Sign in to follow this  
Ambiguously gay batman

Oh for the love of god

I don't give a crap about not getting new dlc or the spectator glitch, but let me have the ability to party with friends, so sick of being split up from friends. Sorry this needs to be fixed ASAP or people will stop playing all together. this shouldn't be a minor glitch its a damn major one. 

• Like 2

@Ambiguously gay batman God can't help you now Syri... at least, not with this problem... Only a patch that actually fixes this problem might help you... and hopefully, this potential patch does not screw things up even worse... Holy crap!... did I just say something optimistic?.... How unlike me.

I can put up with every bug this game has to offer... and perhaps even some upcoming bugs that no one has thought of yet.... but not this one. Even the worst reviews of this game state that it is still fun to play with friends, even with all of its issues... but we cannot play with friends now, not without hugely frustrating issues... that reward you with getting into a game with one or two of the five or six friends you tried to get into a game with... after forty minutes of trying to get people into a lobby... This bug will be the death of this game if it persists much longer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ahab said:

hopefully, this potential patch does not screw things up even worse.

C'mon. It's Gun and Illfonic we're talking about here...

what patch hasn't been a cluster fuck up?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Given the track record of previous patch rollouts, I'm going to be bemused when Dedicated Servers roll out with the next console patch (just recently confirmed by Shifty Samurai) only to be bugged in one of the following ways:

1. Unintentionally unlocking Uber Jason, which will require an immediate shutdown of all servers until they can patch him out.
  2. Dedicated Servers do not activate with the patch and the game becomes unplayable online at all.
  3. Morph will place Jason in an animation lock that will last through the end of the match.
  4. Teamkilling will "accidentally" be enabled in QP matches.
  5. Dedicated servers will launch, but the game will end whenever a player quits before the match ends, "just because".
  6. Input delay for Jason's grab will suddenly become a thing, making him incapable of doing anything but slashing (this one is my favorite)
  7. Dedicated Servers go live, but only one or two games can run at a given time, so anyone not in a game is locked into "searching for game" until a slot opens up.

Let me know if I missed anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Let me know if I missed anything.

1. We'll have a delay on interacting with objects due to the servers blowing up.
  2. Running as a counsellor will become useless due to lag.
  3.  Sparkly blood will be on all the maps now.
  4.  Stuck in loading screens because... BUGS!
  5. They'll reset all the kills and perks, so you'll have to spend 5 mins applying the ones you had on before the patch.

I can only come up with 5 more tbh...

I aimed for 6, but 5 is the best i can do.

1 hour ago, Freddie Mercury said:

C'mon. It's Gun and Illfonic we're talking about here...

Absolutely no patches (at least since I have been around) have not caused a "cluster fuck"... that was my point with the optimist comment. I am not very optimistic at all... but there is hope... rebellions are built on hope... the game works (kind of?... sort of??... sometimes???.... maybe????) with hope... but hope fizzles away rather quickly. The only real hope I have left is that my beer gets cold quickly.
   I still have never seen that sparkly blood in a game... only in videos posted by others... I am missing out on the unicorn blood!!!.... Damn!!!

@Bropollocreed79 I hope these dedicated servers do not cause more problems for console players.... I hope you are wrong about these bugs it will cause... But I sense a disturbance in the force... I think we will see a post from you (quoting your above predictions) after the servers go live with some imperial sarcasm like.... "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."... perhaps followed with evil laughter... just for effect.
    But... I still hope the servers help.... for what its worth.

Sparkly blood will be on all the maps now.

Sparkly Twilight Jason, FTW!

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

But... I still hope the servers help.... for what its worth.

I find your lack of faith (in my predictions) disturbing.

3 hours ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

Also its not a glitch its a bug.

You can call it turd sandwich "veal fecal" but it'd still be a turd sandwich.  There's a reason people got irritated when vinyl discs got scratched up and the songs skipped around, and this game is no different.  I am loathe to play as Jason because of the Interaction Lock issue.  It sucks the life out of me faster than I can down a pint, and that's saying something.

21 minutes ago, Ahab said:

The only real hope I have left is that my beer gets cold quickly.

Do you not have a dedicated beer fridge, bro (mine is padlocked to forestall freeloaders).

I aimed for 6, but 5 is the best i can do.

But it's five quality guesses.  I'll take quality over quantity any day.  I'll take one bottle of Abyss at $14.99 over a 30-pack of Natural Light at the same price any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

13 hours ago, Ambiguously gay batman said:

Sorry this needs to be fixed ASAP or people will stop playing all together.

Bro, that ship left the port a long time ago.  The rest of us are just refugees who couldn't afford steerage rates.

• Haha 1

i havnt played in weeks, sad to see things havnt changed, but when things do change its for the worse

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Sparkly Twilight Jason, FTW!

You can call it turd sandwich "veal fecal" but it'd still be a turd sandwich.  There's a reason people got irritated when vinyl discs got scratched up and the songs skipped around, and this game is no different.  I am loathe to play as Jason because of the Interaction Lock issue.  It sucks the life out of me faster than I can down a pint, and that's saying something.

