive the game on steam again

its funny cause i just thought about the people who were talking about how the playercounts dropping were temporary things and how things were gonna get better in the future. they were warned like a year in advance, continued doing shit and saying everythings gonna get better and now were here steam aint even bothering to count the super low playercounts anymore

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

its cool man, i just hope some devs see this and maybe think about doing something similar to what the insurgency devs did to revive the game on steam again

its funny cause i just thought about the people who were talking about how the playercounts dropping were temporary things and how things were gonna get better in the future. they were warned like a year in advance, continued doing shit and saying everythings gonna get better and now were here steam aint even bothering to count the super low playercounts anymore

Steam isnt the only place this game is played. The PS4 and Xbox communities have thousands of players. The game isnt dead, the future of the game is dead. Also it's cute you think you can shame devs into doing what YOU think they should do.

I am not sure about Xbox, but there isn’t many people playing F13 on the PS4 these days. I used to run a 100+ player community and now I am lucky to see 3-4 on a week.

The only thing that could save this game is dedicated servers, and I don’t think they will ever come. They will probrably make an announcement in a few months that sounds something like this ....

“we can’t justify implementing dedicated servers for a player base of only a few hundred people” 

If you wonder why I didn’t mention bug fixes, it’s because the fact every patch they release to fix one bug new bugs pop up in its place. Which really sucks because IMO this game is so much better than the competition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Has this been proven yet?

Can you prove it? No you can't cause unlike "PC Gaming" the Console Market has zero tools to show players in-game trust me I have looked for one and found nothing. Everyone only seems to look at the fucking steam players in-game and THINK THATS THE ENTIRE PLAYERBASE! Its stupid and should not be used for calling a game dead.

17 minutes ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

Can you prove it? No you can't cause unlike "PC Gaming" the Console Market has zero tools to show players in-game trust me I have looked for one and found nothing. Everyone only seems to look at the fucking steam players in-game and THINK THATS THE ENTIRE PLAYERBASE! Its stupid and should not be used for calling a game dead.

It is a good comparison, I will use this as a example. Do you guys remember the cars called Yugo? They was a success at first till major engineering issues, bugs and other failures killed the company.

You guys saying PC statistics doesn’t mean anything for consoles is like saying Yugo’s are a great car because I see a few on the road every now and then. If it effects one it’s going to effect the other. As many people are not playing PC because of all the bugs and other issues. At least PC has dedicated servers! Hell if anything I would say statistics are probably worse on console because we also gotta deal with the constant disconnects etc. Want more proof? Take a look at the active members on forums and compare them to a few months ago.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

Want more proof? Take a look at the active members on forums and compare them to a few months ago.

I don’t think this is related, so not proof of what you want. 

51 minutes ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

Cant say it has thousands of user now can ya either? Can just say hey its alive cuz im in a game everyday. Now that is the truth! Fact...

• Like 1

@jahzaveamanaie I have seen the steam player count for several games that have thousands of players online fail to give a number. Because some troll in the steam community tells you they do not display numbers when it goes below 300 is just false.... how does this person know this and where is his proof? The reasons you are not seeing numbers is probably a lot more complicated than that. 
   Anyway... if you can still get into a match in reasonable time (or at all for that matter)... the game is not dead, despite the claims of the game being dead that appear on a daily basis since before I bought the game in October. Learn what dead means. Google can be your friend... and the explanations for "dead" are actually pretty simple, short and to the point.

Because the player base on steam hovers between 300 and 400 quite a bit, does not mean that only 400 people play this game on steam. To get even 300 players consistently every hour of even one day, there are probably thousands of players online over the course of a twenty four hour period of time. Do you think the same people just leave the game running all day and all night to keep the player count up? I am sure there are one or two people that do this at least, but not hundreds... we can, after all actually play the game and almost never see someone who is AFK for the entire match running a macro so they don't get booted... I have only ever heard of that happening once and have never seen it myself... and if people just left the game running on the main menu... you would never see them in a game... Yet we can somehow still get into a game... with actual people.
    Only the devs… or the good people at Steam could tell us how many players are actually on over the course of any one day and night... but I doubt they would answer this question, even if the number was as high as a quarter million in any one day.
    The steam charts post averages.... learn what an average is and how the math gets you to that number... I think they teach that in (or around) grade 3 (at least they did when I was in school). Once you understand what an average is and how it is reached, you will understand why it is not an accurate reflection of the true numbers involved.... and why they do not use averages to discern "facts." 

6 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Are you getting paid to shill here for that crap game?

It could be worse, he could be shilling for DbD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Hello? Police? OP is on the loose again.

As long as he isn't harassing the devs, he or she should be good to go.

58 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

ohhh numbers are low so the game must be dead??? ?

