Sign in to follow this  
KingMidas

Salt Mines?

I assume fewer people are monitoring this. But i cant stop playing this game despite the recent bad news...

1) its the best game ive ever played (and deserves to be glitch free with dedicated servers)

2) i havent quite 100% it yet...

Since the salt mines "began", ive had way more problems completing games. Did the salt mines actually start? Are people that disinterested now? Seriously, 90% of games end before theyre complete. Thats worse than it used to be (approx 50%).  

I hope theres some life in this game. I bought early, paid for anything available. And still play. Id like to play more....

• Like 1

I had another kid quit while I was killing him. He was the first kill early in the match and it turns out he was the host, which ended the game for everyone. I swear every time this happens I have immediate regret that I didn't screenshot the lobby so I could have his name and send him a message about how much of a little shit head he is. It pisses me off so much, and I don't know if this salt mines thing really does anything. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 7:57 PM, KingMidas said:

I assume fewer people are monitoring this. But i cant stop playing this game despite the recent bad news...

1) its the best game ive ever played (and deserves to be glitch free with dedicated servers)

2) i havent quite 100% it yet...

Since the salt mines "began", ive had way more problems completing games. Did the salt mines actually start? Are people that disinterested now? Seriously, 90% of games end before theyre complete. Thats worse than it used to be (approx 50%).  

I hope theres some life in this game. I bought early, paid for anything available. And still play. Id like to play more....

They don’t exist on counsels, they either never worked or were just made up.

It's a great idea in theory, but unfortunately, with all of the other connection/server issues, it's very difficult to differentiate between hosts or Jasons who leave due to "Connection Timed Out", and other involuntary issues, and legitimate rage-quitters.  So if I'm a Jason, and all of a sudden my buttons become unresponsive and I eventually get the "Connection Timed Out" error (something that's actually happened to me 3-4 times this weekend alone) and get kicked, would the "Salt Mines" system be able to tell that I didn't rage quit, or would I get penalized for something I have no control over?

I love the idea of Salt Mines, but only if it's run perfectly and fairly, which I wouldn't have a ton of confidence in being the case.