Do you not have a dedicated beer fridge, bro (mine is padlocked to forestall freeloaders).

But it's five quality guesses.  I'll take quality over quantity any day.  I'll take one bottle of Abyss at $14.99 over a 30-pack of Natural Light at the same price any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bro, that ship left the port a long time ago.  The rest of us are just refugees who couldn't afford steerage rates.

I play every weekend for several hours and I’m usually picked to be Jason 2 or 3 times a night. I don’t think that I’ve experienced an interaction lock since the last update. I know it happened almost every match before that, sometimes even twice. Barring the occasional one I consider this problem solved. It isn’t at all like it used to be. 

20 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I have more faith in your predictions than I do in the patches.... I did say "I hope the servers help"... although helping would require they work on some level at least... There is always hope, but too much hope leads to greater disappointment when things do not go as planned.

I have a dedicated beer fridge in nearly every room... Unfortunately, due to logistical nightmare that is the layout of my home... the beer fridges are always... way over there, considering where I normally sit in any given room. My solution is simple... I keep a beer cooler beside my chair for easy access to nice, cold beer at all times. The freeloaders have to get off their asses and go to the dedicated beer fridges if they want one. No one touches my cooler... except the neighbor's dog, but he is just after the ice cubes.

"Sis" would be more accurate... Ambiguously gay bat "woman" would be a more accurate term for her.... but she likes the name she chose. I still call her "Syri" which is short for the name she used when we first met. I have a habit of always using the name of the person as it was when I was introduced to them... which sometimes does not work out as well as you might think. My friend "Leecifer the Evil One" is still trying to get me to call him Lee thirty years later.... but "Lee the Evil One" does not have the same "ring" to it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

"Sis" would be more accurate...

Anyone can be a "bro" regardless of gender.  Case in point:

latest?cb=20180614145134

@Bropollocreed79
   True enough.... 
   What is that pic from? The pic of Sigourney is actually from Aliens (1986) from when she was holding a flamethrower to moma alien's eggs… not Alien (1979)… it was the cartoonish main pic that I am curious about... Is this from a video game or cartoon that no one informed me about? I remember an Aliens game for the commodore 64... but it looked nothing like that.

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@Bropollocreed79
   True enough.... 
   What is that pic from? The pic of Sigourney is actually from Aliens (1986) from when she was holding a flamethrower to moma alien's eggs… not Alien (1979)… it was the cartoonish main pic that I am curious about... Is this from a video game or cartoon that no one informed me about? I remember an Aliens game for the commodore 64... but it looked nothing like that.

It's only the greatest game ever.  Two years ago, it was the PSN free game of the month in March, and I've never had more fun in my life.

• Thanks 1

@Bropollocreed79 That was an awesome trailer. If the game looked more like the trailer, I would be downloading it now... but I already looked at some gameplay footage on youtube. I am not saying its not fun to play... but they are some pretty dated graphics. Even for free.... I am not sure I want to go back to 2 dimensional scrolling games... and I still play some pretty old games myself from time to time.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Bropollocreed79 That was an awesome trailer. If the game looked more like the trailer, I would be downloading it now... but I already looked at some gameplay footage on youtube. I am not saying its not fun to play... but they are some pretty dated graphics. Even for free.... I am not sure I want to go back to 2 dimensional scrolling games... and I still play some pretty old games myself from time to time.

Its target audience is definitely niche, but you haven't lived until you've played as Brommando.

• Like 1

The party issue is why I no longer play. I had a solid group of friends that I played with the past 6 months - they have almost all abandoned the game after the party issue appeared. We are from various parts of the world and doing private matches results in a hodge podge of people with atrocious pings (400+). We tried numerous variations of hosts, but the effect was still the same.. a few would have good/decent pings and the rest horrible. So one by one they abandoned the game. I haven't actually played now for 2 weeks. I refuse to play in QP with a bunch of strangers; didn't mind it when it was 4-5 friends and 2-3 QP people...but a lobby full of them - No thanks. IF they ever fix the issue I may try coming back if some of my friends do - otherwise unfortunately I am done playing. 

17 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Its target audience is definitely niche, but you haven't lived until you've played as Brommando.

I might try it out anyway...  Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I might try it out anyway...  Thanks.

It's a really fun game , which you even can Play local co op. But when you get to the end , DON'T shoot….it kinda ruined the game for me....because of my dumb friend who just shot….ARGHHH....sorry....but I will never forgive what he did...

9 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

It's a really fun game , which you even can Play local co op. But when you get to the end , DON'T shoot….it kinda ruined the game for me....because of my dumb friend who just shot….ARGHHH....sorry....but I will never forgive what he did...

Spoilers!!!

9 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

No , I just warned you! I never told you what would happen....Something....terrible....

Spoilers do not matter to me. As far as any story goes.... to me at least... it is more important how they get to that point.