Dead... by daylight.

tenor.gif?itemid=4566497

• Haha 2

Really? Another of these threads? As has been pointed out already numbers from Steam do not equal a dead game. PC is only one platform and probably not the biggest of the three at this point. Yes, there's no numbers for console. We can only go on our experience for an indication of the health of the console player base. From my experience I have little trouble filling a lobby. Can we please stop with the sky is falling posts?

10 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Really? Another of these threads? As has been pointed out already numbers from Steam do not equal a dead game. PC is only one platform and probably not the biggest of the three at this point. Yes, there's no numbers for console. We can only go on our experience for an indication of the health of the console player base. From my experience I have little trouble filling a lobby. Can we please stop with the sky is falling posts?

There are posts like this on pretty much a daily basis in the steam community... and it has been that way since I first heard of this game. When some troll comes up with a comment that seems to justify the initial point of the thread, they usually post the same thing here. Very few of them use the same name from steam, but many of the posts that we have seen here like this are basically copied and pasted from the steam community.
   Posts like this only prove two things... They simply have no knowledge of how to do even the most basic math.... and have literally no working knowledge of what the word "dead" actually means.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, you can still find full games fast. Full of Hackers, Trolls, Teamers and Leavers. Sounds like great fun, no?. It is dead as long as a decent match without bugs and cheaters/trolls is the exception rather then the rule.

• Like 1

If you think the F13 Steam community is alive and well - you are sadly mistaken. I ONLY play F13 on Steam. Everyone of my Steam friends are ones I made in F13. I have 214 friends in Steam. The most I have seen in-game the past month was 5 at one point. I belonged to two different Steam Groups for F13 - one had around 40 players and the other I believe 75-ish... they are gone. The groups have disbanded because the majority of the players have stopped playing. 

The culprit(s)? Bugs.... and.... the party glitch. When the "no new content" was announced a few people left. When the party glitch reared its ugly face...people started dropping like mayflies. I used to play with a YouTuber (not name dropping) and they streamed/recorded F13 every Friday 4-6 hours. Their last stream was July 13th for two hours and they have given up on the game. This YouTuber was a backer and a huge fan, but the party system compunded with all the bugs has pushed many PC players past their limits.

Look at my posts the past 6 months - I have been a pretty decent cheerleader for F13, but with almost all my friends gone... I pulled the plug on the game at the end of July. I refuse to team with people in QP and since I can't play with my friends...there was no sense in me continuing to play. It is quite sad actually because I remember just 3 months ago (before the update) on the weekends my friends and I would have multiple lobbies going at once with people on standby waiting to play with us. 

Is the Steam player base dead? No. Is it hemorrhaging players - absolutely. It is on Life Support and I don't even know if fixing the party system and some of the major bugs will help stabilize it to a decent level of players unfortunately. As for the console player base - I have no idea what that is like because I do not play on either. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jasix said:

If you think the F13 Steam community is alive and well - you are sadly mistaken. I ONLY play F13 on Steam. Everyone of my Steam friends are ones I made in F13. I have 214 friends in Steam. The most I have seen in-game the past month was 5 at one point. I belonged to two different Steam Groups for F13 - one had around 40 players and the other I believe 75-ish... they are gone. The groups have disbanded because the majority of the players have stopped playing. 

The culprit(s)? Bugs.... and.... the party glitch. When the "no new content" was announced a few people left. When the party glitch reared its ugly face...people started dropping like mayflies. I used to play with a YouTuber (not name dropping) and they streamed/recorded F13 every Friday 4-6 hours. Their last stream was July 13th for two hours and they have given up on the game. This YouTuber was a backer and a huge fan, but the party system compunded with all the bugs has pushed many PC players past their limits.

Look at my posts the past 6 months - I have been a pretty decent cheerleader for F13, but with almost all my friends gone... I pulled the plug on the game at the end of July. I refuse to team with people in QP and since I can't play with my friends...there was no sense in me continuing to play. It is quite sad actually because I remember just 3 months ago (before the update) on the weekends my friends and I would have multiple lobbies going at once with people on standby waiting to play with us. 

Is the Steam player base dead? No. Is it hemorrhaging players - absolutely. It is on Life Support and I don't even know if fixing the party system and some of the major bugs will help stabilize it to a decent level of players unfortunately. As for the console player base - I have no idea what that is like because I do not play on either. 

This is the case for me. I absolutely refuse to play QP by myself because it is just not fun. No one does the objectives. They don't even try to kill Jason anymore. They just run around like dumb-asses. Believe me. If the devs ever fix the party system...which at this point I doubt they will...my friends and I would play a lot more. We certainly miss it. Deeply. We've tried playing private matches but for it to be productive we need 6 people minimum just to have fun. Any less than that and it's not worth it. A lot of us aren't on at the same time to do that unfortunately. 

• Like 1