18 minutes ago, DelusionBoy said:

It's wierd. What the volume of the sound has to do with the lawsuit?
Yeah, I am not using hiding spots most of the time. I don't understand how someone can speak that loud being inside a closet, this is just wrong, makes no sense. Like that was made to attract Jason. I mean, even if he is not even in the room. You can hear voices even outside the cabins.

Anything that updates the in game features counts as an update to the game which would be in violation of the lawsuit. Like they can't even add a tree into a map without getting hands smacked. Also when the game first came out there was a chance of getting stuck in that hiding spot for the rest of the match or until killed. Also there was a big to where your character would breathe super hard regardless if your stamina was 100% or not. So they have made them better, the only time I find them useful is when I'm in a cabin as a slow player and there is a fast character with me. Nine times out of ten, Jason doesnt know you're there and will chase the fast counselor as they run away. Then exit the hiding spot and move. Also beds make the least amount of noise when enter and exiting. 

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

hoping the invite system is fixed and maybe we can get in a match together

Indeed. That is really the ONLY thing I care about at this point.

@Whitebabyjoker, my point was that this is aesthetically wrong. But if nobody else think that way, I'm not going to bother anyone.
I don't have problems with hiding spots because I personally don't even need to hide most of the time.
Well, if that's really impossible because of the lawsuit, this is strange.

Anyone playing yet that can confirm if things listed are actually fixed? Also any new bugs found? I will be on later and report back.

9 minutes ago, DelusionBoy said:

@Whitebabyjoker, my point was that this is aesthetically wrong. But if nobody else think that way, I'm not going to bother anyone.
I don't have problems with hiding spots because I personally don't even need to hide most of the time.
Well, if that's really impossible because of the lawsuit, this is strange.

Oh you're totally right.

16 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Anyone playing yet that can confirm if things listed are actually fixed? Also any new bugs found? I will be on later and report back.

Sweater cancel doesn't work anymore and Packanack and Crystal Lake didn't get the specator glitch , Looks Pretty good in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psychophonic said:

Hmm!  And where is the info about speed hackers in the patch note ?

Last week I recorded and reported to the team at least 7-8 speedhackers. Looking at the video, it is very clear the speedhack as you everyone know :) Do you know if they will get ban? Or neither with this can help to clean these noobs players?

1 hour ago, panik11 said:

Last week I recorded and reported to the team at least 7-8 speedhackers. Looking at the video, it is very clear the speedhack as you everyone know :) Do you know if they will get ban? Or neither with this can help to clean these noobs players?

They will not get banned. Even if they get banned. They will be unbanned a few months later.

11 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

They didn't fix the spectator bug.

Lol, of course they didn't. At what point did either Gun or illfonic give you any impression they know what they're doing?

Bugs I have encountered so far after the patch.

* Offline bots: if a player dies in one of Jason's traps, it doesn't count as a kill and the scoreboard shows he's still alive. However, the match still ends after I killed the other counselors.
* Tommy Jarvis sounds like Kenny in some kills. (happened with Chest Stab kill with Part 9's weapon)

• Thanks 1

* Pamela's laughter is failing in the final cutscene

VERY glad to see these issues being fixed. I am not complaining because i know how tedious these patches can be especially with a small team. But my question is when on earth are you going to address the exploits for the Easy Anti Cheat.. known as EAC ? where people are using the Hacked version of EAC to enable speed hacks for Counselors and Jason, and even to spawn in med sprays, knives and infinite health or at least banning the ones that are doing this ? Thanks for all your hard work guys.. it is truly appreciated keep it up! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Casey Kasem said:

VERY glad to see these issues being fixed. I am not complaining because i know how tedious these patches can be especially with a small team. But my question is when on earth are you going to address the exploits for the Easy Anti Cheat.. known as EAC ? where people are using the Hacked version of EAC to enable speed hacks for Counselors and Jason, and even to spawn in med sprays, knives and infinite health or at least banning the ones that are doing this ? Thanks for all your hard work guys.. it is truly appreciated keep it up! 

