2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Do we actually have confirmation on DS? I only heard it form Slash N' Cast.

Just coming soon...

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah that one is pretty much a give kill and move on to next match bug. no point in running in circles not being able to do anything. I didnt experience any game breaking bugs last night.

When i was Jason I noticed multiple times when i was hit i wasnt stunned, but couldnt grab, slash or knife anyone. All i could do was run. I also noticed i had trouble stunning Jason with high stun weapons. Wonder if they were getting this same thing. Also combat block still seems extra clunky and unworkable as it was last patch(too slow).

edit: I almost forgot the blue light special bug. Super bright light shining through the windows of a cabin. When went inside it was normal without any crazy lights.

Interaction lock is not fixed on PC even though they state it is. Happened several times to me as different counselors including Tommy. Usually it happened when I got slashed by Jason. Sometimes it would recover after a minute or so but one time I had to have Jason grab me to get back to normal. And the blue light special I saw was in the large cabin at Packanack Woodbury. I morphed as Jason at the back of the cabin right at the window you could see the fireplace and my entire screen went white and when I moved it turned to the glowing blue. So that is a new bug as I've never seen it at that cabin previously. Sigh.

• Haha 1

Played quite a few games last night... the spectator bug did not happen to anyone in a match with me, but I see it is still there as others have mentioned that it happened to them.

Only one person in a match with me yesterday mentioned that they spawned in as a counselor they did not choose... so that can apparently still happen. 

Had no problem playing with friends... no one was booted in any game I have played since the patch dropped. I did have to send invites to friends who were not in game and had no idea this was fixed. But I quickly had a full lobby of friends. One friend did have some connection issues... but we are pretty sure it was her internet connection at fault.

Also, as I already mentioned in another post... there were quite a few boat escapes in the games I played last night. Only myself and one other Jason player managed to catch a boat that was moving... Five boat escapes happened throughout these matches including my one escape on a boat last night.... so the start up sound does not equal instant death... yet. Given time for players to adjust, there may be many more boats being stopped, or many players just might not bother with the boat at all. 
  I cannot say I agree with putting in a start up sound for the boat, whether it was there before or not. This seems like too big a buff for Jason... but as I stated above, people are still escaping on the boat against experienced Jason players.
  As it was before... players that try, and realize only a +Water Speed Jason can even gain on the boat when they are behind it... still managed to escape on the boat with Jason in the water giving chase... as long as you can see Jason on the mini map, he is easy to avoid in the water... considering it is not a +Water Speed Jason... and its not like Jason can just sit at the exit and wait for you... and the boat does turn. I have led many a Jason on a merry chase around the rocks... or around the island... and still managed to escape.... So, although I do not agree with the boat having a start up sound, I am not seeing a huge problem with it... yet.

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Played quite a few games last night... the spectator bug did not happen to anyone in a match with me, but I see it is still there as others have mentioned that it happened to them.

Only one person in a match with me yesterday mentioned that they spawned in as a counselor they did not choose... so that can apparently still happen. 

Had no problem playing with friends... no one was booted in any game I have played since the patch dropped. I did have to send invites to friends who were not in game and had no idea this was fixed. But I quickly had a full lobby of friends. One friend did have some connection issues... but we are pretty sure it was her internet connection at fault.

Also, as I already mentioned in another post... there were quite a few boat escapes in the games I played last night. Only myself and one other Jason player managed to catch a boat that was moving... Five boat escapes happened throughout these matches including my one escape on a boat last night.... so the start up sound does not equal instant death... yet. Given time for players to adjust, there may be many more boats being stopped, or many players just might not bother with the boat at all. 
  I cannot say I agree with putting in a start up sound for the boat, whether it was there before or not. This seems like too big a buff for Jason... but as I stated above, people are still escaping on the boat against experienced Jason players.
  As it was before... players that try, and realize only a +Water Speed Jason can even gain on the boat when they are behind it... still managed to escape on the boat with Jason in the water giving chase... as long as you can see Jason on the mini map, he is easy to avoid in the water... considering it is not a +Water Speed Jason... and its not like Jason can just sit at the exit and wait for you... and the boat does turn. I have led many a Jason on a merry chase around the rocks... or around the island... and still managed to escape.... So, although I do not agree with the boat having a start up sound, I am not seeing a huge problem with it... yet.

