18 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

As far as I know, the boat starting sound was something that worked properly in the early stages of the game and was always intended to be in the game. 

18 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Boat Escapes are the most daring/dangerous of escapes.

Honestly, I find it hard to argue with something that puts more power back in Jason's hands.

• Like 1

@[IllFonic]Courier "Added a sound effect to starting the boat."

Boat is a death trap now. Thanks.

18 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Boat Escapes are the most daring/dangerous of escapes.

What made the boat escape balanced is that there was no sound effect. If Jason sees the boat moving on the map, it's game over. There is no way to escape Jason in the water, except maybe a slow water Jason in very select circumstances. If Jason knows the boat is in play, no one is escaping by boat unless say boat and car and phone are all repaired at once or something. Now if someone starts the boat alone, game over. Done. You're dead. You can't defend yourself in water and you can't outrun Jason in the boat if he has 1% common sense. Morph to the exit, catch the boat when it gets there, drown 1-2 people, that's it. Done. Game over.

When Jason had to pay attention to the map there was a chance of failure and it was more thrilling for the counselors because you could never know for sure if Jason knew you were escaping via boat. Now because he gets notified, the boat is a non-option because he'll drown your ass in 2 seconds.

16 hours ago, DelusionBoy said:

It's wierd. What the volume of the sound has to do with the lawsuit?
Yeah, I am not using hiding spots most of the time. I don't understand how someone can speak that loud being inside a closet, this is just wrong, makes no sense. Like that was made to attract Jason. I mean, even if he is not even in the room. You can hear voices even outside the cabins.

If you are on PC don't bother hiding anywhere because hackers have ESP wallhacks that show the locations of every person and item on the map, and basically the entire PC player base that's left playing are hackers, like 90%. I played 1 match last month and I hid under a bed well before Jason showed up and Jason ran right to the exact bed I was in and killed me. Like out of 400 average players left about 350 are hackers that never get banned or circumvent bans with unlimited dupe accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its ok people. Counselors still own Jason if they have any competency.

Stop worrying about the illusion of balance in a 7 vs 1 game where the killer should clearly be easier to play.

• Like 1

Boat start sound was actually present at launch. I'm pretty sure about that. So the people here that say it wasn't, clearly haven't played the game long enough.

12 hours ago, i-cold said:

* Pamela's laughter is failing in the final cutscene

Yeah, that got my attention too. I'm wondering whether it was intended or not.

I really don't understand how the dev made this decision. I understand when they changed mechanics because players complain about this, like Jason's grab range or teamkill.

But who complain about boat starting alert?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinisterslither said:

And I play since launch and never heard the boat starting as Jason, that is logical). (On PS4).

Well , I have a friend who remembers it having a Sound.

40 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Okay I have no doubt about your friend's memories, but for me, it still a bad idea to have this sound. Some guys on this thread explained why, better than me.

After playing a few matches last night it's been a mixed bag for me. I played 5 matches where the boat was present (Packanack, boat spawned at the common north location, Crystal lake one at the boathouse and one near the dock to the northeast, and one at the dock near Stillwater camp). Usually I target the boat first and have a general idea of where the parts are in relationship to the boat, I usually forgo stopping to search for weapons/items and will push the repair hard.  3 of out of 5 escapes where successful, the other two were causes by me screwing up the skill check.  

What I've noticed is that the boat is now very, very situational.  The escape from Packanack and Crystal Lake boathouse are ok, and Higgens are ok. But when the boat spawns at the far locations it's going to be near impossible to escape.    

If the boat spawned in the canal on Higgens it was a tough escape because Jason usually sees you due to the location of the car spawns, and stops you before you hit open water.  If there is now a sound, it's going to be impossible.

The same is going to favor Pinehurst because of the narrow chokes everyone on the map.  The car is also extremely difficult because the councelors have to cross Bridges and Jason can block the choke point.  While it's tonight to escape Pinehurst the boat was the best method.

I still haven't been able to hear the sound as Jason. Each time it was my turn it was either a shitty small map or no one attempted it.

But I completely agree with your assessment above.

@ShiftySamurai I appreciate the time and effort that the team puts in creating patches, but I really wish you guys would have asked for some feedback regarding the boat.  This was never considered a broken mechanic as most people didn't think twice about the missing sound effects. Even from the comments of the veterans indicated that at this point in the game lifecycle  it was perceived to be working as intended.  It also seems that the soundless boat was also balanced with the design of the newer maps because escaping from Jarvis and PineHurst, along with the far spawning boat locations on the original maps seemed to account for this.  

This also leads to the question regarding the small maps.  Leaving the boat out of the design had made sense, without the sound since it was an easy escape.   If you guys are working on any more fix patches, you should consider rolling back the boat change if enough users vote for it.

But just to sum it all up:

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The boat spawn at higgins is the first time ive ever seen it there. Was that broken for awhile or something?

Well , I know 3 spots where it can spawn…..so I think you either had extremely bad luck or you just forgot.

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I know 3 spots where it can spawn…..so I think you either had extremely bad luck or you just forgot.

