Sign in to follow this  
Splatterhouse

The difference between playing in American and European peak timezones

When playing "Quick Play". I've noticed there is far more trolling with people fucking about when playing early morning in the UK i.e. during what would be the American evening. When I play during British daytime (when Americans are in bed lol) with mainly people from the UK - people are working together, the game is played how it should be and it's very, very rare to see any trolling. 

I got sick of it late last night as it was just people playing music down the mic, people trolling with the car - squads of armed Jason hunters all bunched up in a cabin etc. It was the same crap in every single lobby I went to.

I really can't stress how different it is. If you ever get the chance to play during a different time zone, do it - it's hilarious how very different the game is.

*Disclaimer* No I'm not hating on Americans, love you guys ;) Just pointing out a fact - and if you check it out yourselves...you'll see it for yourself. 😂    

• Like 3

I've always thought exactly this but never said it lol

This is one of the reasons I wanted to be able to choose to play in European servers on ps4. It seems to be a more civilised experience :) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I've always thought exactly this but never said it lol

This is one of the reasons I wanted to be able to choose to play in European servers on ps4. It seems to be a more civilised experience :)

Really don't mean to cause any offence in anyway by saying it. Lol. The contrast just really hit home in the last 48 hours. Completely different experience. 😂

Will add as well, that it seems more of a "social" experience in America. Through all the trolling and larking about - people are genuinely having fun and are mostly very friendly. They seem very passionate about their online games and communities. Whereas I find the European experience is more strictly about "let's get this objective done", it's more about playing the game as it should be - but lacks that "community" feel.

You get put into an American lobby and people are chatting like they've known each other all their lives despite only having known each other for 2 minutes. 😂I'm not saying the European experience isn't friendly, it is - but it's definitely more serious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Really don't mean to cause any offence in anyway by saying it. Lol. The contrast just really hit home in the last 48 hours. Completely different experience. 

That's nothing new.  It's been going on since online gaming has been around.

It's probably cultural.  Americans tend to be more individualistic, which makes sense, as we have such a large landmass and a history of exploring the unknown often in solo exercises or smaller groups (Lewis & Clark, for example).  In the UK and EU, collaboration is a necessity borne out of an experience of being tightly cloistered with different cultures and customs.  Eurpoeans (pre Brexit at least) had the EU, which is a textbook example of a collective, collaborative effort.

That, and American parents are overwhelmingly failing at raising their kids these days.  Children here have no discipline or self control.  When in social gatherings, people let their kids run amok--they're disruptive, rude, and destructive--and most people will look the other way.  My son is in Scouts, and I'm the "mean" parent who is constantly yelling at the kids to "knock that shit off before someone gets hurt".  The Troop Leader is 10 years my junior, and he loves it when I'm there because there's less pressure on him to "be a dick" in his own words.

Generally speaking, Americans want everyone to like them as an individual--we don't have royalty here (obviously), but the masses need cultural icons to take their social queues from, which is why the cult of celebrity is so powerful here.  Vapid little turds who need to be liked to validate their existence tend to gravitate towards loose Armenian girls who have been altered through surgery to be an idealized version of popularity, or unrealistic depictions of success that are a sham.

Some of us figured out a long time ago that true happiness lies in not giving a f-ck about what anyone else thinks.  

Edit: in my experience playing with EU players, everyone is cool, except the Germans.  Those guys are more racist than the Americans.

• Like 1

The amount of rage quitters seem higher than ever too. I tend to play pst between 3pm-11pm

I encounter lots of players who just wanna troll and beat Jason. Then it’s my turn as Jason and I make them them look like a bunch of fools. I kill them all within minutes, and know all there tricks, etc. I bait them with car parts, Stalk inside cabins, scare them before killing them, and it always ends with the host (who was bullying Jason the match prior) rage quitting on me while I kill him.

4 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It's probably cultural.  Americans tend to be more individualistic, which makes sense, as we have such a large landmass and a history of exploring the unknown often in solo exercises or smaller groups (Lewis & Clark, for example).  In the UK and EU, collaboration is a necessity borne out of an experience of being tightly cloistered with different cultures and customs.  Eurpoeans (pre Brexit at least) had the EU, which is a textbook example of a collective, collaborative effort.

That, and American parents are overwhelmingly failing at raising their kids these days.  Children here have no discipline or self control.  When in social gatherings, people let their kids run amok--they're disruptive, rude, and destructive--and most people will look the other way.  My son is in Scouts, and I'm the "mean" parent who is constantly yelling at the kids to "knock that shit off before someone gets hurt".  The Troop Leader is 10 years my junior, and he loves it when I'm there because there's less pressure on him to "be a dick" in his own words.