Damn, sad to see somethings still not fixed. again... I didnt experience any last night either which i guess means they are a little less frequent at least. baby steps..

52 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Damn, sad to see somethings still not fixed. again... I didnt experience any last night either which i guess means they are a little less frequent at least. baby steps..

At least the party kick bug seems to be fixed... so far. That was the only bug that "bugged" me... so I will be playing a lot more now.
   I really did not notice any of the usual bugs last night and I was on for hours. The random counselor thing only happened to one person in one game... so it is still there, but seems to be much rarer now at least.
   Baby steps indeed... but baby steps are still progress in the right direction at least. 
   I have been keeping an eye on this thread and am not seeing the usual flood of new bugs caused by pretty much every other patch... so that is a good thing too.

So you can bring "back" boat starting sound because it was already there so why cant you go ahead and bring Uber because its already there? And Wolf before you do your usual gun defender comment. Put a muzzle on it

7 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

So you can bring "back" boat starting sound because it was already there so why cant you go ahead and bring Uber because its already there? And Wolf before you do your usual gun defender comment. Put a muzzle on it

Haven't played this in a while. What happened with Wolf and what does the boat sound like?

2 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

False equivalence.... and leave Toasty alone.

2 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Haven't played this in a while. What happened with Wolf and what does the boat sound like?

Nothing happened with Wolf that I know of, just people disagreeing as normal, the boat start sound is the same one the Counselors hear at the same time, someone else can correct me if I’m wrong as I’m not a hundred percent, I play on console. I look forward to it, on both sides of the game.

I remember the boat sound effect. Lasted for maybe a week at best. It was taken out very very early and a thread was made when it happened where the devs explained then that the boat was NOT supposed to have a sound effect notification for Jason. And all of the reasons people have stated as to why this kills the boat are basically the EXACT same reasons that were given by the devs. I quite remember the long explanation and how the sound effect was only meant to be heard by counselors and not by Jason. The entire high risk/high reward breakdown.

I think there were a total of 3 people who ever bitched about not having an alert for the boat but the entire community almost unanimously agreed that the boat alert was not needed for Jason and everyone played for over a year without it. 

I mean hell, think about that ... it was like the ONE thing everyone here agreed about in the entire span of this game and for some reason 15 months later we just suddenly have a boat sound that nobody asked for. I mean whatever. Doesn't matter to me, I have 100% completion. But anyone looking for boat achieves ... good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Here is a video from the beginning and there is no boat sound on jasons side. And for the record this was posted june 2017

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DelusionBoy I exaggerate for the sake of hyperbole but you get what I mean. Any time I've played on PC in the last few months 1 out of 10 matches there is a blatant hacker that has speedhacks, levitation, teleport, etc. And when they are Jason they always know where you are despite not having any legitimate reason to correctly pick out the 1 bed you are under out of 12 in whichever cabin you're in.

On maps that have a boat I can now just sit back and kill the counselors one by one. I just have to go from phone to car, I play Jason 2 and with this sound effect I don't even have to worry about the boat anymore at all. As long as I can hear it I can tip it over. No one used to use it because it was so difficult to pull off now it is just impossible.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

h4jg94D.png

Why do People think they know me? So stop assuming bullshit.

All I can say is , I wish he was there too but as said often enough , he is not Ready. And I have moved on About this Topic , and you should too.

I also don't like the engine upgrade , hate emotes , clothes and Jason not being balanced Right. Are you now happy? If yes , I hope you can now touch yourself to that.

5 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Nothing happened with me , People just think they know who I am and those People think I am a ''Gun Defender''.... And the boat start up is like when you start the boat as a counselor just in veeeery quiet.

And @Slasher_Clone , thanks!