Yeah I am getting old.. ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What made the boat escape balanced is that there was no sound effect. If Jason sees the boat moving on the map, it's game over. There is no way to escape Jason in the water, except maybe a slow water Jason in very select circumstances. If Jason knows the boat is in play, no one is escaping by boat unless say boat and car and phone are all repaired at once or something. Now if someone starts the boat alone, game over. Done. You're dead. You can't defend yourself in water and you can't outrun Jason in the boat if he has 1% common sense. Morph to the exit, catch the boat when it gets there, drown 1-2 people, that's it. Done. Game over.

When Jason had to pay attention to the map there was a chance of failure and it was more thrilling for the counselors because you could never know for sure if Jason knew you were escaping via boat. Now because he gets notified, the boat is a non-option because he'll drown your ass in 2 seconds.

If you are on PC don't bother hiding anywhere because hackers have ESP wallhacks that show the locations of every person and item on the map, and basically the entire PC player base that's left playing are hackers, like 90%. I played 1 match last month and I hid under a bed well before Jason showed up and Jason ran right to the exact bed I was in and killed me. Like out of 400 average players left about 350 are hackers that never get banned or circumvent bans with unlimited dupe accounts.

Agree, it is another proof that the devs do not play their own game public. its just stuipid to add this sound. but, what I am talking about. They do not know what to do with their game.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

So they've had this many months and they still managed to not fix the game breaking spectator bug?

Makes me wonder if random Jason/Counselor were even fixed. Haven't bothered to play the update yet.

The random counselor bug is still there it seems. It happened to two of my friends I was playing with last night. I didn't see it myself because I joined them later in their session but they both said it occurred. However, of the 3-4 hours of game play it only happened once to them. Never happened for me and before this patch it would happen at least once every time I played for a few hours.

Better news is the party system is finally fixed for PC. We didn't witness the spectator bug throughout our session so I can't speak to that.

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yes. The sound was there at launch because I remember after a certain patch it was no longer there. I always thought they intended to remove it but I guess not. These devs. ?

16 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Yes. The sound was there at launch because I remember after a certain patch it was no longer there. I always thought they intended to remove it but I guess not. These devs. ?

Thanks for confirming that. Do you Play on PC? Because console Players are going apeshit now.

11 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Because console Players are going apeshit now.

Xbox players....?         #notallconsoleplayers.

33 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Hmmmmm….haven't heard something from them too , you're Right. Sorry.

It’s sad because, I’m on PS4 but I like the change so I appear to be in the minority of my consoles players opinion.

the Xbox players will all come bitch later and prove me wrong, lol.

Hi @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow! I have never met such hackers but I can't prove you wrong. But 350 out of 400 seems too much. 50 out of 400 would be more realistic. I mean, I know some of them, not personally, because they were showing up pretty often, and it's just around 5-8 people or so (EU server). Sometimes they bring their friends, but those do not stay for long. I consider a hackers in this game like a "madness" game difficulty for Jason ? (If Jason is a hacker, there's no point of playing at all). I can play with them once or twice, but overall this is boring, and I'm totally don't understand why they're doing this. Regularly...
Not important part: What I was talking about, is not probably a hiding spots problem in particular, it's a little problem of most sorta old games, as I see it, with the sound. It doesn't have a properties of a real sound, as air absorption and listener focus, proper attenuation and stuff. If you ever played Unreal Gold (I can't give another examples unfortunatelly) - this is some kind of mess. You pretty often can't figure out where a sound comes from, it feels like it is close, but it's not, and this confuses too much. In case of hiding spots - loud voices make searching easy for Jason. Sometimes, I even "playing" searching, by breaking wrong beds and closets to make it look like real searching. Because I already know where that person is and it's boring. Where is the tension? Jenny is the only character that can last long enough in this "game". But again, this kind of changes can change the balance of the game, so... yeah.

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Thanks for confirming that. Do you Play on PC? Because console Players are going apeshit now.

Yes I am strictly a PC gamer. I guess with console players the boat sound was never there? I can understand why they would be going apeshit then but oh well. Such is life.

Sweet, I am guessing the patch will be live for consoles once the patch passes certification?

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Sweet, I am guessing the patch will be live for consoles once the patch passes certification?

from what I understand, consoles are getting a totally different patch. PC had different bugs. plus consoles are getting DS.

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

from what I understand, consoles are getting a totally different patch. PC had different bugs. plus consoles are getting DS.

The boat noise would be a nice addition, plus I have experienced the walking through cars, and the interaction locks on consoles. Some of the bugs appear to be the same. I hope interaction lock gets fixed soon. It's very hard to escape Jason when I can't jump through windows.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

The boat noise would be a nice addition, plus I have experienced the walking through cars, and the interaction locks on consoles. Some of the bugs appear to be the same. I hope interaction lock gets fixed soon. It's very hard to escape Jason when I can't jump through windows.

yeah that one is pretty much a give kill and move on to next match bug. no point in running in circles not being able to do anything. I didnt experience any game breaking bugs last night.

When i was Jason I noticed multiple times when i was hit i wasnt stunned, but couldnt grab, slash or knife anyone. All i could do was run. I also noticed i had trouble stunning Jason with high stun weapons. Wonder if they were getting this same thing. Also combat block still seems extra clunky and unworkable as it was last patch(too slow).

edit: I almost forgot the blue light special bug. Super bright light shining through the windows of a cabin. When went inside it was normal without any crazy lights.