Casey Great to see you! Yes guys this is a horrible issue.. as well as people using the hacked dll file to get Savini Jason and stealing all the dlc content. That would be my big question adding to your reply would be when are you guys planing on actually addressing these two huge issues.. We are tickled you are patching the game but these issues continue on with people hacking and the speed stuff Casey is talking about and the people using the hacked dll file that has been used with the cracked copy of the game to steal the content that backers and the rest of us pay for.  I wouldn't figure you want people stealing your content you worked so hard to create nor ruining the community with the hacks and cheats and driving all the legit people that enjoy this game away.  If you can't fix these issues atm, then please monitor the servers and when people report hackers with video evidence , at least start throwing some bans out to those that are doing not only your team wrong with the thefts, but making the people who have paid for the game and all the content miserable by cheating and having nothing done :( Being now that the game is canceled and you now have more than enough time to do so. But Thanks so much for your continued effort to eventually have this game fully patched. Go team GO!!!!

• Like 1

I definitely disagree with the boat alert.

1) Unlike the fuse and phone box, the propellor OR gas isn’t always in the general area of the boat. From my experience, one is and one isn’t. Usually, one component is clear across the map.

2) The propellor’s size often makes it difficult to find, and easy to overlook.

3) The boat only holds two.

4) Even Jason’s that are slow in the water can catch the boat if they morph to a strategic place.

5) It takes no skill to kill counselors in the water. Counselors are helpless if the boat overturns. A simple button tap gives Jason an insta-kill.

And now Jason gets alerted when the boat starts? Why the hell would I even TRY to find both boat components? The boat can be tough to put together, but it’s rewarding as a stealthy escape if you managed to get it done. Now it’s not going to be worth the effort at all. UNLESS... you start the boat, immediately leave it, then try to come back to it when Jason’s busy. Overall though, it sounds too high risk/low reward to me. 

If I want to go skydiving, and the instructor tells me that 90% of the parachutes won’t open, I ain’t goin’.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe Jason should be stronger than he currently is. But this boat nonsense is not the way to do it. Killing Jason is a safer bet than escaping in the boat. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Oh you're totally right.

two people i played with on the regular got banned for speed hacking just last week.  They are my friends.. but.. simple truth is it should have happened a long time ago. So hack at your risk i guess.. or maybe ur just rich and don't care at all.. eventually it will catch up with ya.  :)

Interesting. I always thought the boat was meant to be the sneaky get out of jail free card option if you're careful enough. I didn't even know the startup alert existed before. 

I don't think I'll be bother by this all that much mainly because a boat play is quite rare for me these days if I'm not replaying a jarvis/pinehurst map repeatedly. You will often find players that will make the car/phone objectives their top priorities. I can't say I really blame them and it's hard to argue with their reasons. It's more essential to just work on the car and phone because it has the better progress. It's also the better experience.

But, I think it's because like they mentioned earlier, it's made this way because the boat is suppose to be treated like a last ditch effort for surviving. Like the steps it's suppose to take towards killing Jason. These changes looks like their way of showing that. Putting back the necessary challenges on both ends.

Then the reward for doing so should be much, much higher. If the reward for surviving is the exact same across the board no matter the method, players will use the path of least resistance; that’s just common sense. If the fuse — a multi-step process itself — can get everyone out, why do TWICE the work with TWICE the risk to only get two players to safety?

Theres no motivation at all to attempt the boat now. The stealth was the boat’s only upside for all the work. That’s gone now. 

• Like 1

So they've had this many months and they still managed to not fix the game breaking spectator bug?

Makes me wonder if random Jason/Counselor were even fixed. Haven't bothered to play the update yet.

tumblr_p6w49fLvpu1qa5dldo1_400.gif

I always wait to start the boat until right after Jason Shifts/Morphs - this increases your chances of escaping. If Jason is on the opposite side of the map there is no way he will catch you in the water if he has just used his abilities. This of course works best when you have a team of counselors attempting multiple objectives and communicating. 

15 hours ago, Ahab said:

@[IllFonic]Courier I don't mean to be a nit picker... but... Why is this thread dated August 8th? My calendar says its the 15th of August. Has someone been doing some time travelling? Perhaps someone changed the time zones without telling me?.... I am thinking time travel.... definitely time travel.
   I am now officially confused.

Also, thanks for the update... I am hoping things work better now.

Topic was probably already created, but not public. Now the patch has gone through certification, they have set it to public.

Or time travelling. ?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Starting a boat will once again alert Jason via sound effect

EK8R2PN.gif

I'm sorry, I don't want to be mean but did you ever play to your game ? How are we supposed to escape if Jason can hear the boat starting ?

Why don't you just fix bug and don't change game mechanics/balance ? It was perfect like that about the boat escape.

(And I play since launch and never heard the boat starting as Jason, that is logical). (On PS4).