So far I have tried to keep my calm about the Uber-Jason debacle. But since the reasons stated for him not being released despite seemingly being finished were MISSING SOUND EFFECTS during killing animations and MISSING MUSIC why didn't you roll him out before deadline and added existing effects - machete sounds from J7 e.g.- later on? The boat sfx seemed to not be causing legal trouble? I just have real trouble wrapping my head around this. And I know this is beating a dead horse, and I have accepted the fact that he is not getting a released, there is just this huge elephant in the room. For me at least. 

Since we are talking about weird priorities, why fixing sth no one considered a bug? You yourselves never did. Almost nobody in the community did. I'm sure a lot won't mind, but there are way more and heavier pressing issues than the boat sound. And this is precisely what grinds my gears. No matter what my stance on the boat sound may be, it's another case of a hard to comprehend shift in priorities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/15/2018 at 2:50 PM, Whitebabyjoker said:

Hiding works as intended. It's a last ditch effort kind of thing. Voices and sounds being messed up are super low on the list of things to fix. The hiding mechanic cannot and will not be changed because of the lawsuit. Adapt, learn, overcome. Aka dont use hiding spots if you have problems with it.

Yeah. Aside from the boat badges, the hiding place badge was one of the last for me to acquire. I literally had to go into matches and purposely jump in and out of closets just to earn the badge. Hiding was never really a thing for me in the game.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 12:10 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Boat Escapes are the most daring/dangerous of escapes.

But there was NEVER a boat sound for Jason before. EVER. Not even at launch. Ben even said that was because it’s easier to catch the boat. So Jason didn’t get an alert when it was started. Why was this added now??? 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

But there was NEVER a boat sound for Jason before. EVER. Not even at launch. Ben even said that was because it’s easier to catch the boat. So Jason didn’t get an alert when it was started. Why was this added now??? 

Exactly.

And without sound, boat escape are still dangerous. Jason should check his map often to see if the boat is moving. I do it every time, I let intentionally players repair the boat for Jason's badges and it always works. It's a part of strategy of this game and that's cool like that.

Since this is a PC-specific patch, will the next patch be console-specific, or will those changes affect all systems across the board? Aside from the introduction of dedicated servers, that is.

I got you, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow! Cheaters indeed became a part of the game by now, sadly. And that's sucks.

Guys, a while ago I've noticed that when you play as Jason and being stunned with a sweater, first the screen shows a "resist" bar, but when Jason being hit again and brought to his knees, the screen shows "rise" bar and you need to bash "e" again from the start, though a "rise" bar fills faster. (PC)
I think before, there was only one bar, I've never paid attention to it. Or has it always been like that?

17 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

h4jg94D.png

Why do People think they know me? So stop assuming bullshit.

All I can say is , I wish he was there too but as said often enough , he is not Ready. And I have moved on About this Topic , and you should too.

I also don't like the engine upgrade , hate emotes , clothes and Jason not being balanced Right. Are you now happy? If yes , I hope you can now touch yourself to that.

Nothing happened with me , People just think they know who I am and those People think I am a ''Gun Defender''.... And the boat start up is like when you start the boat as a counselor just in veeeery quiet.

And @Slasher_Clone , thanks!

mm okay.

7 hours ago, DelusionBoy said:

I got you, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow! Cheaters indeed became a part of the game by now, sadly. And that's sucks.

Guys, a while ago I've noticed that when you play as Jason and being stunned with a sweater, first the screen shows a "resist" bar, but when Jason being hit again and brought to his knees, the screen shows "rise" bar and you need to bash "e" again from the start, though a "rise" bar fills faster. (PC)
I think before, there was only one bar, I've never paid attention to it. Or has it always been like that?

It wasn't like that before. It was added a couple patches ago, I think. The resist bar use to continue to fill up when you get kncoked to your knees. But, not anymore. 

On 8/16/2018 at 7:17 AM, Daneasaur said:

Honestly, I find it hard to argue with something that puts more power back in Jason's hands.

Agreed, but not in this fashion. It kills a play mechanic. If anything, it could encourage more people to take up Jason-hunting. Better odds than surviving in the boat.