Generally speaking, Americans want everyone to like them as an individual--we don't have royalty here (obviously), but the masses need cultural icons to take their social queues from, which is why the cult of celebrity is so powerful here.  Vapid little turds who need to be liked to validate their existence tend to gravitate towards loose Armenian girls who have been altered through surgery to be an idealized version of popularity, or unrealistic depictions of success that are a sham.

Some of us figured out a long time ago that true happiness lies in not giving a f-ck about what anyone else thinks.  

Edit: in my experience playing with EU players, everyone is cool, except the Germans.  Those guys are more racist than the Americans.

God Bless America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. I could tell you stories of bad parenting I've seen in public. We are cut from the same cloth, with a zero tolerance for BS from other people's kids.

I don't really take time to notice the differences in the quality of players at different times of the day. When I encounter a troll, I counter troll them and run them off.

12 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

God Bless America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. I could tell you stories of bad parenting I've seen in public. We are cut from the same cloth, with a zero tolerance for BS from other people's kids.

I don't really take time to notice the differences in the quality of players at different times of the day. When I encounter a troll, I counter troll them and run them off.

British parenting isn't much better either! 😂 Though there might be slight cultural differences in gaming...the Brits are parallel with you on how to mess up our societies and the family unit by being soft on their kids.  

Almost 70m people on an island...recipe for disaster! :);) 

4 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

British parenting isn't much better either! 😂 Though there might be slight cultural differences in gaming...the Brits are parallel with you on how to mess up our societies and the family unit by being soft on their kids.  

Almost 70m people on an island...recipe for disaster! :);) 

I didn't realize how crowded it is over there.

I think parenting in the now, regardless of location is a lot more lax than the good old days. Sad to say, it's only going to get worse.

Oh yeah, dont get me wrong, Ive met some really cool Americans when I lived overseas, nice friendly and great to hang out and have beers with, remember having a few crazy nights out in Laos and Thailand.

What I meant in relation to the f13 experience, was its a bigger country, more people playing this game, bound to come across more toxic. If the UK was the same size, believe me you'd experience the same. 

• Like 1

You don't want to Play with the russians…...I have Nothing against Russians don't get me wrong , I have some russian Friends but holy moly , the entire Lobby was silent (except one dude who can speak English), the eighth Player joins , speaks one Russian word and 5 other People begin to transform into Russians (including the one who could speak English) and another one Plays some horrible Music. The EU Servers are the literal Hell. And of Course , in match , that one Buggzy is a troll let's us all wait 20 minutes and tells him the dumbest shit ever and how much he sucks , then in the last Minute Jason suddenly speaks russian too but he talks really calm to him , like he is in love with him. And over there by the campfire is the speedhacker playing some horrible russian Music with a kid……….It's really bad. I am not kidding , this actually happened. And again , I am not racist. 

But do you know how you make Friends in the EU Servers? You just have to speak German and you get a friend request of someone who got (most likely) abused by other russians. Someone even screamed : OH MEIN GOOOOTT! EIN DEUTSCHER , YEAHHHHH! (translated = OH MY GOOOOOD! A GERMAN DUDE , YEAHHHHHH!)

But at 0:00 I get to the US Servers and damn , they are so often really friendly. I even had a Jason , who got bullied and he still was happy and made some great one-liners. ( Like when the Vanessa said : Do you like that , Asshole! He responded with : Yes , indeed , I love Assholes [makes some licking noises]. That was probably the least best but I forgot everyother one.) And another time , after we killed Jason , he was like really proud and really respected us.

I feel bad though for the good russian Players who can't speak English , they can barely ever Play with normal dudes.

• Haha 1

I love the yanks. My ex was from Washington state. We're still really close now. Love that girl to bits. She's as loud, brash and annoying as every other American I've met in F13. :);)

This thread is so racist 🤣🤣

Italians are very fun to play with in f13 from what i saw ^^

Americans are competitive but fun :D

Some brits that i've met in the game were epic trolls :D and some were tryhards

French people that i've met in the game were tryhards beyond recognition

But since we're here to tell with who we don't like to play with ^^

Whats the point with all these grown men , which in my opinion they should go to work and pay their bills instead of acting "tough", making life threats when being trolled and ragequit when they are proved to be pathetic :D

I tend to find American players are more social. When i am in a lobby with Americans a lot of them have mics and it becomes a more sociable experience as a result.

Brits tend to be more serious from my experience.