DelusionBoy

Statistics data and advanced matchmaking system (PC)

Hi! This is the sorta "probably would be cool, but I'm not sure" stuff, so... read this "at your own risk". ?
So, there they are...

Statistics data
Make all data, related to Infraction System and Spawn Preference System available for players to observe.
May consist of:

• Number of Spawn Preference System' tickets

• Number of Infraction System' infraction points
  • Status. If you were penalized, then also show the reason

Spawn Preference tickets may be public. But not sure about infraction points and status. It may help to figure out what's going on sometimes, but theoretically may introduce some problems.

The reason is that it leads to frustration sometimes not knowing what is going on. If there's something going on "behind the corner" affecting our gameplay, I think people should know what it is exactly.

Advanced matchmaking system
System similar to other games systems, like Unreal Tournament or Counter-Strike, for instance.
May consist of:

• List of available servers (even those that are region locked)
  • Your ping data relative to servers
  • Available lobbies and their state on each server
  • Ability to host a game (private or public) or create a dedicated server (which, I guess may consist of multiple lobbies, not sure here)
  • Cross-platform preference

...just take a look at other systems.

The reason for this is to make sure that people still will be able to play the game online, in case the official servers will go down, by creating their own servers.
Cross-platform feature is also obvious I guess. But I think it should not be forced.

Help section in main menu
Or at least a link to specific topic/page/thread that covers all that is important in one place.
May consist of:

• Info about mentioned systems, that they are exist and what are the rules
  • Weapon stats
  • How to play

So, for a long time I couldn't figure out how to know the weapon stats, though I've seen the image in "How to play" section. I think that's not the most convenient place to put this in. But it is not that important.
New players are pretty picky to me, so these hidden systems may push them off right away.

So what do you guys think? Are any of these going to be any useful? Thanks for reading.

8 hours ago, malloymk said:

I'm sure they'll get right on that.

At this point, if they would give us client side saves, and fixes for the major bugs, I'd be fine with that.

• Like 2

Hi guys. Could it be already late for suggestions? I wrote everything (well, almost) I was thinking about, but the most important would be the own dedicated servers and ability to host the public match when you want and not when you can't connect. Because now system tries to connect for about two minutes and if there's no available servers, only then creates your own lobby. On PC.
So what you think? Has anyone ever needed this?
Also, I support the client side saves idea. Actually, have somebody noticed that you can't play offline modes when you're offline in Steam? Isn't this kind of wrong?

18 hours ago, Fair Play said:

At this point, if they would give us client side saves, and fixes for the major bugs, I'd be fine with that.

Yeah, it's pretty much all we're asking.

6 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Yeah, it's pretty much all we're asking.

We could ask for more, but I'd rather not put too much on their plate.