30 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

As far as I know, the boat starting sound was something that worked properly in the early stages of the game and was always intended to be in the game. 

Yeah, it absolutely was something in early matches.  But it hasn't been there in quite a while, so newer players wouldn't know it was supposed to be a thing.

And thank you for this patch, I got my friends together this past weekend after they were gone for months to run matches Friday & Saturday and many of these issues really frustrated us.  Hoping we can have a better experience next time!

4 minutes ago, The.Dark.God said:

Yeah, it absolutely was something in early matches.  But it hasn't been there in quite a while, so newer players wouldn't know it was supposed to be a thing.

And thank you for this patch, I got my friends together this past weekend after they were gone for months to run matches Friday & Saturday and many of these issues really frustrated us.  Hoping we can have a better experience next time!

hoping the invite system is fixed and maybe we can get in a match together

@[IllFonic]Courier I don't mean to be a nit picker... but... Why is this thread dated August 8th? My calendar says its the 15th of August. Has someone been doing some time travelling? Perhaps someone changed the time zones without telling me?.... I am thinking time travel.... definitely time travel.
   I am now officially confused.

Also, thanks for the update... I am hoping things work better now.

5 minutes ago, The.Dark.God said:

I think you might be surprised how many players weren't aware of this.  I've been playing since launch and have about 855 hours in playtime, and I never noticed it when playing as Jason.   So it must have been been one of those first few patches which caused the issue.

Regardless if it's a fix or not, this is might turn into be one of those balance changes that is going to probably cause a lot of reaction. 

Personally, I thought the the balance with the boat was fine and ever without hearing the sound, it was was still risky and basically game him an insta kill if he caught you anywhere in the water.

Even still I'm interested to see how this impacts the game.

@Ahab, the administrator and moderator tools provide the ability to create a post, but delay its appearance on the boards. This lets folks behind-the-scenes draft an announcement and set a time for its release.

You need put skip cutscene on Challenges

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great to see a patch.

A skip of the singleplayer challenges intro scenes missing.

5 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@Ahab, the administrator and moderator tools provide the ability to create a post, but delay its appearance on the boards. This lets folks behind-the-scenes draft an announcement and set a time for its release.

I was really hoping someone had invented time travel... but thanks for the clarification.

Just now, Dead Meme said:

Is this patch going to be released on consoles?

different patch will be coming soon

25 minutes ago, shodan said:

I think you might be surprised how many players weren't aware of this.  I've been playing since launch and have about 855 hours in playtime, and I never noticed it when playing as Jason.   So it must have been been one of those first few patches which caused the issue.

Regardless if it's a fix or not, this is might turn into be one of those balance changes that is going to probably cause a lot of reaction. 

Personally, I thought the the balance with the boat was fine and ever without hearing the sound, it was was still risky and basically game him an insta kill if he caught you anywhere in the water.

Even still I'm interested to see how this impacts the game.

I'll have to go look through my old gameplay videos and see if I have any as Jason where the boat start is heard.  I suppose it's possible I am mis-remembering, but I really do believe it was that way early on.

I'm sure it will definitely change the dynamic, I can't tell you how many matches I had as Jason where I noticed halfway through that the boat was gone and I hadn't had the slightest idea people were using it to escape.

EDIT: Well, I found a match I recorded from July 4 2017 that I was Jason and did NOT hear the boat start, so it had to have been before that if at all... unfortunately that's the earliest match I have recorded playing as Jason where the boat was used.

11 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

different patch will be coming soon

Okay, thanks. 

Glad you dropped the patch before the trailer for Gun.’s new game, the comment section on bloody disgusting is ugly, hate to see what the forums would have looked like if we didn’t get a PC patch. 

Trailer is very interesting, if anyone cares to go look. I like the early cinema quality it all had. 

@[IllFonic]Courier, I don't want to annoy anyone, but could you please answer my question that I've posted in the beginning of this thread? I didn't found anything in particular on the forum about this. Or point out to me some another thread.

