Simply put, what was the name of the first video game you ever owned?

Mine was the Legend of Zelda for the NES. I got it for Christmas many years ago.

7 hours ago, JF13 said:

space invaders for Atari 2600.

I played that in the arcades. Very fun times.

Super Mario Bros 3 and Military Madness.

I'd really like to remember….but I can't….

Well , It was probably when I was really Young since one of my first words I spoke were ''bungin''...which translates into Gameboy from Babyspeech.

I was Born as fucking gamer , Yeah. But I kinda have the Feeling it was a Pokemon game but it probably wasn't. 

Kinda off-topic but my favorite games are Brütal Legend , Friday the 13th: The Game , Monster Hunter Franchise and Super Smash Bros Series. All are very close favorites.

Super Mario Brothers on the NES. Then when I was six, my parents bought me a Playstation and my first game I ever played on it was Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I kept the game just because it has so many memorable cheesy sound effects and laughable graphics. Also because of nostalgia. As far as film adaptions go, it's pretty good game play wise, but the sound effects are hilarious. Every time Mylo Thatch climbs a ladder it sounds like he's humping someone, every time the little mole guy throws a rock he sounds constipated, etc. The game is worth watching a playthrough of just to hear the weird noises all the characters make. I have no idea who thought it made sense to have them make those noises, but it's funny

21 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Super Mario Brothers on the NES. Then when I was six, my parents bought me a Playstation and my first game I ever played on it was Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I kept the game just because it has so many memorable cheesy sound effects and laughable graphics. Also because of nostalgia. As far as film adaptions go, it's pretty good game play wise, but the sound effects are hilarious. Every time Mylo Thatch climbs a ladder it sounds like he's humping someone, every time the little mole guy throws a rock he sounds constipated, etc. The game is worth watching a playthrough of just to hear the weird noises all the characters make. I have no idea who thought it made sense to have them make those noises, but it's funny

I'll check out Atlantis, just for the laugh factor. I think Super Mario Bros. was my 9th or 10th game in my collection. I'll be nearing my 1000th game real soon, so I made this thread to remind my self of my humble gaming beginnings.

Caves Of Doom on the ZX Spectrum 128k

Looked like it was going to be this awesome cave exploration platformer where each screen was a different "cave".  I could only get four screens/caves in to the game though, where you'd reach this white figure who floated across the screen and kill you instantly.  It was so impossible it had to be a bug in the game.

Super Mario Bros and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Nes.  I was horrible at them both but I was 9

I always died in the electric seaweed in Tmnt 

i cant remember that far, it has to be the original Mario, i had a NES and i played all the time but i was so young i can't remember, the first one i bought was Tomb Raider The last Revelation on Playstation

On 8/14/2018 at 1:03 PM, Whammigobambam said:

Super Mario Bros and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Nes.  I was horrible at them both but I was 9

I always died in the electric seaweed in Tmnt 

I have fond memories of that seaweed, and those space men in the last stage.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:24 PM, Fair Play said:

I have fond memories of that seaweed, and those space men in the last stage.

I had about 5 cousins and we all would gather around the nes and take turns dying. Later we added games like mega man and who framed Roger rabbit but i always tried my damnedest to survive so I didn't have to give up the controller. And we all would sit quiet a patient because our uncles who were in on the gaming took their turns too. 

Very fond memories indeed.

13 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

I had about 5 cousins and we all would gather around the nes and take turns dying. Later we added games like mega man and who framed Roger rabbit but i always tried my damnedest to survive so I didn't have to give up the controller. And we all would sit quiet a patient because our uncles who were in on the gaming took their turns too. 

Very fond memories indeed.

My family growing up did the same thing. One game system or another with a crowd around to watch and cheer each other on. I wonder how much of that kind of bonding exists to this day.

Hard to say because it's been so long now, but the game I can remember playing furthest back in time was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Megadrive. 

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

My family growing up did the same thing. One game system or another with a crowd around to watch and cheer each other on. I wonder how much of that kind of bonding exists to this day.

The most similar thing I've seen to it is when the Wii came out and you had bowling and just dance. As a father I know the kids want the newest thing no matter how stupid it seems they want to experience the unknown of the newest thing.  Innovations like the nes and Wii just captivated for such a long time that the bonding lasted longer. I know there are still some instances where bonding exists but the simplicity of what I experienced is something that is incomparable.  I keep it in my thoughts as I look out for the next big thing.

21 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

The most similar thing I've seen to it is when the Wii came out and you had bowling and just dance. As a father I know the kids want the newest thing no matter how stupid it seems they want to experience the unknown of the newest thing.  Innovations like the nes and Wii just captivated for such a long time that the bonding lasted longer. I know there are still some instances where bonding exists but the simplicity of what I experienced is something that is incomparable.  I keep it in my thoughts as I look out for the next big thing.

I have a lot of fond memories of NES/WII gaming. It's still a tradition around the holiday season. As our family gets larger, there are more children to pass the legacy to. We still have a ball with Tetris and Pac-Man.

• Thanks 1

Ghost House on the Sega Master System. I remember feeling gypped when i opened system for christmas and it wasn't a nintendo, but all my cousins/friends thought i was coolest cuz no one else had it.. lol

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Ghost House on the Sega Master System. I remember feeling gypped when i opened system for christmas and it wasn't a nintendo, but all my cousins/friends thought i was coolest cuz no one else had it.. lol

I never owned the Sega Master System, but a friend in my childhood neighborhood had one. I was over there so often, his parents talked about wanting to adopt me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pong was free with the Atari 2600 when I bought it... so technically, that was the first game I owned. I forget what year that was.... I feel old.... again.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Zaxxon on the Amiga.

I bet your parents loved those sound fx holy crap it fires into your inner ear lol