2 hours ago, DelusionBoy said:

Hello. I'm curious is the current hiding mechanics works as intended? I mean, I'm not sure, but I think many people may find hiding useless and even dumb sometimes. Because counselors voice lines are too loud. It is enough to just come into a room and wait untill they reveal their location. If you're attentive enough, this makes it too easy. Can't their voices be muffled and loudness lowered? For Jason?
Edit: And also, when you hold your breath for really small amount of time, counselors still exhale like they were holding it for long. IMO, to make sounds like this you need to hold your breath for about a minute or so.
Edit: Ah! And one more thing. Chad has no hiding spot voice lines. Instead, he says his "dead body reaction" lines. But maybe this was fixed, I don't know.

Hiding works as intended. It's a last ditch effort kind of thing. Voices and sounds being messed up are super low on the list of things to fix. The hiding mechanic cannot and will not be changed because of the lawsuit. Adapt, learn, overcome. Aka dont use hiding spots if you have problems with it.

7 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Hiding works as intended. It's a last ditch effort kind of thing. Voices and sounds being messed up are super low on the list of things to fix. The hiding mechanic cannot and will not be changed because of the lawsuit. Adapt, learn, overcome. Aka dont use hiding spots if you have problems with it.

It's wierd. What the volume of the sound has to do with the lawsuit?
Yeah, I am not using hiding spots most of the time. I don't understand how someone can speak that loud being inside a closet, this is just wrong, makes no sense. Like that was made to attract Jason. I mean, even if he is not even in the room. You can hear voices even outside the cabins.

32 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

So , now we can say those People who said it will launch with the Ultimate Edition were wrong , yeah.

And also , Welcome back @Dead Meme! I missed seeing your ugandan knuckles in the morning.

@Slasher_Clone, could you Maybe link it?

Here you go...

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3515676/video-friday-13th-game-developers-gun-media-release-new-teaser-mysterious-project-melies/ 

@DelusionBoy, never hold your breath, it doesn’t help. Just hide, then do nothing till it’s time to go.

You don't need to hold your breath if you are playing as a councelor who has high composure. Just remember to open a window so it looks like you've left. 

Just remember the following:

1. Jason can sense that  your in the house, if he senses you it stays red unless he turns off and leaves the house. If your are still hiding it won't flash red. This only works prerage, if he is in a rage it remains red. This applies to tents and outhouses.

2. Don't bother holding your breath, you'll give yourself away. It's best to just hide and wait.

3. Jason can always see your sound rings, unless your Tommy or AJ. If either characters are using the epic perk that muffles jogging and sprinting those characters do not generate sound pings.  If Jason doesn't see the sound it may cause him to stop and search. 

4. Hiding under a bed and entering/exiting a closet makes a very distinct sound. 

5. If Jason is chasing someone , hide before he knows there are two of you.

6. If he starts checking beds, wait until he gets interaction locked, and escape. 

1 minute ago, shodan said:

You don't need to hold your breath if you are playing as a councelor who has high composure. Just remember to open a window so it looks like you've left. 

Just remember the following:

1. Jason can sense that  your in the house, if he senses you it stays red unless he turns off and leaves the house. If your are still hiding it won't flash red. This only works prerage, if he is in a rage it remains red. This applies to tents and outhouses.

2. Don't bother holding your breath, you'll give yourself away. It's best to just hide and wait.

3. Jason can always see your sound rings, unless your Tommy or AJ. If either characters are using the epic perk that muffles jogging and sprinting those characters do not generate sound pings.  If Jason doesn't see the sound it may cause him to stop and search. 

4. Hiding under a bed and entering/exiting a closet makes a very distinct sound. 

5. If Jason is chasing someone , hide before he knows there are two of you.

6. If he starts checking beds, wait until he gets interaction locked, and escape. 

Z69sdgT.png

I think that's the wrong thread , dude.

Lol yeah...whoops i pasted in the wrong tab.

Guys, I'm playing for about a year, I'm not a total noob. But don't you think it just sounds wrong. How are the sounds from a closet may be that loud?